Coopers Community

Brewing Equipment

16 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

That looks like a very nice piece of kit @Hoppy81, I’ll look forward to hearing of your thoughts once you have it set up and knockin out packaged beers 

Wishin you happy packaging dayz 🍺🍺🍺🍺

Cheers mate. I currently use an Itap and that does an awesome job, it's just a slow process doing it 1 by 1, if these work, then i can do several at a time. Good times 🍻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Is that a filter mate?

I have one and regret buying it. Its clumsy and hard to use. A gimmick in my opinion. 

You can still dry hop with a Fermzilla with minimal oxygen ingress. Then top up with C02 afterwards.

Mine is gathering dust.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I have one and regret buying it. Its clumsy and hard to use. A gimmick in my opinion. 

You can still dry hop with a Fermzilla with minimal oxygen ingress. Then top up with C02 afterwards.

Mine is gathering dust.

Yeah I’ll see how I go.

• Like 1

My old faithful brew fridge sadly pooped itself the other day after a cold crash. A very good mate of mine happened to gave an old fridge lying doormant in his shed, he said worked perfectly. So he gave it to me. After a good clean up she came up good. Extra bonus there's no freezer so fits two fermenters. As you can see he's a Harley owner and drinks VB 😁

20231015_132054.jpg

20231015_132111.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

My old faithful brew fridge sadly pooped itself the other day after a cold crash. A very good mate of mine happened to gave an old fridge lying doormant in his shed, he said worked perfectly. So he gave it to me. After a good clean up she came up good. Extra bonus there's no freezer so fits two fermenters. As you can see he's a Harley owner and drinks VB 😁

20231015_132054.jpg

20231015_132111.jpg

Good score @Pale Man do me a favour & scratch of the VB sticker won't you. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Its a NO!!!!  😁

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

20231015_132054.jpg

20231015_132111.jpg

Well hopefully you’re up n running very soon with another mates donation or a gumtree special @Pale Man

Looks like there’s a few controversial (sorry I mean character) stickers on that ’ol girl - no doubt you’ll be a bit sad ya see her go to the “glue makers” of fridges 🥹

I'm trying to get the BrewZilla going but hit a snag connecting to the RAPT portal. I follow the prompts and always end up with an error stating "The selected device is not a RAPT Brewzilla", despite it prompting me to register it or "object ProgramEvent". The latter seems to relate to a coding issue, the former to a connection problem. THe device is on the WiFi, the router can see it and I can ping it, so the networking side is fine.

Has anybody seen this using RAPT and found a fix for it? I've contacted KegLand but am still waiting for a reply.

I'd like to do a few trial runs with the BZ but without RAPT, it won't let me do anything, always coming up that it needs to be registered and I can't get any further.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I'm trying to get the BrewZilla going but hit a snag connecting to the RAPT portal. I follow the prompts and always end up with an error stating "The selected device is not a RAPT Brewzilla", despite it prompting me to register it or "object ProgramEvent". The latter seems to relate to a coding issue, the former to a connection problem. THe device is on the WiFi, the router can see it and I can ping it, so the networking side is fine.

Has anybody seen this using RAPT and found a fix for it? I've contacted KegLand but am still waiting for a reply.

I'd like to do a few trial runs with the BZ but without RAPT, it won't let me do anything, always coming up that it needs to be registered and I can't get any further.

Bugger @Aussiekraut, sorry I can't help - I have no experience with these units, but trust someone will get back to you soon and shed some helpful and resolving light on your current hurdle 🤞

17 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Well hopefully you’re up n running very soon with another mates donation or a gumtree special @Pale Man

Looks like there’s a few controversial (sorry I mean character) stickers on that ’ol girl - no doubt you’ll be a bit sad ya see her go to the “glue makers” of fridges 🥹

The one in the photos is a working fridge. Mate gave it to me yesterday.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

The one in the photos is a working fridge. Mate gave it to me yesterday.

I would love to get a fridge without a freezer so it would take 2 x Fermenters, I was offered a near new SS model from a neighbour for $100 but of course it had a freezer, not much point, the search continues.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would love to get a fridge without a freezer so it would take 2 x Fermenters, I was offered a near new SS model from a neighbour for $100 but of course it had a freezer, not much point, the search continues.

I'm really happy with this. Works a treat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Now i believe your issue is that you are trying to connect via the 5ghz  in which the brewzilla  wont allow

what you will need to do is connect to your 2.5ghz  on your router  and then you should be able to register  the brewzilla to your rapt portal

image.png.b9300aa20e468f8be756c5b91c9bb6ab.png

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

I'm looking at a Coopers FV I can grab cheap it is a 25 litre FV is there a 30 litre or is 25 litre OK for a standard 23 litre brew?

Most of the Fermenters are 30l, Coopers is 35l & of course there is the smaller Craft Kit.

The Ampi style also have Craft size, 30l & 60l.

FB Messenger, Gumtree always have heaps for sale although I would be fussy to ensure it had no scratches & check out the overall condition.

Personally, I would rather buy a new one.

• Like 1