Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

35 minutes ago, Stickers said:

time to mellow out after all those doof doof bangers. paul kelly's cover of little red corvette

Ha ha, was good to reminisce with GB. I like all sorts of music- electronic especially dnb, old school hip hop and rnb, funk etc. Growing up was always Stones, Clapton, Dylan, Chisel etc in my house. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Ha ha, was good to reminisce with GB. I like all sorts of music- electronic especially dnb, old school hip hop and rnb, funk etc. Growing up was always Stones, Clapton, Dylan, Chisel etc in my house. 

bomb the bass 😉

6 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Probably not McCartney's best work but when you have as many hits as he's had you can be excused the odd miss. A remarkable talent.

It is still a fun song though.

He has had quite a few misses, both solo and with Wings. But since Flaming Pie in 1997 he has been consistently good.

His most recent album is great; especially for a 78 year old playing all the instruments and producing it himself.

Even though I am a metal head, The Beatles are my favourite band.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hairy said:

It is still a fun song though.

He has had quite a few misses, both solo and with Wings. But since Flaming Pie in 1997 he has been consistently good.

His most recent album is great; especially for a 78 year old playing all the instruments and producing it himself.

Even though I am a metal head, The Beatles are my favourite band.

It's interesting you should mention he's 78, Hairy. Same age as my mum. I can't see my mum releasing any albums soon. Haha.
Having said that, age for musicians, as long as they still have their motor skills, will keep getting better from what I'm told ie. practise makes perfect. The problem lies with the recording industry. These great musicians are possibly at their best at ripe ages but their age is a stumbling block for the corporates who think a twerking arse is the key to sales. They might be right but they're also wrong.

• Like 2

So its drinking songs you want.  You may need to be a little bit Irish and little bit catholic and a little bit alcoholic (not an unlikely trifecta) to get all the lyrics but Christy Moore is the king of the drinking song...

and if you be wondering about the surfboard reference it goes back to this ad (1981) ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

the surfboard reference it goes back to this ad (1981) ...

Wow that is a festive blast from the past and what a great Ad haha!  Well done TJ!  Mmm maybe I should brew another Stout soon haha! 😆

Edited by Graubart