Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

Yeah the only issue was it kept freezing due to poor upload bandwidth. There was one part where I was talking about Rick and Morty and then Seinfeld for a few minutes and the whole bit got cut!

I did see a few "hi Ruddy" comments though, so obviously a couple of people from here briefly tuned in.

It was a lot of fun to do though and I could have kept going for ages, but also you have to know when to call it quits.

Edited by King Ruddager
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, King Ruddager said:

Yeah the only issue was it kept freezing due to poor upload bandwidth. There was one part where I was talking about Rick and Morty and then Seinfeld for a few minutes and the whole bit got cut!

I did see a few "hi Ruddy" comments though, so obviously a couple of people from here briefly tuned in.

It was a lot of fun to do though and I could have kept going for ages, but also you have to know when to call it quits.

I'll be keen to jump in on the next one 🙂

Let us know when you plan to do it!

2 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

Just record yourself with a camera next to your computer while you live stream and upload the camera recording afterwards

On 4/24/2020 at 12:10 PM, King Ruddager said:

My next brew will be all mosaic as the pirate life mosaic is second to none. How have you found mosaic as a bittering hop. I did a single Citra IPA before and it was pretty harsh in terms of bittering flavour

On 4/26/2020 at 1:40 PM, PaddyBrew2 said:

My next brew will be all mosaic as the pirate life mosaic is second to none. How have you found mosaic as a bittering hop. I did a single Citra IPA before and it was pretty harsh in terms of bittering flavour

I've made a couple of Mosaic SMASH brews and find the hop quite nice. Good for bittering and very aromatic. I like the grapefruit flavours it imparts on the beer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Blocks of ice to cool partial boils quickly
  • Chux cloths for dry hopping, including food handling gloves sprayed with starsan for removal and squeezing of said dry hops
  • Marbles in said Chux cloths to weigh them down, fishing line to pull them out
  • Use some of your hop boil liquid to rinse your Coopers can instead of boiled water
  • Online calculator for mixing boiled water with tap water to get an end volume of water at 70°C, much easier than trying to heat it to 70°C
  • Bulk priming in primary
  • Leaving SG sample in test tube beside actual brew for approximate SG without taking excessive samples
  • Join the Coopers Forum for lots of help and advice on brewing
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 11:04 AM, King Ruddager said:

Anyone else got any tips I can steal for video ideas?

Putting a 10mm approx wedge underneath the tap side of your FV so it tilts the vessel slightly. At bottling/kegging time, remove said wedge and sit flat so the yeast cake is at a lower point on the tap side which helps not draw the yeast into the last few litres

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 3

On 5/23/2020 at 12:34 PM, King Ruddager said:

Anyone else got any tips I can steal for video ideas?

Fast tip: I've found there's no real need to soak extract tins in hot water if your swishing them out with hot water after emptying the contents anyway.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 1:01 PM, King Ruddager said:

Oh poo, you're a day late @MUZZY - I could have tried that yesterday if I'd known! It'll probably be several months before I do another partial or kit brew ... unless MOTB comes up ROTM I suppose

I think your wish has been granted KR