Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, King Ruddager said:

Pretty sure I can improve this experiment by using six beers and cooling them back down again afterwards ...

Maybe split a batch and ferment one in the sunlight when ambient temps are 18-20 and ferment the other half on your fridge at 18-20. Then you can do the same when bottling storing the sunlight batch in the sun and the other in a dark cupboard and do side by side.

Nice experiment Ruddy!!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey King Ruddager what size grain crush do you use for your BIAB? Do you use a standard 1mm crush or do you use an extra fine crush? I'm just setting up my own BIAB system in a digiboil kettle and my first brew came in way under gravity (1035 instead of 1044) and i was thinking it might be the standard grain crush you get in bags from countrybrewer? Any thoughts appreciated mate

Edited by Tempestlight

On 3/1/2020 at 9:11 AM, The Captain!! said:

That really does sound a bit gross @King Ruddager hopefully it’s drinkable for ya. Ha ha ha ha

8 hours ago, Tempestlight said:

Im looking forward to the tasting video for this one! Will you be having a bucket at the ready? 😄

13 minutes ago, King Ruddager said:

There’s a lot of interest in Everything Stout - perhaps I should do a live video for the first impression

For such a complex beer I'd be allowing it to age for quite sometime. I admit I don't know whether all those elements will ever come together in a really nice way, but you'll never know if you drink & judge it too early.

I didn't have much of a problem with most of your ingredients eventually blending at some point bar the vanilla bean & oysters. So I looked into it...

https://poshscottsdale.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/valentines-day-amuse-bouche-oysters-with-vanilla-sherry/

Apparently quite a romantic coupling. 🤣 Maybe save a few for Valentine's Day with your partner next year Ruddy?! 😉

I admire your creativeness & endeavour with this brew. I reckon on the surface it is terrific, & I really enjoyed your video making it!

I look forward to future comments from your tastings as it ages. 😎

Best of luck.

Lusty.

• 1 month later...

WOW, just found these here on this thread, already have picked up a few tips not mentioned elsewhere, going to now 'spend some quality time' scrolling this thread and popping my eyeballs on the vids, love your video style, Thankyou all for helping me jump start the learning curve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 6:25 PM, Chil said:

WOW, just found these here on this thread, already have picked up a few tips not mentioned elsewhere, going to now 'spend some quality time' scrolling this thread and popping my eyeballs on the vids, love your video style, Thankyou all for helping me jump start the learning curve.

Yep KR's videos are a great resource.  One of my first beers was his Easy Pale Ale from four years ago.  Still one of my favourite brews.

You can learn lots in under four minutes.