Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

another great vid mate...loved the cross back to when max knocked over the beer...i remember watching that thinking this isnt going to go well lol.

Funny you used the term "gateway craft beer" with regards to the JB style. Ive found that same thoughts with all of the James squire (am yet to try the JB beers). But im guessing they have decided to try get people into fancy beers (or just average beers that they charge more for).

Someone pointed out that they're actually brewed by Woolworths. I suspect they're trying to edge their way into James Squire's territory

A couple of weeks ago I was given one of Coles (Liquorland/First Choice) private label beers to try.

Lorry Boys Golden Ale

It's the closest thing I've tasted from a commercial brewery to what I remember the original James Squire's Golden Ale used to taste like before the recipe got butchered & diluted down. I thought it was very nice.

It received a bronze medal at the Australian International Beers Awards in 2016 & 2017.

If you like the original James Squire Golden Ale' date=' perhaps give this one a try. [img']wink[/img]

Cheers,

Lusty.

If you tried one before Lion Nathan bought them out & their bean-counters said you can't do this & that, then you will have tried it at it's best. joyful

To me it was this beer in it's original form that started the whole explosion of craft beer in this country.

Cheers,

Lusty.

I have fond memories of the James squires golden ale. It was THE beer that got me into craft beer. I remember my first tasting of it was in 2003, and it was miles better than anything else available from the bottle shop. On tap it was a real treat.

If js was bought put in the 90s then I was tasting the inferior one... But I still liked it and it started me on my journey!

Cheers,

Jools

good job on the channel KR. I have to say your vids have helped me no end and its refreshing to see the lighter side of homebrewing cos it can be quite intense sometimes .

I am subscribed to a few channels including yours

gash slugg cos i like his ''how ya going'' and ''she'll be right'' aussie attitude

craigtube, the OG of youtube homebrewing. I like how he gets embarrassed when talking about the abv of his beers cos that many trolls have commented on his rampant alcoholism

also like tubedinoz but only because of the way he pronounces maltoDIXtrin

craigtube' date=' the OG of youtube homebrewing. I like how he gets embarrassed when talking about the abv of his beers cos that many trolls have commented on his rampant alcoholism[/quote']

Good ol' Craig! His videos taught me a lot in the early stages, but beyond that he's also partly the reason I started Fast Homebrew wink Do you have an example of a video where he's embarrassed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...