Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

• 1 month later...

King Ruddager,

I've been sat here tonight watching your Videos and having a great time. Her in doors and me got home earlier from a nice dinner out at Tea Tree she went to bed and I tuned in to the Coopers Forum. Glad I did as I had a great time watching.

If you are ever doing a brew that you don't mind turning into a lesson for others you could very easily sell tickets to the event! I don't think I'm far away so i'll buy a ticket and hopefully learn something from you.

Cheers. biggrin

Adelaide water would be better for an ESB than Melbourne water...

I use rain water and treat it to the style of beer I want...

Rain water with a decent wack of crystal malts in a full mash will have PH way to low creating wacky flavours... been there done that!

If you are ever doing a brew that you don't mind turning into a lesson for others you could very easily sell tickets to the event! I don't think I'm far away so 'll buy a ticket and hopefully learn something from you.

A live event? lol But most of it is just cleaning, watching the clock and pottering about the house

• 4 weeks later...
- pretty happy with this video cool

Hi King Rudda,

I'm very interested to know what computer programme you are using in the video. It looks well laid out and user friendly.

I've recently (with a little help from Her in Doors) made up an excel spreadsheet which calculates a lot of stuff for me once I enter the SG, FG and costs it auto populates a lot of stuff I'm interested in like cost per glass, standard units of alcohol, ABV Keg and Bottle, Apparent and Actual Attenuation.

I'm adding different formulas to it as I go along and it's becoming quite comprehensive and a good record keeping guide but what your using may be a fantastic addition.

Beers

Marty

I ended up checking out a few of your videos tonight, really enjoying them, I'm just starting out so handy hints in there for me.

How do you find the Adelaide water for brewing? I'm using a puratap to get most of the taste out of it.

Shame I put down a brew on the weekend with the weather we are getting at the moment, my fermenter is getting warm :(

- pretty happy with this video cool

Hi King Rudda' date='

I'm very interested to know what computer programme you are using in the video. It looks well laid out and user friendly.

Marty[/quote']

I thought I saw him answer this somewhere but he is using the IanH spreadsheet. He has 2, one extract the other BIAB. Available http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/29655-kit-and-extract-beer-spreadsheet/ I think you may have to register with them first before downloading.

In Belair the water seems ok actually' date=' although I think when I was using spring water the quality was slightly better[/quote']

It didn't click you were from Adelaide. I use rainwater. I do have a filter in the kitchen but it's very slow. Tap water would be ok too I suppose other than the chlorine odour. I don't drink tap water.