Coopers Community

OK, What's The Plan For Tomorrow?

Beerlust

Hi guys.

I couldn't find a previous thread that covered this, so made this one. Sometimes it's that busy 'tomorrow' you don't have time to post on the day, so let us know what you're up to. wink

It can be what you're brewing tomorrow, what you're drinking tomorrow, what you're bottling tomorrow, what you're kegging tomorrow, what get-together you have going on, whatever.... but it has to be worth mentioning as something 'Tomorrow'.

To get the ball rolling I will be kegging a recent ROTM brew in readiness for a Sunday get-to-gether with a few mates watching the football & a hunk of pork on the rotisserie. biggrin

So what's your plan for tomorrow?

Lusty.

Tomorrow I am going to sanitise 2 x 5 litre water bottles and fill them with some filtered tap water and chuck them in the fridge.

So that on Friday I have cold water to use when I finally brew my loving Wife an apple cider. I bought one of those Mangrove Jacks' kits which come in the pouch with the yeast and other assorted additives. Everyone I've asked has said that these kits make a great cider and don't take very long to mature.

And because I am a bit of a hop head I am going to dry hop it for 5 days once the yeast has done it's job. 15 grams each of the following:

- Cascade

- Citra

- Galaxy

- Summer

These are the same varieties used in the Dry Hopped cider by 'The Hills Cider Company' which I had earlier in the year and its very tasty. I hope the Wife likes it as much as I do.

Cheers + ciders,

Mark

Well tomorrow, being today. I should've worked. But stuff about...But funny enough I also soaked some bottles with boost (has more percarbonate) and discovered it removes the labels even if the water is cold! (like really cold round here).

Well, normally Wednesday is my brewing evening. But since I put 2 brews down on the weekend I won't be doing any brewing today. I might take a drill to my FWK cube and fit the tap. I did try Matso's Session Ale yesterday which was pretty disappointing, so I might do up a recipe for a nice 3 - 3.5% ABV beer based on one my colleague brews. I know you've done something like this Lusty so I'll try and track down your posts on the matter.

I'll put my first ever order in at coopers if there is still a rotm pack left.

The Darth Weizer is tempting. If the movie sucks at least we have the beer crying

I've also done some sums and ..pretty good value delivered...hmm

...so I might do up a recipe for a nice 3 - 3.5% ABV beer based on one my colleague brews. I know you've done something like this Lusty so I'll try and track down your posts on the matter.

PB2's Nelson's Light

Play around with the ABV a little to suit your needs. It is the BEST light beer I've EVER drank. cool

My Mid-Strength Nirvana thread. I'm really stoked with what I brewed here from the kit base given what I was trying to re-produce. I'll add a little more hops at flameout & in the dry hop next time. Cracking beer given it's low ABV. coolhappy

I hope some of that interests you.

Lusty.

Fantastic' date=' thanks Lusty, somehow I couldn't find them when I searched for 'mid strength'.[/quote']

Check out Manticle's Dark Mild Ale on AHB. It is a cracking beer.

As for tomorrow, I will tell you tomorrow.

Hey there, How about tomorrow I wish...?

I wish I could bottle the 2 brews in cubes, start a new extract recipie in the new DIY fermenter, finish washing the old pick axe bottles, rotate the stock pile in the basement. Rack the 2 brews in the old FVs, but that will have to wait for another tomorrow...

In the meantime, I can empty out some bottles for bottling day cool

Cheers, Wazz

Am currently in the primary stage of awakening some stored US-05 yeast I've had in the fridge for a couple of months. Adding it to a 500ml starter shortly & provided it shows signs of being viable, will step it up late tomorrow, & possibly again on Saturday with a further 1.040 SG 500ml LDM mix in readiness for a planned brewday on Sunday.

Fingers crossed.

Lusty.

It should be fine after being in the fridge for a couple of months. You could use a yeast calculator to estimate the viability. Once it has taken off in the 500mL first step I'd be putting it into a litre or more for the next step. You won't get much growth with only 500mL at a time and it isn't great for the yeast either, or so I'm led to believe anyway.

That reminds me, I'm gonna make a 800mL starter for a jar of US-05 I have had in the fridge since April or whenever it was, and re-harvest it, to keep its viability up. This isn't a tomorrow job though. tongue Maybe Sat or Sun. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a carton of Pilsner Urquell so I can have something nice and refreshing over the weekend instead of porters - and also do a side by side tasting with a bottle of my own pilsner on Sunday. happy

I've had some stored, rinsed CCA yeast working away in a 1 litre starter over the last 2 days in readiness for brewday tomorrow. Actually that is now technically later today! wink

With my varying shift times it's often hard to remember what time it is, & where the heck I am at some points during certain days (if that makes any sense? unsure )

Anyways, should make for an interesting brew. Nice resiny hop for bittering, into some powerful grapefruit/citrus for flavour, into some very floral hops at flameout & into the dry hopping. happy

I'll post the recipe over in Chad's "Brew Day...." thread sometime tomorrow...err later today.

It's 2.30am, I think I need some sleep now...

Cheers,

Lusty.

I certainly don't miss the days of varying shifts, especially given one week I could be starting at 5am, and the next starting at 5pm. And then get random days off. I'll keep my permanent Mon - Fri broken shifts now! lol

I have no tomorrow plans at this stage except recovery from tonight's party.

"Tomorrow" is the ongoing bar build. Need to finish the drawer reconstruction - converting one wide drawer into a much smaller drawer plus a concealed slide out DJ rig for getting the party started. Also need to test mount all the switch gear to operate LED lighting around the bar and pergola.

Then need to cut holes for plumbing the kegs to the taps and so on. So I can set the wife loose on restaining all the timber.

But the most exciting part of the build - trying to fabricate a DIY postmix tap using irrigation valves, a couple of switches, a bathroom sensor tap, CO2 and a spare corny keg. Coupled with my own beer on tap, if I can have postmix for pouring a Jack and Coke for those inclined... I'll be one happy little alco!

• Like 1