Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

12 hours ago, Kegory said:

Yeah, I like the potential to do split brews. I'm not planning any at the moment but I'm sure I will at some stage.

I was thinking you could just pour the wort from the big fermenter into the smaller fermenter rather than trying to measure the goop into halves. That probably wouldn't be practical for bittering hops but for late and dry hoping, and trying different yeasts is there any reason that wouldn't be practical?

That's what I do when splitting a batch.  A lot easier than trying to measure out of the can of concentrate.

If you plan well, you can also do whatever you want with bittering, steeping or dry hopping.  The same with any addition really.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That's what I do when splitting a batch.  A lot easier than trying to measure out of the can of concentrate.

If you plan well, you can also do whatever you want with bittering, steeping or dry hopping.  The same with any addition really.

Cheers. I was thinking about that afterwards. If I'm understanding it right, you could do the bittering just in a litre or two of water with some LME to get the desired IBUs (with a bit of planning). The later additions seem pretty straight forward.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Plus when you transfer to the second fermenter you get the aeration before you pitch the yeast

Now that's something to think about. Should I then do a wort concoction to make sure both halves are evenly aerated or should I do an exbeeriment on the effects of different levels of aeration?

Probably both, I reckon. The possibilities just keep on multiplying.

7 hours ago, Kegory said:

If I'm understanding it right, you could do the bittering just in a litre or two of water with some LME to get the desired IBUs (with a bit of planning).

Yes, that would work.  Just be aware that a smaller boil volume converts less IBU's.  The IanH spreadsheet uses the Hop Concentration Factor to allow for that variable.

• Thanks 2

Been 4 months in the keg - Coopers Aussie Pale Ale extract. Dry hopped with POR.

Looks a bit sad as I've just run out of gas, enough fizz in the drink but absolutely zero head. As to be expected at 4 months there's not much hop flavour hangin' about. still a pleasant drop.

363789990_977508696874298_7034467943112345781_n.jpg

• Like 12

Lager V2

1 x Coopers Original Lager 1.7kg
1 x Mangrove Jacks Light Liquid Malt Extract 1.5 kg
1 x 200g Carapils
1 x 11g of Lallemand Novalager yeast
1 x 80g El Dorado hop

23.5L

7 days in the FV, 21 days aging so far so only fresh and green. I am surprised how clear it is already, just having a taste test to see what’s on the horizon. Good news is it’s fair sailing! Slightly malty, floral character, slight fruitiness from the El Dorado. The rest of these are currently sitting in a fridge for a couple months till it gets a little warmer.

The exbeeriment with V2.0 is currently a success! 😊

Note to self, figure out better lighting and background for better photos.

IMG_4109.jpeg

IMG_4110.jpeg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

Lager V2

1 x Coopers Original Lager 1.7kg
1 x Mangrove Jacks Light Liquid Malt Extract 1.5 kg
1 x 200g Carapils
1 x 11g of Lallemand Novalager yeast
1 x 80g El Dorado hop

23.5L

7 days in the FV, 21 days aging so far so only fresh and green. I am surprised how clear it is already, just having a taste test to see what’s on the horizon. Good news is it’s fair sailing! Slightly malty, floral character, slight fruitiness from the El Dorado. The rest of these are currently sitting in a fridge for a couple months till it gets a little warmer.

The exbeeriment with V2.0 is currently a success! 😊

Note to self, figure out better lighting and background for better photos.

IMG_4109.jpeg

IMG_4110.jpeg

That's a fine looking Brew

Well Done

(I struggle to get good photos of a Brew, usually too busy drinking it!)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

figure out better lighting and background for better photos.

Me too! Please can some of our clever camera coopers community members hop in and give us some photo tips? Maybe start a new thread? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Me too! Please can some of our clever camera coopers community members hop in and give us some photo tips? Maybe start a new thread? 

I can help with that. I spent many years doing my own photography & graphics while working for myself travelling all over Australia.

Watch out for the new thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I can help with that. I spent many years doing my own photography & graphics while working for myself travelling all over Australia.

Watch out for the new thread.

What’s this for a shot. My better half’s skill. The Beer was good tooIMG_1012.thumb.png.7231a6e29b8e5b9744bc1271053b61c6.png

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

What’s this for a shot. My better half’s skill. The Beer was good tooIMG_1012.thumb.png.7231a6e29b8e5b9744bc1271053b61c6.png

That's fine to me, but of course it depends on what you wanted to achieve, the ship in the background offers more interest but you could have blurred the background to highlight the beer or use the Photo room app to totally remove the background.

• Like 1

Go Matilda’s, great result, great homebrews. Coopers ROTM “The Dark Monk”. Another ROTM “Tzar’sTar”, getting darker with age and having the most beautiful coffee aroma without any coffee in the recipe. Finally made it into the dungeon yesterday for further aging. And lastly “Fritz’s Extra Stout”. Comparator the Southwark I really prefer my homebrew. Most beautiful flavour of burnt toffee 

IMG_7488.jpeg

IMG_7490.thumb.jpeg.e4fef1f2663c013c543021594ef187a5.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7495.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Go Matilda’s, great result, great homebrews. Coopers ROTM “The Dark Monk”. Another ROTM “Tzar’sTar”, getting darker with age and having the most beautiful coffee aroma without any coffee in the recipe. Finally made it into the dungeon yesterday for further aging. And lastly “Fritz’s Extra Stout”. Comparator the Southwark I really prefer my homebrew. Most beautiful flavour of burnt toffee 

IMG_7488.jpeg

IMG_7490.thumb.jpeg.e4fef1f2663c013c543021594ef187a5.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7495.jpeg

Great bottle

• Thanks 1