Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

Spoiler alert - this batch didn't come out at all as I wanted. Probably the worst affected by my recent speed-brewing diacetyl issue unfortunately.

Oh well, it's still beer.

I think I'm going to give up on bramling cross though and use EKG next time. Maybe proper liquid yeast too.

• Sad 5

On 7/11/2020 at 2:54 PM, King Ruddager said:

I got the oats all wrong. Tastes like toasted museli beer

I'm very interested. Is it like a toasty muesli stout-y beer? Or like a toasty muesli beer-y beer?

What do you think you would change about it? I had a "white" stout a few months ago and it blew my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

A way to empty the cube without getting wort all over the place would be a really helpful tip.

I tried to "hack" my cube but that wasn't too successful either. I took be bung out and attached a tap to the cube. Once I tipped it far enough, I opened the tap to let air flow through, letting the wort run out nicely. However the hot wort warped the cube a little and the tap became rather loose. It worked but wasn't particularly trustworthy. It was all a little flimsy 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

A way to empty the cube without getting wort all over the place would be a really helpful tip.

Siphon. Short length of thin hose, poke it in, thumb over the end, pull it out, thumb off, voila. Only need enough out such that it can be safely lifted.

Edited by King Ruddager
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Don’t fill it so much ha ha ha 

I don’t fill it right to the brim so I can put my auto syphon in and then draw off enough to lift, about 4-5ltrs

Then I just tip it in through a strainer

• Like 1