Coopers Community

OK, What's The Plan For Tomorrow?

Beerlust

13 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

When do you expect this to be on tap??? 🤔

The first time I made this beer was also the first time I ever kegged a beer. That day, I thought it was the best beer I had ever drank. It drinks awesome fresh when the hop flavour & aroma is vibrant (IMHO).

It's not that complex of a malt bill that it will develop noticeable malt differences over elongated time frames like perhaps a stout will. The American style is really all about enjoying a sweeter maltier flavour combined with their almost religious hop forward approach they seem to push with almost all styles these days.

When I entered it in the local state comp I aimed for 4-6 weeks bottled. At home I finish the primary ferment, confirm FG, then dry hop for 2-3 days (then remove), cold crash for 2-3 days, then keg.

It'll likely be in the keg & on the pour within 3 weeks.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Lusty,

I’ve been wanting to make this beer for sometime now and have never really got my head around converting to all grain. 
Let us know how this goes and I’ll make one myself. 

There are a number of unknown variables this time around I simply can't predict. I'll send you one over too if it turns out OK. 😉

• 1 year later...

Bringing this topic back from the dead. I haven't brewed a batch for a good 6 months. I fermented a couple of cubes a few months ago but kids, work and paddocks there hasn't been much time.

I'm on holidays now and want to fill the cubes. Hopefully the brewing lineup will be

- an American brown ale

- Sierra Nevada clone

- a hazy pale

- an IPA

- something undecided

We'll see how far through it I get. Or if I get started. This thread might keep me honest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Popo said:

How did this one go, mate? Or is this another brew? This was a potential on the brew list.

My views on this one varied wildly

I have since tried an actual MO Former Tenant, although not side by side with mine.  I now think that mine was very close to the actual brew.  This aligns with anybody who tried mine and said it was very good.  As noted above, re who I am brewing it for, my brother liked it enough to ask for a keg worth.

I say mine, but I copied the recipe from Pig Den Brewing on Brewfather.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I am brewing for at least three these days. Red IPA for brother; Blonde for brother-in-law; Amarillo PA for brother/neighbour; Hop Slam for me; then I might change things.

You are a busy boy Shamus, I assume the Bro & BIL & neighbour don't brew well not as good as you.

That is a lot of work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1