Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Yuk, Great Northern & in a VB glass 😬 it tastes even worse! 🤣

One of my 'tightbottom' mates popped in for a drink & brought one lousy can of the rubbish & ended up drinking 3 of mine.

This beer is tasteless, boring & very ho-hum. I thought I would drink it in case he remembered he left it here.

I don't make many lagers but this one is the pits.

20230718_163939.thumb.jpg.805f918c3d683fb34421e75d953bd981.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

One of my 'tightbottom' mates popped in for a drink & brought one lousy can of the rubbish & ended up drinking 3 of mine.

This beer is tasteless, boring & very ho-hum. I thought I would drink it in case he remembered he left it here.

Great Northern is the beer for people that dont drink real beer, it really is watery shite. Its amazing how many of my mates love it. At least VB has some maltiness to it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Great Northern is the beer for people that dont drink real beer, it really is watery shite. Its amazing how many of my mates love it. At least VB has some maltiness to it.

TBH, I didn't enjoy one sip, it's bloody awful. I just opened a Goat can get the taste out of my mouth & I got a burst of hops. 😃

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

For me it’s on the same level like Byron Bay Lager, had some on a party, one sip and the rest went down the drain

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Great northern is easy to clone though. Just go to Bunnings and get a Britta water filter 🙂 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I guess it is Jenny, but that beer & a few others (one is in a green can that everyone knows about) & TEDS, XXXX are among the worst I have ever had.

Many moons ago, before I turned into a beer snob, TED was my go to beer. These days, I just have to look at it and gag 🙂 Things change indeed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Back Brewing said:

That's true Jenny once you start brewing with malts and steeping grains you start to realise how watery commercial beers actually are 

I agree, years ago I brewed extract only, progressing into partials, crushing/steeping grains, experimenting with both dry & liquid malts, trying different yeasts.

At some stage temperature control was introduced & that improved everything beyond doubt.

Now with AG brewing that changed everything again & every aspect of the beer is far superior to any extract brews from appearance, body, mouthfeel, head retention, taste etc.

Adding kegging was the icing on the cake, it is so much better than bottling & I couldn't be happier.

Of course, we are still learning & strive to eliminate faux pas & improving wherever possible.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

you start to realise how watery commercial beers actually are 

My husband has been on the homebrew path with me for 18 months now. He started out wanting to make a brew as much like Tooheys New as possible. Now he is into brew enhancers and likes beers with a bit of body - but not too keen on hops.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jennyss said:

My husband has been on the homebrew path with me for 18 months now. He started out wanting to make a brew as much like Tooheys New as possible. Now he is into brew enhancers and likes beers with a bit of body - but not too keen on hops.

I can see where he is coming from - a good Aussie lager or European lager always goes down well. It's my personal mission this year is to get a good all round daily driver that even my mates will enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toolman01 said:

I think that many of us are looking for the same beer 🤔

Of course, we are 🙂 However once we have found it, it can get boring after a while. So a variety of such beers is needed to keep it all interesting. My problem is, of course, by now I have so many of those beers that I don't have enough kegs and taps. First-world problems, I know 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Of course, we are 🙂 However once we have found it, it can get boring after a while. So a variety of such beers is needed to keep it all interesting. My problem is, of course, by now I have so many of those beers that I don't have enough kegs and taps. First-world problems, I know 🙂 

I have that problem sometimes trying to drink multiple brews at the same time. A few a night of each then all kegs blow around same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2