Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is really nice, full flavoured, tropical fruit aromas & very drinkable. 

A six pack of 375ml only $19 at Dan' Murphy's.20240418_152653.thumb.jpg.d3565c374c055d7907db0ee64bb76376.jpg

Great beer. I reckon it use to be like $55 for a carton for 24 x 375ml when i first started getting into craft beer, great value.

• Like 2

It’s a miserable day and that asks for a suitable beer. Rich, silky smooth, very dark ruby colour, toasty with a hint of chocolate. Subdued but present bitterness and a good malty sweetness. Quite tasty 😀

IMG_0127.thumb.jpeg.13733c30f642a41f5df749813b6c3492.jpeg

• Like 6

Another miserable day beer. Dinner is slow cooking on the stove and I’m gonna soak in the bathtub enjoying some death metal, tasty beer and playing games on the iPad if I can stay awake long enough after this 10%er 😀

IMG_0128.thumb.jpeg.b14779eb826fe81ba33d6a3caaccf491.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

It’s a miserable day and that asks for a suitable beer. Rich, silky smooth, very dark ruby colour, toasty with a hint of chocolate. Subdued but present bitterness and a good malty sweetness. Quite tasty 😀

IMG_0127.thumb.jpeg.13733c30f642a41f5df749813b6c3492.jpeg

Yes, it’s very nice, had two last week 

• Like 1

I'm running out of my home brew - We'll have to up the production! For a supplementary beer I bought a cheepish six pack of Four Pines New World Pale Ale from BWS. On the box it says 'melon, citrus, crisp'. I'll agree with that; almost a touch piney as well. It is also quite hazy. It has a light clear mouthfeel and flavour and 4.2% ABV.  Quite nice.

20240421_165733[1].jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, jennyss said:

It's pink! What does the Lambic Kriek taste like please @stquinto?

It’s cherry beer so has a fairly sweet (cherry) taste. It is a lambic beer which makes it a bit sour, but in a pleasant way. Very refreshing, you wouldn’t want more than one or two at a time.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 6:41 AM, jennyss said:

It's pink! What does the Lambic Kriek taste like please @stquinto?

If you have a 1st Choice in Dubbo, have a look. They sometimes sell Lindemans Kriek in a 4pack. I quite like it but as @stquinto said, it's better to only have one or two. The stuff is fairly sweet. Usually low on alcohol though. 

• Like 2

@Aussiekraut We don't have a 1st Choice in Dubbo; but I googled Dan Murphy's and BWS and both seem to stock Boon or Timmerman's Kriek Lambic in cases of 24. Whether I can buy one singly I will have to find out. My taste buds want to experience the sweet and sour cherry flavour!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just the weather for this lovely stuff,  I hope the one I am kegging on Friday is almost as good. Yum & Yum.

20240424_164202.jpg

I always say I'm gonna brew a stout way before winter to age, never happens! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

It doesn’t matter when you brew it, you just have to hide some bottles. I still have some bottles of a 10 month old Stout left, and this dark, thick, syrupy Beast with its 9.6% is just too strong to be drunk too quickly. 8 month old and aging nicely like a good wine.

IMG_0886.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hilltop hops said:

I can honestly say the stouts I have made so far have been bloody awesome after even just two weeks, so there is zero chance they will still be around in 10 months!

I still got a couple of cans of Coopers Stout in the cupboard, and one already brewed in the bottle to get me through this winter, when it really kicks off.

• Like 2