Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

I felt like acting the Goat so here's a nice 'Larger- on special for $14.00 - normally $19.00 at Dan Murphy's.

GOAT stands apart from the rest of the herd. It’s an uncomplicated, anytime sort of beer with a Mountain Goat twist. Pale gold, with floral hop aromas, this is a clean balanced lager with a refreshing finish. It’s one very enjoyable beer.

20230709_154109.thumb.jpg.243932f6d833e1668b36e082d61e753c.jpg

• Like 6

Dropped in at Modus at Merewether on the way through to Sydney last week. Grabbed a feed and a tasting paddle.

Great venue. Even has a little kids play area. We dropped in at lunchtime and it was almost exclusively families with young kids (which is what we are). 

Tastebuds were on the blink as it turns out I was just starting to come down with a cold. My partner enjoyed them.  Got the raised eyebrow "Ooh, that's nice" with each of her sips.

The paddle included some of their limited release GABS beers:

Neural Network - AI generated East Coast IPA
Chrome fury - mango and coconut pastry sour

Wasteland - milkshake IPA.   

Rip and tear - red IPA

IMG20230706130652.jpg

Edited by Popo the Degenerate
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Another cold 14c down for Bay calls for a warming Coopers Stout, I am starting to feel warmer already. 😉

I am absolutely over this winter, bring on the spring/summer.

How could you stop at one of these beauties, what about you @Pale Man ?

20230711_172103.thumb.jpg.893bc48245da2971c76192f6e99fb508.jpg

Mmmmmm couple of long necks for me tonight

On 7/8/2023 at 4:23 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

There are too far many of those 'Nancy' Craft beers bobbing up these days, most of them are dreadful, I am mainly sticking to the better-known brands these days.

Green Beacon is up here in Brissy. Not a new brewery and they have some decent beers on offer but unfortunately, they were bought out by Asahi a few years back. So it is now accountants making the beer and no longer brewers. You know shareholder value before everything else. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Green Beacon is up here in Brissy. Not a new brewery and they have some decent beers on offer but unfortunately, they were bought out by Asahi a few years back. So it is now accountants making the beer and no longer brewers. You know shareholder value before everything else. 

Yeah, I know what you mean, overall, they all do a good job offering a wide range of different beers & flavours but as far as I am concerned you can count the only decent ones on your hands. There are some real schockers out there.

• Like 1

Went to the local last night had their IPA - crackingly good, dank, bitter 5.6% (not enough booze).
Pale ale > I think it had some faults.
Crisp lager > superb, slight hint of apple but worked well.

now I am having this and it is really nice

obviously I need to make some homebrew

PXL_20230716_081545817.thumb.jpg.edf63033c4cde6d200626d773ebb0220.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beach_life said:

Went to the local last night had their IPA - crackingly good, dank, bitter 5.6% (not enough booze).
Pale ale > I think it had some faults.
Crisp lager > superb, slight hint of apple but worked well.

now I am having this and it is really nice

obviously I need to make some homebrew

PXL_20230716_081545817.thumb.jpg.edf63033c4cde6d200626d773ebb0220.jpg

Hey Beachy, hurry up & build your shed 😉