Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

• 3 weeks later...

Your kingship I have missed your videos.

If you are after ideas, maybe:

* makings a few beers kff the top 100 list that just came out including the centennial blonde.

* Washing yeast

* Rehydrating yeast

* Maybe explaining the whole cubing thing

* Explaining sugars/dextrose etc

* A cider?

[FFS This forum is infuriating on mobiles]

Yeah it's been a bit quiet lately in the royal brewery - mostly just cleaning bottles which doesn't make great watching. I should be brewing again in a couple of weeks though, and I maintain an ideas list too so I'll add those.

Currently I'm working on a tasting video for the first 10 brew days and perhaps ghetto temperature control.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ruddy.

Interesting beer, & another entertaining video. cool

I was wondering if you had considered doing a follow up video to some of your beer recipes once they are on the pour so viewers can get a full idea of the finished product? unsure

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

Ruddy might actually have to start using the re-hydrating yeast method first before he makes a video on it. loltongue

Well, I recorded my first attempt at re-hydration last night so I'm going to have something to offer soon. I definitely won't file it under "how to" though ... more just me trying something new.

Considering you've got the urn now, when you do those unhopped extract batches, why not simply do a full volume boil and then stick it in a cube to no-chill as you would with AG? Saves faffing about with ice blocks and since you're already using the urn to boil it anyway you may as well just boil the whole thing and then pitch the next day.

i also watch all your vids KR, i dont post in here much as my my iphone doesnt let me log on, but i do check em all out, i got an urn because you made it look easy(er)

even my missus has a snoop at what im watching and a laugh at your vids,

now start doing re-cultured yeasts so i can learn from your mistakes!!!

cheers

PS in the EB porter clip, did you forget the fuggles? or did i miss it? lol