Coopers Community

Brewing Equipment

32 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

May be an image of drill press and text

Has anyone seen these before. I can't find them anywhere online. The pic randomly came up in one of the FB home brew groups that appear on my news feed. Doesn't look such a bad set up.

A reverse image search didn't find a match. Could you join the group and ask the person who posted it?

• Like 1

I have just ordered a Cordless Drill, so it looks like the Rabbit Hole has summoned me 🐇

I was in Bunnings & the equivalent would have cost over $180.00 & that is for a 18v with only one battery pack. I t has had some very good reviews, but it may pay to buy a decent set of drill bits down the track.

I have decided to look around for a decent Grain Mill, I have seen KL & KK versions, but I will look online further.

Of course, there are lots of uses for a drill around the home.

21V Cordless Drill Driver + 2 Batteries Set Screwdriver Power Tool Hammer Kit 888714883962 | eBay

Picture 1 of 12

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have just ordered a Cordless Drill, so it looks like the Rabbit Hole has summoned me 🐇

I was in Bunnings & the equivalent would have cost over $180.00 & that is for a 18v with only one battery pack. I t has had some very good reviews, but it may pay to buy a decent set of drill bits down the track.

I have decided to look around for a decent Grain Mill, I have seen KL & KK versions, but I will look online further.

21V Cordless Drill Driver + 2 Batteries Set Screwdriver Power Tool Hammer Kit 888714883962 | eBay

Picture 1 of 12

I know my way around a drill, Phil, and that is a very good price. It's almost as if you bought the bits and they threw in the drill for free.

Still, you are on the right track about getting some good bits to use. Pro tip: I always buy two bits, particularly for the small ones, there's nothing worse than breaking the bit and not having a spare handy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kegory said:

I know my way around a drill, Phil, and that is a very good price. It's almost as if you bought the bits and they threw in the drill for free.

Still, you are on the right track about getting some good bits to use. Pro tip: I always buy two bits, particularly for the small ones, there's nothing worse than breaking the bit and not having a spare handy.

Yeah, I have had drills in the past, I used to put up Advertising display boards up in pubs as well as advertising surrounds over dartboards, rules of 8-Ball etc. so I have had experience with Hammer Drills.

This particular unit had good reviews, but a few commented on the quality of the drill bits, but at Bunnings you can get packs like this as big as you like.

I will see how the others go first & probably get a pack.

91Laun7DRmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I have had drills in the past, I used to put up Advertising display boards up in pubs as well as advertising surrounds over dartboards, rules of 8-Ball etc. so I have had experience with Hammer Drills.

This particular unit had good reviews, but a few commented on the quality of the drill bits, but at Bunnings you can get packs like this as big as you like.

I will see how the others go first & probably get a pack.

91Laun7DRmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Well it sounds like you know what you are doing but to anyone else who reads this: I would not recommend using those kinds of bits on the percussion setting.

7 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Well it sounds like you know what you are doing but to anyone else who reads this: I would not recommend using those kinds of bits on the percussion setting.

That was just a quick grab of a drill pack to explain what I meant; I couldn't find the pack that was recommended by Bunnings.

It was more like this, but I know what you mean.

ecf8f5dc9f45bcb62a302aa91a100d3b.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 5:51 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Picture 1 of 12

$49.99 is an exceptional price for all that.

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just bought a cover, digital thermometer & a few rubs for the new BBQ.

There is even an app to control the meat cooking, similar to an Inkbied.

Tomorrow is BBQ day! 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/jumbuck-digital-meat-thermometer_p3171708

Jumbuck Digital Meat Thermometer | Bunnings Warehouse

I've got one similar. Use 2 probes- 1 for bbq temp and 1 for internal meat temp. Works great, can use an app and monitor it from inside. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

I've got one similar. Use 2 probes- 1 for bbq temp and 1 for internal meat temp. Works great, can use an app and monitor it from inside. 

I will probably get a more expensive one with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc. but for now it will read the internal temp of the meat whilst the temp gauge on the unit measures the internal temp inside of the BBQ.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 11:03 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

They look great Stquinta, are they the keg type fermenters or do they have airlocks.

They have airlocks, but don’t ferment under pressure. I got one of the 30l ones, works quite well so far

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had anything to do with these?

In theory they sound pretty good.

The keg lid with built-in carbonation stone! The easiest way to carbonate your beer. Move the lid from keg to keg to carbonate as needed. This lid allows fast force carbonation with the minimum of effort.

The keg lid with built-in carbonation stone! The easiest way to carbonate your beer.
Move the lid from keg to keg to carbonate as needed. This lid allows fast force carbonation with the minimum of effort.
Features:
- Stainless Steel 0.5 Micron Diffusion Stone
- Keg Lid with Stainless Ball Lock Post
- Silicon Keg Lid seal
- 60cm of hose

Carbonation Keg Lid with 0.5 M Diffusion Stone

Some more gear to the brewing canon.

‘Glass washer from Kegland, will fit this to my bbq sink & post photos when done.

‘Pulley set.

‘Tower tube for the Kegerator.

Cronulla Sharks Bar Runner

‘And a lime sachet, a mate gave me 2 Coopers Lager tins and they are a bit bland without hops or additives etc, so decided to make a Lager & Lime. Might get some blackcurrant and make a Lager & Black also. 
‘Have another package arriving in the next day or so, so I will post up more goodies when I get it. 
‘Better get busy. 

IMG_4395.jpeg

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Some more gear to the brewing canon.

‘Glass washer from Kegland, will fit this to my bbq sink & post photos when done.

‘Pulley set.

‘Tower tube for the Kegerator.

Cronulla Sharks Bar Runner

‘And a lime sachet, a mate gave me 2 Coopers Lager tins and they are a bit bland without hops or additives etc, so decided to make a Lager & Lime. Might get some blackcurrant and make a Lager & Black also. 
‘Have another package arriving in the next day or so, so I will post up more goodies when I get it. 
‘Better get busy. 

IMG_4395.jpeg

Onya, RD, I love new 'pressies', always nice to unpack new gear.