Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

On 3/29/2021 at 11:40 PM, Pale Man said:

This is Mannum 2021. About where we were sitting. John Stevens. Cracking singer. Better with Noise Works. INXS doesnt suit him.

I went last year. I thought Living End were brilliant.
Wow! Jon Stevens can still hit the big notes. And doing it live is a testament to his talent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Seen this lad once or twice live. He's hooked up with James Barnes daughter. 

I thought he was married to Jimmy's wife's sister i.e. he is Jimmy's brother-in-law, not son-in-law.

Anyway, he is one of my favourite singers and musician.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I thought he was married to Jimmy's wife's sister i.e. he is Jimmy's brother-in-law, not son-in-law.

Anyway, he is one of my favourite singers and musician.

You are correct, hirsute one. They are brothers-in-law. Married to sisters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Time to change it up right now. I have a photo with origanal signature from this boy

Slim was a legend, he set the benchmark for all of those who are super stars in Country today - too numerous to mention. I have seen him a couple of the times.

Attached for those who are interested Slim Dusty opened 'Rocky's Hall of Fame'. 

Rocky Page was a country singer from the Riverland & we used to have a beer with him at the Berri Hotel, when he died they opened a section in the front bar & called it 'Rocky's' Bar'.

Located opposite the Barmera Visitor Information Centre, this Country Music and District History Museum was established by the late Dean ‘Rocky’ Page (1928-1997), a travelling showman who spent much of his life entertaining Aussie crowds with his musical talents, together with a little theatrical hypnotism. Also dedicated to the many pioneers of the Berri Barmera District, the museum was officially opened by country music legend Slim Dusty on 10 June 1995.

A valuable collection of musical instruments and memorabilia depicting the life and times of country music icon Rocky Page, through print media, photos and comics. Discover the Big Guitar garden where country artists such as Slim Dusty, Casey Chambers, Smokey Dawson and many more have all left their handprint and signature as a memento of their visit. Bookings required by phone or email.

Presented by Berri Barmera Council

A-4259639-1583208712-7079.png.jpg

rocky1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I dunno how to link but it just occurred to me what is on my songlist right now is a lil ditty called,

"I Wish You Were A Beer"

by some fine, classically trained ladies from an arguably better decade....