Coopers Community

Sorry lads, I'm out.

PhilboBaggins

Hi everyone.

Due to health and family reasons (among others) I am closing the brewery at the Shire.

This has been a long time coming, and was inevitable in the end. After making the decision this morning, within an hour the setup was gone, so apologies to anyone else who may have been keen for it.

I don't think this forum is the place for airing dirty laundry, so I'd just like to say that the past few years with you lot has been amazing, and even though I have only met a few of you in person, I consider you all to be good mates of mine. I'm not going cold turkey or anything like that, so if you're ballsy enough to come to Brahma Lodge then you are welcome to look me up for a beer. Just wear your stab-proof vest. lol

I don't know how long this break will last, but rest assured I will still keep posting and providing ill-informed and unsubstantiated advice to those who will listen.

Sorry to be a sook, but the friends I have made here have been far more fulfilling than most friendships I have in real life. It is with an incredibly heavy heart that I bow out.

Cheers and good brewing.

Phil

Hey Philbo, haven't been in the Brahma Lodge Hotel for a million years but they used to do an excellent snittie back in the day when I played indoor cricket on the other side of Main North Road. happy

All the best to you and yours biggrin

Whoa, P1. I have to admit this comes as a bit of a surprise, and a huge disappointment (which I'm genuinely hoping will only be temporary setback).

Without knowing, or needing to know, the intricacies of your situation, I can understand that sometimes life gives you lemons. And sometimes it would be nice if that was the worst life would dish out.

We have been fellow supporters and jokesters for a while now, and sometimes sparring partners with the best intentions and a healthy satirical & ironic approach. As everyone else has stated or implied, your assistance has been truly appreciated and very much valued to date. I really hope things turn out or evolve to the point where you are again an active participant and advisor. Remember, you are one of the major participants that has made this a true community.

Take care of yourself, your family and your circumstances; and deal with them as well as you can. If you ever feel out of your depth, never ever feel too proud or embarrassed to ask someone appropriate for assistance (it took me a very long time to learn that one).

Cheers mate

Phil

Hi Philbo.

I'm a little in shock actually. surprisedsad

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are/have been experiencing & only wish you well mate.

I really had no idea.

As hard as it may be, I hope you do stick around the forum to help other brewers & keep buggars like me in check! (I know you love doing that btw! lol)

Take care of yourself mate.

Anthony.

philbo,

im only new to the forum but your input has been extremely appreciated. even though i don't know you your post is concerning me a lot. if chatting to a stranger may help feel free to at lmcdougal@menardbachy.com.au.

i may be reading too much between the lines but if i am im glad.

cheers,

lindsey.

WTF????

i havnt logged in for a few months due to work load.. and the day i log in.. your logging out! not good man...

hopefully you keep brewing.. surely something you enjoyed so much...

hope to catch you for a beer again someday!

Craig

Hey Phil, this is the first time I've logged on for months, and this is the first thread i have readsad. I hope all is good mate and life is treating you well. I still make your kickarse curry recipe every now and then, so dont be scared to flick me another couple. love

Nick.

Archived