Coopers Community

New to the Guild? ** PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST **

PB2

G'day to all brewers. Fall down waters brewery has been added. I started out brewing with my now "passed" father-in-law. RIP Enrico. He taught me the basics as he started out brewing before kits were available. Cant wait to try the ESVA recipe. Take care all and may your glasses be always full

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter at al,

New here (can you tell?) I've been trying to add my 'brewery' to the "My Brewery" section, get to name it, place it on the map - yet when I click save. Nothing happens.

I've tried a few times, but it assumes I have no brewery, so I'm guessing it's not saving?

My 'brewery' is "The Old Canterbury" with the house brew being Cider, with a close second of Ginger Beer :P

Cheers, Nathan.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Coopers community, I'm Dave and I have been brewing Coopers yum for 4 years now and loving it. I have been quite happy with the standard real ales etc, but have now become a beersnob and moved on to the premium range and stocked up with 10 cans of the best stuff, like IPA and Sparkling - fantastic! I have previously experimented a bit with malt and done well, and now am ready to experiment more with extra hops. I have just made a Sparkling Ale and an IPA and I will see what I think in a couple of weeks, I am hoping for more hop aroma and body strengh than the regular stuff. I read scary things here like 2.5 weeks of fermenting, putting 3 lots of hops in a boil at different times etc and start to think I am in Uni when I only wanted college. I read FAQ to no avail, so lots of homework needed for me, please go easy [biggrin] . So my opening lesson is... I have hop pellets imported from USA, I just want to try them in a brew, I use cling-film method, therefore I have to add them at mixing time? All I want to know is what do I do with them? Boil them, soak them etc? Bit dumb I know, but it's the simple things in life that confuse me [crying] I'm just a beer drinker for god's sake. Thanks in advance,

Alright, after a bunch of lurking and finally getting involved (even making the cut in weggl's poem) I have finally set up my brewery.

I have called mine 'Poleaxed Brewing' and my house beer is my Galaxy Pale Ale, with steeped caramalt and dry hopped with, you guessed it, galaxy hops.

My real name is Jase, originally from Adelaide. Work opportunities moved me to Sydney 2 years ago yesterday.

Finally started brewing late last year (after taking about it for way too long) and have 2 fermenters going at any one time. Both are currently nestled in my brew fridge at 18C, gladwrapped of course...

Have the (brewers) luxury of being a single bloke in a 3br house, so there are boxes of empties all over the joint and the linen cupboard is devoid of its eponymous usual fillers, so plenty of room for conditioning.

Favourite commercial beer is Coopers Sparkling Ale, which I and my friends have affectionately come to refer to as 'Sparlo' (spread this round, we are trying to get it to go mainstream) and since I have moved to NSW, I am ready to deck anyone at a bottleshop that asks 'is that the green one?' when I ask for a carton of sparkling.

I actually have a custom pair of shorts made out of a Sparlo beach towel. They are awesome[biggrin].

Looking to move towards partial mash and maybe some AG in the future, but kit brewing, with the right adjustments and experimentation, has proven both economical and rewarding so far, so I'm in no rush to run before I can stagger?!

Hi people,

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks checking out what you guys are up to.

I kinda got the bug after trying a mates European Lager before xmas. It tasted pretty awesome (way better than the stuff years ago) and comparable to anything off the shelf. My bro also bought a kit recently and has just put down his first brew.

When he offered to let me borrow the kit and have a crack I jumped at the chance, and have just put the lid on my first Real Ale brew. Looking forward to giving it a crack a few weeks down the track.

So I have added my "brewery" to the maps etc. I'n Havelock North in Hawkes Bay, NZ where we are having constant 30+ deg days at the moment.

I look forward to learning a bit off you all and getting to know everyone as I go along.

Cheers

Nath [wink]

Oh Muddy, i've made the mistake of going there again re-registed, location Manly Vale, but alas i'm not on the map, but there is some other bloke in manly vale. I guess they can only fit one in Manly Vale. By the way i noticed 2 at Queenscliff but you are the only one that shows up on the map.You have the spot

Warren

Hi people,

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks checking out what you guys are up to.

I kinda got the bug after trying a mates European Lager before xmas. It tasted pretty awesome (way better than the stuff years ago) and comparable to anything off the shelf. My bro also bought a kit recently and has just put down his first brew.

When he offered to let me borrow the kit and have a crack I jumped at the chance, and have just put the lid on my first Real Ale brew. Looking forward to giving it a crack a few weeks down the track.

So I have added my "brewery" to the maps etc. I'n Havelock North in Hawkes Bay, NZ where we are having constant 30+ deg days at the moment.

I look forward to learning a bit off you all and getting to know everyone as I go along.

Cheers

Nath [wink]

Welcome Nath,

You will need to pick up your own kit soon, once you brew one or two you will be that hooked that the fermenter will never be empty. I currently have equivilent to 10 brews in the pipeline, and still have a brew in the fermenter.

Its a very exciting hobby and you have joined the correct forum for it.

• 2 weeks later...

[happy] Giday all just added the Beercave, lilydale Victoria got the kit for my 40th in dec and hooked on to my 3rd batch already next is a joint effort on vintage ale got the recipe got the hops and will let u know in 18 months lol if its any good.

Gday all,

Have been checking this forum out for a while now and it was the reason I got back into brewing. Did a few batches years ago but just got myself a new fermenter and currently doing bottle collections from all the mates. Its amazing to see the amount of people on this forum willing to share ideas and recipes. Great Work!

Archived