Coopers Community

Wee session

Pints

4 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Have u guys ever sessioned on a non session able beer 🤭 old pints is knee deep in a HB and commercial Stout session. Wife working late. Kids on the telly 🤣🍻

I guess the difference is being single is I can start out having a non session & if it turns into a session it doesn't matter. of course it doesn't matter what the beer is either. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Have u guys ever sessioned on a non session able beer 🤭 old pints is knee deep in a HB and commercial Stout session. Wife working late. Kids on the telly 🤣🍻

I take it the "wee" session comes after consuming the beers 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

I sure the wife wasn't happy when she arrived home!

Always stay off the heavy's, till last, for a night cap.

Hope all is good there, young Man..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Muzzman,

I recall you were brewing a Woolies Lager with just Dextrose as an experiment, any news on the results ?

Thanks for asking, Phil.
So I did the WW Lager with 1kg dex and the kit yeast and I couldn't help myself but add a hot steep of 30g PoR hops with the mix - the WWL is fairly light on flavour.
I made it to 24 litres to fill 3 x 8 litre kegs so it's ABV came in at 4.2%. I gave it 12 days in the FV.  Kegged it on 23/7 and drank a few on 26/7. It definitely needed more time on the CO2. Two to three days at 20psi wasn't anywhere near enough so it was a little flat. However it isn't a bad beer. Definitely not an award winner but totally drinkable. Had my son and my daughter's BF try it last night even though it was still a little flat. They didn't complain and the BF had more than one.
If money ever became a major issue I'd happily drink this cheap beer without hesitation. I think the tin was $7.55, dex $4 or $4.50 and the hops under $2. So a total of around $14 for the equivalent of 64 stubbies. Cha-Chinnnng!!💰
Next experiment will be a WWL toucan.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks for asking, Phil.
So I did the WW Lager with 1kg dex and the kit yeast and I couldn't help myself but add a hot steep of 30g PoR hops with the mix - the WWL is fairly light on flavour.
I made it to 24 litres to fill 3 x 8 litre kegs so it's ABV came in at 4.2%. I gave it 12 days in the FV.  Kegged it on 23/7 and drank a few on 26/7. It definitely needed more time on the CO2. Two to three days at 20psi wasn't anywhere near enough so it was a little flat. However it isn't a bad beer. Definitely not an award winner but totally drinkable. Had my son and my daughter's BF try it last night even though it was still a little flat. They didn't complain and the BF had more than one.
If money ever became a major issue I'd happily drink this cheap beer without hesitation. I think the tin was $7.55, dex $4 or $4.50 and the hops under $2. So a total of around $14 for the equivalent of 64 stubbies. Cha-Chinnnng!!💰
Next experiment will be a WWL toucan.

Fair enough, as least you got to drink it.

Yeah the Toucan will give you more body, I have never tried a Woolworths brew so I cannot pass judgement, I suppose we always classify any Woolies/Coles brands as home brands !!

I must admit I have bought a few Brigalow & Morgan's brands over the years & haven't found them as good as Coopers.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

You haven't had a real session unless you've had a session on Barley Wine or an RIS. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Cheers for the reply gents. Needless to say feeling a bit under the weather haha. Damn strong stout😂.  2 pics from yesterday

You young blokes don't know how to drink, it takes a lot of practice 🤭 Nothing to be proud of but I reckon I can handle a heavy session better now than 40 years ago, just ask Hoppy 🤣

Seriously the only time I get crook is when I start mixing wines & if I am foolish enough to add spirits & fortified's in the mix. Beer no problems, pop over one day & I will show you how it's done. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You young blokes don't know how to drink, it takes a lot of practice 🤭 Nothing to be proud of but I reckon I can handle a heavy session better now than 40 years ago, just ask Hoppy 🤣

Seriously the only time I get crook is when I start mixing wines & if I am foolish enough to add spirits & fortified's in the mix. Beer no problems, pop over one day & I will show you how it's done. 🍻

Yeah yeah old mate 🤣 no im sure your liver is seasoned and accustomed to beer over the years. You've prob been doing it for as long as ive been alive, probably longer. 

I do find my tolerance has increased a lot since my 20s. Im only in my 30s now though and of course put on a bit of weight too.  Im usually good with beers and can keep going, but that damn 6% stout is just too tasty 🤭🍻🤫

Anyway, id love to have a session with you or any of the fine blokes who have commented on this thread. Cheers

Edited by PintsMeLocal
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Yeah yeah old mate 🤣 no im sure your liver is seasoned and accustomed to beer over the years. You've prob been doing it for as long as ive been alive, probably longer. 

I do find my tolerance has increased a lot since my 20s. Im only in my 30s now though and of course put on a bit of weight too.  Im usually good with beers and can keep going, but that damn 6% stout is just too tasty 🤭🍻🤫

Anyway, id love to have a session with you or any of the fine blokes who have commented on this thread. Cheers

Cheers, all good @interceptor is going to laugh at you because he would put your Stout on his Cornflakes, his Stouts will give you wings. 🐦

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Does my 11% Triple IPA count?

Holy Craperoony. How do you brew something like that in a "normal" system? Small batch? I made a barley wine once in my kits 'n' bits days but I don't think I've gone above 6 doing AG. You have sent my brain into overdrive now, trying to figure out a way to mash lots of grain with as little water as possible and all. 🤪

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, Aussiekraut said:

Holy Craperoony. How do you brew something like that in a "normal" system? Small batch? I made a barley wine once in my kits 'n' bits days but I don't think I've gone above 6 doing AG. You have sent my brain into overdrive now, trying to figure out a way to mash lots of grain with as little water as possible and all. 🤪

Reiterated mash as IC said.  See Fruit Bomb Triple IPA for details.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Yeah cornflakes go in the mash! 

Who eats Cornflakes ? I don't because I find them boring & far too sweet & even if I did I wouldn't add sugar or milk.

The only cereal I eat is Fruit & nut Muesli with Yogurt but I haven't had it for years.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=2d5ec1eab0f09d86128c0bb25aedd243d8747d67387cfec238e75fa5d4ae4e25JmltdHM9MTY1OTM5MjI1MiZpZ3VpZD03YTJlNTAxNi1jMzZhLTRhZGItOWRlNi0xYjBkNjJmZWQ2NmUmaW5zaWQ9NTIyNQ&ptn=3&fclid=bcaf1c38-11e7-11ed-92f7-987e37878e37&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9kb2N0b3IubmR0di5jb20vbGl2aW5nLWhlYWx0aHkvYXJlLWNvcm5mbGFrZXMtcmVhbGx5LWdvb2QtZm9yLXlvdXItaGVhbHRoLTE4OTkyNTQ&ntb=1

• Like 1