Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

This is what I'm listening to right now but on Saturday I'll be listening to Glenn Shorrock live for the first time at the Bridgeway in Adelaide. Better late than never I suppose. He's 76 now.
What a back catalogue of songs he's got. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

The constant and annoying note from my generator exhaust.

Just been told we will not be reconnected to power until late Thursday.  Bloody Hell!  I gotta get a bigger jerry can.

Got a fishing bait fridge/freezer right down the back shed, did not bother to connect it up to the generator, did not think we would be off the grid for so long. Going to be fun job cleaning that one out later.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Just been told we will not be reconnected to power until late Thursday.  Bloody Hell!  I gotta get a bigger jerry can.

Got a fishing bait fridge/freezer right down the back shed, did not bother to connect it up to the generator, did not think we would be off the grid for so long. Going to be fun job cleaning that one out later.

That's sounds really tough @iBooz2  I hope you guys pull through OK, I guess us city slickers tend to take things for granted, however I don't know where you are.

All the best with it anyway as long as you have got a cold beer. 🍻

Cheers

Phil

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 10:45 PM, MUZZY said:

This is what I'm listening to right now but on Saturday I'll be listening to Glenn Shorrock live for the first time at the Bridgeway in Adelaide. Better late than never I suppose. He's 76 now.
What a back catalogue of songs he's got. Really looking forward to it.

What a fantastic show it was. He's still a great singer even though his range is not what it used to be. His band were excellent also.

I've never seen so many gophers and Zimmer frames at a gig before. 🤣🤣

I struck up a conversation with a 24 year old lad and asked if he was a carer for someone attending. Surprisingly he wasn't. He was actually a fan. Good taste in music for one so young.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

Sorry to hear that Al, must be bad your way that they are unable to get you back online for so long.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

What a fantastic show it was. He's still a great singer even though his range is not what it used to be. His band were excellent also.

I struck up a conversation with a 24 year old lad and asked if he was a carer for someone attending. Surprisingly he wasn't. He was actually a fan. Good taste in music for one so young.

I am glad you enjoyed it Muzzy, the Bridgeway has always been a great place for gigs but it is the drive home that deters me, last time I went there I had to book a room. 🙃 Cheers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I am glad you enjoyed it Muzzy, the Bridgeway has always been a great place for gigs but it is the drive home that deters me, last time I went there I had to book a room. 🙃 Cheers.

It was only $31 for a cab home for us. I don't mind springing for a cab occasionally. I'm fortunate enough to have a wife who drives home on most outings. Last night she decided to have a few bevies. I could either abstain from beer or get a cab. The choice was a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

That's nuts, AL.  We got connected on Friday late afternoon, after I bought a geni that morning.  I think SP Ausnet took pity on us for when we were without power for a week a few years ago.

I do not envy you, with the task of cleaning out your bait fridge.  The sooner, the better, I reckon.

Hopefully you have got heating and they can get to you before Thursday.

• Thanks 1

@CLASSIC   @kmar92 @Shamus O'Sean

It is what it is, thanks guys.

SP AusNet has been focusing on the areas first and foremost where they have no power to telecom towers and the like in order to get peoples phones working again just in case they need to contact 000 in an emergency.  And rightly so, I do not have a problem with that because I am just 30km from CBD, basically a city slicker, have mobile reception albeit 1 bar plus I could probably hail down an ambo, police or fiery just like a taxi if I needed one of them as they pass here all the time.  Just hope the repairers don't run out of spare bits before they fix ours up.

Had to shorten my cold crash of two brews to take these two FV fridges off line to lighten the load on the generator, also juggling another FV fridge trying to hold it at 18 C (Windsor Yeast) but it slips back to about 15 C overnight when I switch the generator off.  Trying to be a good neighbour by not running it any earlier than 7am and no later than 10:30pm.  Probably wasting my good nature because I think most of my neighbours have moved to family/friends or gone into motels.

Someone with a home weather station around here reckoned they logged 200 km hour winds so it was pretty wild night.  Will see if I can get a copy of his wind chart record.

14 hours ago, MUZZY said:

A few years back a mate and I went to see Eric Burdon and the Animals as they were playing at the Palais theatre in St Kilda.  It was a bloody good night out.  Gee I miss going and seeing bands.

You could easily see that smoking was very trendy way back when that group were big as a lot of the old rocker fans had oxygen bottles as an accessory to their wheelie walkers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MUZZY said:

It was only $31 for a cab home for us. I don't mind springing for a cab occasionally. I'm fortunate enough to have a wife who drives home on most outings. Last night she decided to have a few bevies. I could either abstain from beer or get a cab. The choice was a no brainer.

And I bet you got a special cuddle when you got home, just for being such a thoughtful guy.😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

And I bet you got a special cuddle when you got home, just for being such a thoughtful guy.😉

I probably might have if I'd been in a reasonable condition to accept such cuddles, AL. I was as p155ed as 20 men. (Always consume alcohol responsibly, kids)

• 2 weeks later...

This clip is directed by the same guy (Chris Lofven) who directed the Summer of '81 and it also stars Ross Wilson only in the summer of 1971 ...

The Aussie Burger joint that they drive away from was opposite Luna Park in St Kilda.  It is still a burger joint only these days it is called MacDonalds.

The live footage (taken by Chris Lofven) is from the Myponga Open Air Festival in January 1971 where Daddy Cool played alongside Black Sabbath in front of 15,000 people.

It is worth noting that MTV did not begin until 1981, so Lofven and Wilson were ahead of their time.

• Like 4