Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

Sneak preview of the newly kegged Coopers Draught, I am pleasantly surprised, it has carbed up nicely, I experimented by setting the psi at 30 for 2 days & then dropped it 20 just now, I will drop it to 10-12 in the morning. 

It tastes pretty good too, no noticeable greenness.

20240718_151120.thumb.jpg.256db8dee981f847fc75b0aa412b747d.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 13

53 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sneak preview of the newly kegged Coopers Draught 

Looks great Philby nice work ; )

Quiet quick question - Does the glass have a few underlying miscreant bubbles adhering to the base area that might indicate a continuous improvement opportunity - I find that Sodium Perc is very good to get that last bit of finesse on the clean glass front - though I suspect you are well ahead on all these different possibilities.

Nice work Phil and have a good weekend mate : )

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Looks great Philby nice work ; )

Quiet quick question - Does the glass have a few underlying miscreant bubbles adhering to the base area that might indicate a continuous improvement opportunity - I find that Sodium Perc is very good to get that last bit of finesse on the clean glass front - though I suspect you are well ahead on all these different possibilities.

Nice work Phil and have a good weekend mate : )

Mate it was a cold glass, usually a firm tap on the bar gets rid of bubbles and condensation,  here's the 2nd pour.

I understand your concern but my serving glasses undergo a strict cleaning regime.

All the best to you mate, don't forget the Airoguard. 🕷

20240718_152426.thumb.jpg.cb7fa83b011c2735ca6f6d9618604cc1.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/18/2024 at 3:49 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

It tastes pretty good too,

Looks the business

On 7/18/2024 at 4:49 PM, Pezzza said:

aka Thirsty night

Oh yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First pour of a Landlord clone. Too cold for this type of beer TBH, I think the coldness mutes the hops a bit. Maybe I should keep this as a winter brew and serve it at cellar temperature. That way I could serve it with the beer engine, if I ever get it set up.

IMG_3798.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

• Like 13

Drago Marino - The Kraken - Black IPA.  Click back through the links for the recipe.

• Aromas of citrus and tropical with no hints of chocolate, coffee or roastiness
  • Tropical flavours with oranges and chocolate
  • Reasonably well balanced bitterness and alcohol flavour - Does not seem bitter and there is no alcohol burn
  • Seems true to this unique style

As mentioned in my kegging notes, I could not smell this beer at kegging time due to getting over Covid, which ruined my sense of smell.  Now it smells very nice. almost one of the best dry hopped IPA's I have done.  Gonna call this at 8.5/10

IMG_4497.JPG.621c6547bad7138c4a287a52975bca08.JPG

• Like 14

Dark Mode Schwarzbier

Recipe of the Month awhile back, I did eight to have early and the rest with half-bottling sugar, this is the first of the half sugar.

Seven weeks in the bottle, a bit smoother than the early ones. A very nice Brew.

IMG_20240721_083119.thumb.jpg.d536e8a5e9c2c2fcde459a48cb68e047.jpg

After this Beer, I had another of the Draks I have and I must say I preferred the second one!

Nut Brown Ale

Both good brews but I know my personal favorite!

• Like 13

Finished the lawns, sun's out winds dropped as good a winter's day as it gets (in NSW).

21 litre/Coopers pale ale/.500gs WDME/ .300g crystal/ mangrove jack Bavarian wheat yeast,  3.8% midstrenght.  Is it a wheat beer? Is it a pale ale? Don't know but tastes great to me.

20240721_132755.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Herbal Alchemy. said:

Is it a wheat beer? Is it a pale ale?

That's an interesting question you ask there.

Pale Ale can have Wheat in it but not be considered a Wheat Beer.

I think, once you use Wheat Yeast, then it makes it a Wheat Beer.

But I was wondering what beer is it if you use a Wheat Yeast, but do not have any Wheat in the fermentables?  Would you even do that?

By the way, what a great looking beer.  I love the glass too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

all ROTM

I noticed that the last two ROTM's sold out very quickly. The ROTM's seem to very popular. Good value and good brews I think.  I wonder how many of each one are available?

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 4:21 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

But I was wondering what beer is it if you use a Wheat Yeast, but do not have any Wheat in the fermentables?  Would you even do that?

Hey there Shamus : )

AFAIK the Barley Malt Beer brewed at Ale Temps with a Weissbier Yeast exists as a style and is known as Dampfbier:

Below Inf pinched from American HBrewers who described it nicely.  And ol mate there had a recipe too...

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=2736.0

I have brewed something like that before - splitting a Barley Wort into two separate vessels and two different yeasts... I reckon that the Barley Malt Weissbier Yeast brew to me tasted more like Weissbier than other Ale... was quite nice...  Yeast is King! 😉

I think that the opposite - a Wheat Rich Wort - with an Ale Yeast is nice too ; )

Dampfbier (literally: steam beer) is a centuries-old style from the region of the Bavarian Forest, the southeastern portion of Bavaria, near the Czech border. It is an all-barley ale, usually deep golden to light amber in color, with a unique feature: It is warm-fermented with Weissbier yeast at a temperature above 70°F (21°C), which gives the beer a sligh]tly phenolic aftertaste. Brewed mostly in the summer, it is medium-bodied, very mildly hopped, and low in effervescence.

Another interesting thing is San Fran Anchor Steam -- famous Yankee "Steam Bier" - but am not certain as to what yeast they use...  believe a warmer ish ferment.... and just having had a quick look - they do use some Wheat Malt... so might be another lovely variant yet again...

https://www.anchorbrewing.com/our-beer/anchor-steam/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Back Brewing said:

Looks good yours and @Pezzza photos look a work of art well done to the both of you

I feel like I should be worshipping that beer 🙏🤣

Edited by RDT2
  • Haha 5