Coopers Community

DESKTOP COMPUTER-LAPTOP-MOBILE

Classic Brewing Co

Just wondering what you all use for this forum, a Desktop, Laptop or Mobile Phone.

I use my Desktop 80% of the time as I have a 32" Curved Samsung Full HD Moniter which I use for graphics & I find it much more comfortable & easier to get around.

I do use the mobile a bit, mainly when I am out or outdoors & of course when I have called it quits for the day with my feet up in the lounge.

• Like 3

i mainly just use  my pc which is a desktop with 2 screens.  1 is 4k monitor while the other is just a hd monitor   , this allows me to multitask  as well it does come in handy wien i am brewing specially watching fermentation process  as i can just keep the brewing software open on 1 monitor  while i harass everyone else here and other forums etc on the 2nd monitor.

while away i just use a laptop.  i dont use the mobile to much  for browsing on this forum as much  but occasionly still  have a look  

• Like 3

On 10/4/2023 at 7:34 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just wondering what you all use for this forum, a Desktop, Laptop or Mobile Phone.

I use my Desktop 80% of the time as I have a 32" Curved Samsung Full HD Moniter which I use for graphics & I find it much more comfortable & easier to get around.

I do use the mobile a bit, mainly when I am out or outdoors & of course when I have called it quits for the day with my feet up in the lounge.

I use all three. The Mac with a 27" ultra wide screen in the study, a laptop in the brewery and the phone everywhere else.

I'm not short on computers here. I have a Mac mini and a PC in the study, there is also a little compute stick running my iTunes library and a laptop. Then there is the brew laptop in the brewery, an iPad and a few spares like another laptop. an older Mini and a small form factor PC. There are an additional 2 spares but they are being prepped to be sold. And of course don't get me started on my collection of old 8 and 16bit home computers, which include 3 fully restored C64, 2 Amigas, 2 VIC 20, an Apple IIc, A ZX Spectrum, a TI 99/4a, 2 RaspberryPi-based Commodore compatibles running emulators for all sorts of CBM machines and an old TRS-80 and enough spare parts to build at least one more working C64. Oh yes, there is also a BananaPi and an additional RaspberryPi. I think I should open a museum 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I use all three. The Mac with a 27" ultra wide screen in the study, a laptop in the brewery and the phone everywhere else.

I'm not short on computers here. I have a Mac mini and a PC in the study, there is also a little compute stick running my iTunes library and a laptop. Then there is the brew laptop in the brewery, an iPad and a few spares like another laptop. an older Mini and a small form factor PC. There are an additional 2 spares but they are being prepped to be sold. And of course don't get me started on my collection of old 8 and 16bit home computers, which include 3 fully restored C64, 2 Amigas, 2 VIC 20, an Apple IIc, A ZX Spectrum, a TI 99/4a, 2 RaspberryPi-based Commodore compatibles running emulators for all sorts of CBM machines and an old TRS-80 and enough spare parts to build at least one more working C64. Oh yes, there is also a BananaPi and an additional RaspberryPi. I think I should open a museum 🙂 

Sounds like it AK. 🖥️ 

Windows Laptop with external 32 inch and on a 27 in i-mac set up in a nice array. 

Working from home have a good set up home office and my stumpy fat fingers are not good on the phone but I did get a 15+ iphone the day of launch so must try that

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I just shouted myself Samsung's latest Tablet, this is the top of the range, I love it - SAMSUNG GALAXY S9 ULTRA 5G.

I do most of my work & the forum on the large desktop, but when I retire to the kitchen/dining room/lounge it is a bit of a letdown coming from a 32" curved screen to a 6.8" screen, this is 14.6".

A little extravagant but who cares, now I can get out of the office/bar/taproom & enjoy a bit more comfort.

The black object in the right-hand corner is not an arial but a S-pen on a magnetic strip on the back.

I can highly recommend this device, review underneath.

