Coopers Community

Brewing Equipment

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

We have settled with 4 metres as there is now flow control, just a standard tap, the ones in my fridge are flow control  with just 2.5m.

Cheers for your input.

As mentioned Phil, you can always cut back if 4 is too long. But you cant add if your line is too short.

Let your beer gas as you do per normal, then try a pour. Go from there.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

As mentioned Phil, you can always cut back if 4 is too long. But you cant add if your line is too short.

Let your beer gas as you do per normal, then try a pour. Go from there.

Great, thanks Paley, I have cut it to 4m & I will connect it tomorrow for a test run.

Thanks for your help. 🍺

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

How did this go Phil?

Howdy Paley, TBH I haven't had a chance to connect it up yet, I have been at the neighbours most of the day sorting the new computers out, the usual installations, data transfer etc. They virtually have no idea, so I am it, I have been around computers for a long time & very much up with the latest technology etc, so I said to them do not employ a technician, I will do it.

They do ply me with liquor so it's not all bad. 😜

I probably will have a go tomorrow; I will report back.

Cheers.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Howdy Paley, TBH I haven't had a chance to connect it up yet, I have been at the neighbours most of the day sorting the new computers out, the usual installations, data transfer etc. They virtually have no idea, so I am it, I have been around computers for a long time & very much up with the latest technology etc, so I said to them do not employ a technician, I will do it.

They do ply me with liquor so it's not all bad. 😜

I probably will have a go tomorrow; I will report back.

Cheers.

No worries. Really interested in if my method works for ya 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

No worries. Really interested in if my method works for ya 🙂

So am I actually, but I reckon it will work, as you say if the flow is too slow, I can shorten the line.

It's great to have a portable set-up at last, 9.5l of IPA to cart around will be fun.

Thanks for your help yesterday, mate.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My flow from the 6kg bottle has slowed to a trickle, it happened yesterday. 

I suspect the gas bottle needs refilling although it is still heavy & the needle is just over the 500 kilopascal reading.

When I compare this with the 2.6kg bottle I had filled last week it was a similar scenario, the bottle felt heavy & the gauge was still showing a measure. The internet tells me an empty 6kg bottle wighs 7.3kg - 10.9kg depending on brand, mine are all from KegLand. 

Has anyone had experience with this - @Red devil 44 are you there?

I don't mind re-filling it but with no way of weighing it, I will have to assume that it is empty.

20240109_084040.thumb.jpg.1795ac0db3c0f137eb5495891df6d0ec.jpg

32 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I suspect the gas bottle needs refilling although it is still heavy & the needle is just over the 500 kilopascal reading.

When I compare this with the 2.6kg bottle I had filled last week it was a similar scenario, the bottle felt heavy & the gauge was still showing a measure. The internet tells me an empty 6kg bottle wighs 7.3kg - 10.9kg depending on brand, mine are all from KegLand. 

I don't mind re-filling it but with no way of weighing it, I will have to assume that it is empty.

Pour boiling water over the gas bottle .the same reaction happens like a BBQ gas bottle does and you will see the gas level 

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Pour boiling water over the gas bottle .the same reaction happens like a BBQ gas bottle does and you will see the gas level 

OK, I have heard that, but it will have to be done outside, I will do it later, what do you reckon it should read after that?

Thanks OD.

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK, I have heard that, but it will have to be done outside, I will do it later, what do you reckon it should read after that?

Thanks OD.

Pour the hot water over the gas bottle, if there is gas still in it it will show the level on the bottle due to the cold/hot reaction.

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers but what reading would I expect if it was empty?

If the bottle is empty it should have a pressure reading of zero. Perhaps the gauge/regulator is faulty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks OK to me I reckon there is something else restricting the flow maybe you have some hop matter in the out post restricting the draw the gauge is showing there is gas in the bottle

You say you have another bottle hook that up and see if there is any difference 

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Looks OK to me I reckon there is something else restricting the flow maybe you have some hop matter in the out post restricting the draw the gauge is showing there is gas in the bottle

You say you have another bottle hook that up and see if there is any difference 

Also it looks like the disconnect is not connected is that right?

• Like 1