Coopers Community

New Vintage Ale due soon?

King Ruddager

17 hours ago, Instigator said:

I didn't expect the peanut paste stout ROTM kit to sell out before the ESVA kit, but it did. 🤔

Probably had more of the ESVA packs, knowing it would be popular.  The Peanut Butter Stout sounds great too and at a good price point compared to more recent Craft ROTM's.  Not surprised it was popular.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Probably had more of the ESVA packs, knowing it would be popular.  The Peanut Butter Stout sounds great too and at a good price point compared to more recent Craft ROTM's.  Not surprised it was popular.

Yeah, you're most likely on the money. I also figure that a peanut stout sounds as appetising to me as Kale Ale. 😱

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

I'm down to the last 6-pack of my 2019 ESVA case. In past years, at this point I would put it in the back of the cupboard for aging, but this year I think I'm just going to drink it. 

Cheers, 

John 

Don't do it John.  Put it away until the 2020 Vintage comes out.  I have a sixer of the 2018 Vintage that I opened a week ago.  It was good in 2018, but great in 2019.

My ROTM homebrew version was so so in 2018.  But the tallies I stored beside the six pack now taste much better.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Don't do it John.  Put it away until the 2020 Vintage comes out.  I have a sixer of the 2018 Vintage that I opened a week ago.  It was good in 2018, but great in 2019.

My ROTM homebrew version was so so in 2018.  But the tallies I stored beside the six pack now taste much better.

Yeah that's what I've done for the last 6 years or so. Too late this time though, I had a couple last night and a couple tonight, so down to the last 2.

Cheers, 

John 

• Sad 1

Looks good @MitchellScott.  It has got a good dry hop, so at least in part it is meant to be consumed in good time.  Once the dry hop fades, it will benefit from that ageing.

My batch has been in the fermenter for five days now.  Still fermenting along.  Dry hop planned for the weekend.  Then cold crash during the week and bottle next weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 8:35 PM, MitchellScott said:

Well here she is... First pour. 

Certainly a nice beer..... In moderation. 

I think it could do with some extra ageing but nonetheless still quite nice. 

20191018_203238.jpg

Needs a fair bit of ageing. Mine has been in the bottle 2 months. Getting better every new bottle i open but still not a patch on 2018 IMO.

Couldn’t believe my eyes at my bottle-o. Half price  vintages. Manager says “ yeah they’re not making it anymore so we’re clearing the space”

I thought to myself hmmmmmm, clearly this person hasn’t a clue about the product. But i kept my mouth shut and handed her over 14 of my best dollars. Bargain of the year 

31C532BE-036D-4827-B43C-624DB2603E58.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 11/3/2019 at 5:55 PM, PaddyBrew2 said:

Couldn’t believe my eyes at my bottle-o. Half price  vintages. Manager says “ yeah they’re not making it anymore so we’re clearing the space”

I thought to myself hmmmmmm, clearly this person hasn’t a clue about the product. But i kept my mouth shut and handed her over 14 of my best dollars. Bargain of the year 

31C532BE-036D-4827-B43C-624DB2603E58.jpeg

Any left Paddy ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, King Ruddager said:

Has anyone got any of their home brewed 2019 ESVA left? I'm down to my last one now

I have got about 10 stubbies and 12 longnecks.  The longnecks were for aging, but given most of my brews since a couple of Saisons have got a diastaticus yeast infection, the longnecks will be drank early.  Diastatucus symptoms have not shown up in my 2019 ESVA yet (bottled in early November), but it is not worth the risk of them slowly but surely overcarbonating. 😃😥