Coopers Community

New Vintage Ale due soon?

King Ruddager

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 8:50 AM, Rampage429 said:

Thought i would share a pic of my Vintage collection.

Needed to relocate it as it was taking up to much room in my clothes cupboard.

Missing 06 & 07 only as i went interstate for football, i always check gumtree etc but no joy so far.

Vintage.jpg

Found a carton of 06 around 2 months ago, anyone got an 07 they want to part with.

Would complete the collection.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Wonder what hop combo will be in use this year 

The email notification says: "This year, six… (yes, that’s right six!) hop varieties have been used, paying tribute to past favourites, whilst embracing some new-world varieties.  The combination of Astra, Cascade, Centennial, Denali, Enigma and Simcoe".  When and how they are added is not mentioned.

It will be interesting to see the ROTM version that comes out just after the official release.

@Hairy, I was disappointed with last years commercial version.  The ROTM version though was outstanding.

• Like 2

I went to Dan Murphy's at lunchtime and they have nothing on their system. When I search Uncle Dan's website, the 2019 comes up as out of stock. Even the Cooper's website has no information. Some Dan's in SA and Vic are listed but nothing elsewhere. What good is it in Victoria? They can't get out of the house to get it anyway 🙂 

Well, let's wait and see...

9 hours ago, Instigator said:

I guess the "Extra Strong Vintage Ale" name has gone away for good.

The $94/carton price at Dans has me twitching a bit. 😬

Walk into any Sip'N'Save/Bottlemart (I think Bottlemart as well?) before the 19th & get it for $89.99 per case. 👍

• Like 2

I am drinking one of the 2020's right now.

WOW! It's got some pop right now!

For all the independent craft stuff out there & how far they push the envelopes at times, I LOVE the fact that Coopers do this with this beer each year.

They've got this beer in such a place now that it is so refined & tweaked that when the new hop & slight malt adjustments come each year, it's delicious in a new but recognisable way every year. Added to that, it ages so well & allows the buyer a second bite at the cherry with a different aroma & flavour profile depending on what age point they wish to drink it at.

I've personally not encountered or know of a commercial beer on this planet that can claim that each & every year. 😎

Just my 20 cents,

Lusty.

• Like 7

Spot on Lusty. I cracked my first last night. It's impressive how the backbone of the beer remains constant each year and then as you say the various little tweaks then do enough to make it different to previous.  It's a real highlight of the year when it's released. Kudos to Coopers

• Like 3