Coopers Community

New Vintage Ale due soon?

King Ruddager

15 minutes ago, Poddy said:

Hi Lust I don’t work for Coopers, Dan Murphy’s or any other establishment. Sorry lust i was just Johnny on the spot 

No need for apologies mate. I was just a little surprised it was out there before the said release dates.

The most important thing is how wonderful the beer actually is. I don't attach "wonderful" to too many commercial beers. What's even more wonderful about the Coopers Vintage Ale is that I say this every year, yet the beer changes EVERY year.

HatsOff-Forum.jpg

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haaaaa, I got my hands on two six packs today. One will disappear in the depths of my beer storage for a few months, the other will disappear in my tummy over the next few weeks 🙂 🍻

The funny thing was that they had the beer in the store room but didn't know when to put it on the shelf 🙂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, retromaticon said:

It wasn't in stock in QLD Dan Murphy's yesterday, but today it seems it is. Will have to make a trip soon. Can't wait to try it and to buy & brew the ROTM.

I had checked the website and the DM I go to during my lunch break was out of stock yesterday already. When I checked other, nearby shops, the one in Oxley popped up as having stock. When I asked for it, they weren't sure if they could sell it already, so they checked and then gave me what I wanted. 

Found a 6pack in Pasadena, will think about cracking one in the next few weeks. And saving the rest for as long as possible probably a month.

This has me inspired to do a 'vintage' brew day. Make myself a nice strong ale. Does anyone one have some good all grain examples

7 hours ago, Gully85 said:

Found a 6pack in Pasadena, will think about cracking one in the next few weeks. And saving the rest for as long as possible probably a month.

This has me inspired to do a 'vintage' brew day. Make myself a nice strong ale. Does anyone one have some good all grain examples

This was really good: 

Cheers, 

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried this tonight, very nice. I naturally then searched for the ROTM version and saw the previous posts  on changing the link from the 2018 version.

I've just reviewed the recipe, seems pretty simple, however there's an issue.

I plugged the ingredients into ianh spreadsheet and although it's ABV is bang on at 7.5% (in the bottle), it's saying the IBU is only 35.1, yet the recipe states it is an IBU of 60.

Given the recipe only includes a FO and  30 min steep of cascade and mosaic, there's no IBUs added when factoring that into the spreadsheet.

Am I missing something?

My wife wanted to go to Dan's while I was putting our toddler down for his nap today, so I asked her to pick up my order for me.

I sampled one with dinner and it was really nice. They could always use more hops, but I get that it's not the point and look forward to them every year. 

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 1