Coopers Community

Brewing Equipment

Now that I have my brewery and used it a few times, I realise I still need two things. A kettle, which is just a visit to Kmart and a sink. The latter is a little challenging. Searching them interwebs, I came across a few foldable fish-cleaning tables with a sink, tap and a simple hose connector for water. That would be what I need but finding them is the problem. Nothing at BCF or Bunnings. Amazon doesn't have what I want either and the only one I can find on eBay comes from the UK with $170 shipping (for a $130 item). 

Does anybody know where to get something like that? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Now that I have my brewery and used it a few times, I realise I still need two things. A kettle, which is just a visit to Kmart and a sink. The latter is a little challenging. Searching them interwebs, I came across a few foldable fish-cleaning tables with a sink, tap and a simple hose connector for water. That would be what I need but finding them is the problem. Nothing at BCF or Bunnings. Amazon doesn't have what I want either and the only one I can find on eBay comes from the UK with $170 shipping (for a $130 item). 

My mate actually did find one from a demolition company who was dismantling an old house, it was in good nick & he got it for free.

I guess it was a matter of being in the right place at the right time. He installed it in his Bar & as you say just had it installed it to a tap.

Sounds like you have looked in the obvious places, maybe try a few S/H places or demolition companies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I got a sink for my brewing shed for $5 at my local Bendigo tip many years ago. They had a pile of quiet a few that they had put aside to be sold to anyone that wants one. Might pay to check your local tips and see if they put them aside there for recycling. I run the tap on my sink off my backyard tap.

Sink.JPG

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice RD, is that a Keg Land set-up & is that a 2l?

I want to set something up like that, but I am thinking about 5l.

@Classic Brewing CoYeah that is a 2L growler I got from Magnetic Island Brewery off Townsville back in April.

Yes the gear is from Kegland .

‘They have 4L, 5L & 10L versions mate. 
‘The kit I got (cheaper version) is ok for what I want, I purchased a 10 Pack of CO2 bulbs which will effectively do 1L per bulb. 

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

@Classic Brewing CoYeah that is a 2L growler I got from Magnetic Island Brewery off Townsville back in April.

Yes the gear is from Kegland .

‘They have 4L, 5L & 10L versions mate. 
‘The kit I got (cheaper version) is ok for what I want, I purchased a 10 Pack of CO2 bulbs which will effectively do 1L per bulb. 

Awesome mate, I will check it out, as the warmer weather is approaching, well in Adelaide anyway.

I have a similar set up, but I purchased 4 litres kegs for this purpose so that when coupled with my 19 litre cony kegs I have a racking capacity of 23 litres on brew day 👍🏻

My only difference is I purchased a flow control tap, definitely helps control any excessive foaming. 
I find one CO2 bulb lasts approximately one and a half 4 litre kegs. 
🍺🍺

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

So brewers who have these what would you prefer a Kegland Allrounder or Keg King Apollo snub nose?

i have both  the apollo  and the all rounder 

the apollo( mines a few years old now , but  i find it very difficult to clean by hand and have to use a buck blaster  as i cant get my fat arms in  the opening and i dont like to get brushes to help just incase they scratch the surface leaving areas  for nasties .  having said that  i often use this  specially if using my kegerator as a fermentation fridge  it easily fits in there and i can  brew to 30 litres easy enough as its a35l.

The All rounder has a bigger opening which makes it lot easier to clean  by hand  and is  works just as good as the apollo except doesnt hold the same  capicity .  but still good  to use as a fermenter or unitank

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

So brewers who have these what would you prefer a Kegland Allrounder or Keg King Apollo snub nose?

I have a Keg King 35L Gen3 Snub Nose.  I think the newer Apollo is only a 30L capacity.  I can do 30L brews in the Gen3 Snub Nose.  I think the opening in the Gen3 is smaller than the Apollo.  I can get my arm in a little bit and reach the bottom with a long silicon brush.  I still give it a soak in Oxesan and a final wash and rinse in my Kegland Bucket Blaster.

I do not have an All Rounder.  But, I like that the Snub Nose has a conical bottom compared to the All Rounder with its spherical bottom.  However, the All Rounder base is much like the Coopers base, which I also like.

I also leant toward the Snub Nose because it came with the pressure kit included, whereas with the All Rounder you had to either buy the pressure kit separate or get the one with the kit included.  I think the Snub Nose was a few bucks cheaper (stingy me).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Red devil 44 pity about the glass 😜 So take it not originally from QLD then? Not a propper cane toad?

@Uhtred Of BeddanburgMaroon all the way mate, born & bred.

‘The sharks story is my parents bought me a Cronulla Shark Mascot toy when I was a kid, long before the Broncos were in the comp, I used to build the Sharkies stadium out of Lego, so have supported them all my life.

‘Ironically my wife was born & bred in the Cronulla Shire and is a Sharkies supporter also, wasn’t planned but works out well in our household, except for State of Origin time 🤣🤣

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

Spied a few all-in-one brewing vessels on FB marketplace recently including this Grainfather G30 for $480, apparently never used. In Sydney, might suit someone here on the hunt for such a piece?

IMG_4638.png

IMG_4639.png

That would be a good buy at that price, from what I have seen they are pretty expensive.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

It's arrived! The assistant brewer is already inspecting the goods 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.d29a899fd8a6abbb81a257eb74b17a88.jpeg

mate , 1st bit of advice i will give you now  that is to buy the heat exchanger dish this will help in  keeping the top of the mash at temp as well

it simply attaches to the  false bottom   its a very useful tool i have found

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/35l-brewzilla-gen-4-heat-exchanger-dish-hed-1 this link is to the gen4 35l

enjoy your new toy mate

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

It's arrived! The assistant brewer is already inspecting the goods 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.d29a899fd8a6abbb81a257eb74b17a88.jpeg

Your Assistant Brewer appears to have a “come on, let’s get this bad boy out of its box and crankin cobber - as you well know, these brews won’t make ‘em selves - WOOF”  look on his dial 😂🤣😂

Happy Brewing @Aussiekraut 👏🥳🍺🍺😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Kegland have just released this beauty, just placed an order. Hopefully it works as described and hassle free and if so I'll grab several to speed up the bottling process 🍻

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/cannular-can-and-bottle-filler-rapt

Screenshot_20231007_174328_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89c15157a16332d6cf69d04b26a9c9ff.jpg

Go for it mate, it's only money. 🤑

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Kegland have just released this beauty, just placed an order. Hopefully it works as described and hassle free and if so I'll grab several to speed up the bottling process 🍻

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/cannular-can-and-bottle-filler-rapt

Screenshot_20231007_174328_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89c15157a16332d6cf69d04b26a9c9ff.jpg

That looks like a very nice piece of kit @Hoppy81, I’ll look forward to hearing of your thoughts once you have it set up and knockin out packaged beers 

Wishin you happy packaging dayz 🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1