Coopers Community

New Vintage Ale due soon?

King Ruddager

• 2 weeks later...

Was finally able to grab a carton last Friday*. Had a few of the 2020s over the weekend. Very IIPA like, in my opinion. I usually cellar a dozen, but it's going to be hard not to drink them while the dry hop is still fresh. Top notch yet again, Coopers!

* Was lined up at the checkout at Dans when the bloke standing behind me asked what I had. Nek minnit he's raced off to grab some, too. 👍

• Like 2

Went on a little vacation to the neighbouring province of Nova Scotia (with whom we are bubbling) and had a few draughts at Eastern Canada's only malt house. One of them was this brew, made with green malt:

http://hortonridgemalt.com/pages/raked-green-malt-beer

Tastes just like marijuana. I suggested they change the name form "Raked Malt" to "Mary Jane." Anyway, this is a novelty item. I won't be buying any green malt to put in my homemade beer. 

Some of their other brews were very yummy. 

Cheers,

Christina. 

Edited by ChristinaS1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Sounds like a very weird brew. Sure there wasn’t any other “green“ in it as well?

Yes, very sure. Those have not yet been rolled out. But there is a outdoor grow op next door, so they won't have far to go if they want some. Very local. 

Cheers,

Christina.

• Haha 3

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hooray!

Like an encore, it keeps you wanting more. Coopers Vintage Ale 21 is about to pour another unique seasonal release, and like most things it’s getting better with age. We’ve bettered our best once again and the brewers at Coopers have given us something special for this, our 21st vintage. Using Cashmere hops and expert craft we have brewed a beer filled with tropical, fruity and floral notes. Coopers Vintage Ale 21 is rich, balanced and full bodied making it perfect to drink now or store under cellar conditions where it will evolve over time. Coopers Vintage Ale 21 sits at 7.5% ABV, tastes delicious and is ready to pour now or later but it won’t be around for long so make sure you pick some up from your local bottle shop or drive-through before it runs out.

Now to wear out my F5 button on the Dan Murphy's website...

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, thirstybrewer said:

Happy vintage ale day to all!!!

Thanks for posting. I was going to ask if anyone had seen any in the wild, yet. 👍 Called into my local Dans to check this week (none) so left with a carton of the LE 440ml BES cans.

Have any collectors out there got any of the older ESVA bottles that had the foil on the neck? 2012 was the last I saw, I think?

On 8/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

There has been some distribution issues with Vintage this year, but you should see it appearing in the major chains around Australia pretty soon. Cheers!

PS This batch is the best we've made in years, in my (Frank A) opinion.  

Second that!!

Mine we’re still a little green when I got them. This year’s vintage aroma reminded me of the smell of a dry hopping bag when pulling it out of the fermenter after a week. But in the nicest way imaginable. 

Dangerously drinkable though. 

Edited by thirstybrewer
  • Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 1:12 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

I have not been out to see if I can get one this year. No Dans within 5 kms.

Ya want me to grab a slab and put it aside for you @Shamus O'Sean?  Quite happy to hold onto it for as long as it takes and I might have the opportunity tomorrow or Monday.  Let me know via a PM.

49 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I just tried 2021 version. Most unimpressive of all the batches ive ever tried. Very bitter and almost homebrew twangy taste. I guess its one that really has to be aged.

Are you sure all your malty AG lagers have not soiled your palate tastes there @Pale Man?  I thought I bought some vintage 2021 ale the other day only to find out when I got them home to open one they were actually 2020.   Talk about shopping product blindness.  The 2020 did not impress me and I could only drink one so maybe my tastes have been muted too with all the good AG brews I've been pumping out lately.

Just a tad too strong for my liking but each to their own.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Are you sure all your malty AG lagers have not soiled your palate tastes there @Pale Man?  I thought I bought some vintage 2021 ale the other day only to find out when I got them home to open one they were actually 2020.   Talk about shopping product blindness.  The 2020 did not impress me and I could only drink one so maybe my tastes have been muted too with all the good AG brews I've been pumping out lately.

Just a tad too strong for my liking but each to their own.

Ive really enjoyed the vintages in the past IB. This years is very rough, i struggled to d

• Like 1