20240612_0842271.thumb.jpg.a16acadcd22882c59fb5dd82eba4b94f.jpg

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=samsung+galaxy+tab+s9+ultra+5g&mid=3A283B577D800B83780D3A283B577D800B83780D&FORM=VIRE

• Like 2

i am not sure i would like another tablet to be honest   

to me i spend alot of time on pc  .  as i just dont use the  the pc for  reading beer forums i use it beer forums to avoid alot of muppets  
as i deal with alot iptv  and people not knowing how to set it up after they have been shown 100 times lol.

tablets are to small for my liking   

Posted (edited)

20240612_175551.thumb.jpg.42dc6fa77d4eef453fc46b5f9ff80374.jpg

33 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i am not sure i would like another tablet to be honest   

to me i spend alot of time on pc  .  as i just dont use the  the pc for  reading beer forums i use it beer forums to avoid alot of muppets  
as i deal with alot iptv  and people not knowing how to set it up after they have been shown 100 times lol.

tablets are to small for my liking   

True but this is 14.6 inches sitting on a stand & I don't have to pick it up to do anything.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just shouted myself Samsung's latest Tablet, this is the top of the range, I love it - SAMSUNG GALAXY S9 ULTRA 5G.

I do most of my work & the forum on the large desktop, but when I retire to the kitchen/dining room/lounge it is a bit of a letdown coming from a 32" curved screen to a 6.8" screen, this is 14.6".

A little extravagant but who cares, now I can get out of the office/bar/taproom & enjoy a bit more comfort.

The black object in the right-hand corner is not an arial but a S-pen on a magnetic strip on the back.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=samsung+galaxy+tab+s9+ultra+5g&mid=3A283B577D800B83780D3A283B577D800B83780D&FORM=VIRE

I have had the S6 tablet for over 4 years now. Works as good as it did new. Battery life is less though. I was told after about two years to set the 85% charge level which I did and I must say it seems to make a difference to the battery life. Just a tip for your brand new one mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

I have had the S6 tablet for over 4 years now. Works as good as it did new. Battery life is less though. I was told after about two years to set the 85% charge level which I did and I must say it seems to make a difference to the battery life. Just a tip for your brand new one mate.

Cheers Greeny, I will take that on board. 

Ta.🍺

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

I was told after about two years to set the 85% charge level which I did and I must say it seems to make a difference to the battery life. Just a tip for your brand new one mate.

there is some truth to that i belief  , was listening  to something on lithium batteries which most of our electronics use these days from mobiles, tablets  andlap tops through to  ya  ev cars 

they say  its best to run all electronics to @85%   rather then 100% to increase the life   and i know  samsungs  have had this feature for years   .   however they did say short burst to 100% will not hurt    during the life of a lithium battery.

they also said its best not to fast charge  lithium all the time either    but just trickle charge them for best results and once again  every so often a fast charge doesnt hurt  eg on a train ride  home  .

i have always done the  85% rule   except  on days when i head to the city   for the footy or a few  beveridges etc  as they are whole day  things and i dont get home to late at night

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

20240612_175551.thumb.jpg.42dc6fa77d4eef453fc46b5f9ff80374.jpg

True but this is 14.6 inches sitting on a stand & I don't have to pick it up to do anything.

it certainly does look nice mate ,  not only handy sitting back relaxing   but you can  use it around the brewery   displaying your recipes on brewfather  or what ever you use as well

14.6"  is a nice size screen for sure 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

it certainly does look nice mate ,  not only handy sitting back relaxing   but you can  use it around the brewery   displaying your recipes on brewfather  or what ever you use as well

14.6"  is a nice size screen for sure 

Yeah, good for brewing,  looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 9:52 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice big screen for a tablet. 

I got myself an iPad Air not long ago. I use it to control the smart home parts and of course to play games, ebook reader or watch videos when I am soaking in the bath tub. I have a case with a keyboard and track pad and also a pen, initially intended for travelling. The problem is that with the case, it weighs quite a bit more and I may as well use the laptop for travelling because it only weighs a little over a kilo and is a bit more versatile IMHO. 

I've had tablets for quite a few years now and like having them around. 

• Like 3