Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

12 hours ago, jennyss said:

I am enjoying two (extract) homebrews at the moment:

A Coopers Pale Ale with BE2, 500g LDM and 50g of Galaxy hops added on day 10; and

A Coopers Brew A IPA with 1.5kg LDM, and 25g Galaxy and 25g Cluster added on day 8.

The Pale Ale is bright, light  and quite hoppy. The Brew A IPA is bitter, spicy, malty. Both yummy!

PS A while ago @DavidM you suggested I keep hold of my Coopers Amber Ale which I did not like and let it condition a bit more. Afraid it didn't do the trick for me. Still not on my favourites list!

Its not true unless photos are involved Jenny 😄

• Haha 4

I finished off a 10l keg of the Return of the Red IPA, then a first taste of Coopers Sparkling AG. Both lovely brews 👍

I didn’t put polyclar in the Coopers for some reason, it’s a month in the keg but not as clear as with the poly (unless it’s the wheat). 
Finally the last few from second batch of Botanical. Outstanding recipe! I’ve got another on the go although technically my son made it and will probably quaff most of it. It fermented a bit warmish at 25C as the fermentation fridge was full. Hopefully it’ll be ok

IMG_4370.jpeg

IMG_4369.jpeg

IMG_4379.jpeg

• Like 14

19 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

A pint of my AG chocolate oatmeal stout I really like this one and am happy to make this my go to stout from now on. 

20240908_162317.thumb.jpg.66348f1b2e03c2cd0ff8de3b61850c8a.jpg

Looks lovely BB, I can see why you'd want to return to this one. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Looks lovely BB, I can see why you'd want to return to this one. 

Thanks @Tricky Micky I've done about 3 stout AG brews and this one is creamy and has really nice chocolate and coffee notes so I'm not going to bother with experimenting any more I'm happy to stick with this one

• Like 4

On 9/8/2024 at 6:17 AM, stquinto said:

It fermented a bit warmish at 25C as the fermentation fridge was full. Hopefully it’ll be ok

Beautiful brews @stquinto Sainter : )

I suspect that 25 deg fella will be byordiful and you'll be wanting to do them all at that Temp  ; )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pezzza said:

Beautiful brews @stquinto Sainter : )

I suspect that 25 deg fella will be byordiful and you'll be wanting to do them all at that Temp  ; )

Cheers mate ! Winter's coming though...it'll be snowing at 1300m on Friday. Not that I live that high up , but on the bright side the brew room temp will be going down 😉

I've run out of COPA so that'll be the next brew, but I might need to get a cuppla more kegs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Oh no, my keg of REGENCY PARK RED ALE has just given up its last glass of delicious goodness 🥲, Now what ..

REGENCYPARKREDALE.thumb.jpg.dbaa06f36e43f5ee35857d77a404797e.jpg

Are yes, a noice change of pace on a wonderful spring day here in down town coastal heaven - now what could that be - arrh yes the perfect remedy - a CALI COAST IPA  Kegged on the 04th August, 24  - Num, num, num 😋

CALICOASTIPA.thumb.jpg.cba2e3e449add9421a3780d14fbcde05.jpg

My tasting notes:
After 7 days of conditioning first taste is good, clean, and very easy to drink
A pronounced taste of hops, not bitter at all, but not sickly sweet either.
An easy drinker that should go on high rotation !
Should definitely brew again
4.8/5
A very good brew !

Here comes summer -  WOOHOO - cold, clean lagers, IPA's and BBQ's  - YIPPEE 😎

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

On 9/7/2024 at 9:40 PM, Pale Man said:

Its not true unless photos are involved Jenny 😄

A few weeks ago I said that I was enjoying two (extract) homebrews at the moment: a Coopers Pale Ale with BE2, 500g LDM and 50g of Galaxy hops added on day 10; and a Coopers Brew A IPA with 1.5kg LDM, and 25g Galaxy and 25g Cluster added on day 8. The Pale Ale is bright, light  and quite hoppy. The Brew A IPA is bitter, spicy, malty. Both yummy! Here is the photo proof @Pale Man. The Pale Ale is on the left and the Brew A IPA is on the right. I am drinking the pale ale right now - It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

20240913_164310[1].jpg

Edited by jennyss
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I said that I was enjoying two (extract) homebrews at the moment: a Coopers Pale Ale with BE2, 500g LDM and 50g of Galaxy hops added on day 10; and a Coopers Brew A IPA with 1.5kg LDM, and 25g Galaxy and 25g Cluster added on day 8. The Pale Ale is bright, light  and quite hoppy. The Brew A IPA is bitter, spicy, malty. Both yummy! Here is the photo proof @Pale Man. The Pale Ale is on the left and the Brew A IPA is on the right. I am drinking the pale ale right now - It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

20240913_164310[1].jpg

Byordiful Byordiful @jennyss

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, jennyss said:

A few weeks ago I said that I was enjoying two (extract) homebrews at the moment: a Coopers Pale Ale with BE2, 500g LDM and 50g of Galaxy hops added on day 10; and a Coopers Brew A IPA with 1.5kg LDM, and 25g Galaxy and 25g Cluster added on day 8. The Pale Ale is bright, light  and quite hoppy. The Brew A IPA is bitter, spicy, malty. Both yummy! Here is the photo proof @Pale Man. The Pale Ale is on the left and the Brew A IPA is on the right. I am drinking the pale ale right now - It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

20240913_164310[1].jpg

Beautiful looking beers. Very tasty looking. I didn't doubt you for one second. Just wanted a pic of your beers. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 9/9/2024 at 8:28 PM, stquinto said:

Cheers mate ! Winter's coming though...it'll be snowing at 1300m on Friday. Not that I live that high up , but on the bright side the brew room temp will be going down 😉

I've run out of COPA so that'll be the next brew, but I might need to get a cuppla more kegs.

Plenty of COPA here !  I just got another three new kegs as I have been away from home base for a quite a while so no drinking here and the two 58 L Kegmenters need kegging up so they can go again.  One is dedicated to Lagers and the other COPA's and because I am now doing 54 L batches in each so need to have 3 MT kegs for each Kegmenter when it's ready transfer.

The 58 L SS Kegmenters are the way to go, they more than keep stocks up so brew days are less often.

Good luck with the winter, all of us here are pleased to pass it over to you lot in the Northern Hemisphere so enjoy the skiing season @stquinto.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Plenty of COPA here !  I just got another three new kegs as I have been away from home base for a quite a while so no drinking here and the two 58 L Kegmenters need kegging up so they can go again.  One is dedicated to Lagers and the other COPA's and because I am now doing 54 L batches in each so need to have 3 MT kegs for each Kegmenter when it's ready transfer.

The 58 L SS Kegmenters are the way to go, they more than keep stocks up so brew days are less often.

Good luck with the winter, all of us here are pleased to pass it over to you lot in the Northern Hemisphere so enjoy the skiing season @stquinto.

Just did an AG Copa based on your recipe in Brewfather. Even got a six pack with three weeks best after date to harvest some yeast for the first time. Unfortunately I drank it all, so I used Safale 04. Tomorrow it will be 6 days since I pitched the yeast, might take a sample and reading 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3