Coopers Community

Early Morning Walk

Classic Brewing Co

On 3/26/2023 at 1:58 PM, Tricky Micky said:

Paradise - just a touch a touch of paradise.

Great song, Mick. A huge hit for John Farnham. It wasn't until a few years ago when I saw Mondo Rock live that I found out it was one of their originals and Farnham covered it.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Malter White said:

Great song, Mick. A huge hit for John Farnham. It wasn't until a few years ago when I saw Mondo Rock live that I found out it was one of their originals and Farnham covered it.

Isn't it just! Ross Wilson prolific song writer. This is one of his best IMHO. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jennyss said:

But a very impressive skyline with a mixture of old and new.

thanks, i really like this block of melbourne. there's still so much of the old town left in this section and the newer buildings have a lot more soul to them than some of the things that have been built in the past 20 years around town.

• Like 2

Not quite an early morning walk, more like a late morning walk.

Kewarra Beach looking North to Clifton Beach and Palm Cove, Double Island just off the coast.  Sky a bit dull and overcast so the coral sea does not look like it does in travel brochures as it reflects the sky colour.  ha ha.

Kewarra Beach Looking North.png

Kewarra Beach looking South to Trinity Beach and 20 km further on - Cairns.

Kewarra Beach Looking South.png

Kewarra Beach SLSC sign.  @stquinto the water temp is fine so if you are brave enough you could take a dip.  May not come out alive but!

Kewarra Beach Sign.png

Kewarra Beach Croc Sign.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Not quite an early morning walk, more like a late morning walk.

Kewarra Beach looking North to Clifton Beach and Palm Cove, Double Island just off the coast.  Sky a bit dull and overcast so the coral sea does not look like it does in travel brochures as it reflects the sky colour.  ha ha.

Kewarra Beach Looking North.png

Kewarra Beach looking South to Trinity Beach and 20 km further on - Cairns.

Kewarra Beach Looking South.png

Kewarra Beach SLSC sign.  @stquinto the water temp is fine so if you are brave enough you could take a dip.  May not come out alive but!

Kewarra Beach Sign.png

Kewarra Beach Croc Sign.png

🐊

• Haha 1

We have all seen those weather rocks, weather ropes etc.  for example. 

If the rock is wet - it is raining.  If the rock is dry - it is not raining.  If the rock is rolling along the ground - it is very windy.

Same goes for those weather ropes we see about tourist places.

If the rope is wet - it is raining.  If the rope is being blown to one side - it is windy.

Well this rope swing on Mission Beach shows that the early dry season South Easterly is blowing at about two knots.  How can I tell?

BTW Dunk Island in the background and I bet @beach_life has swung & swooned his darling on this part of the beach.

Mission Beach Swing.png

Mission Beach on Monday 8May2023.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Kewarra Beach on a bright sunny day, just to compare previous Coral Sea pics.  Unfortunately Cyclone YASI took out the photogenic Instagram leaning palm tree in the foreground and it's long gone.  It was a favorite spot to sit, unwind, relax and take it all in after either a 3.5 hour flight or a 4 day road trip to get to this place from my home.

Kewarra Beach 1.PNG

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

We have all seen those weather rocks, weather ropes etc.  for example. 

If the rock is wet - it is raining.  If the rock is dry - it is not raining.  If the rock is rolling along the ground - it is very windy.

Same goes for those weather ropes we see about tourist places.

If the rope is wet - it is raining.  If the rope is being blown to one side - it is windy.

Well this rope swing on Mission Beach shows that the early dry season South Easterly is blowing at about two knots.  How can I tell?

BTW Dunk Island in the background and I bet @beach_life has swung & swooned his darling on this part of the beach.

Mission Beach Swing.png

Mission Beach on Monday 8May2023.png

If the rope is horizontal there's a cyclone.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Yesterday mornings sunset in the Riverland after finishing a night shift. 

20230512_063001.jpg

Great shot HH, I was born in the Riverland (Berri) & judging by the width of the river, I would say it could be Renmark, but there are so many other places similar it's hard to know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Great shot HH, I was born in the Riverland (Berri) & judging by the width of the river, I would say it could be Renmark, but there are so many other places similar it's hard to know.

You'd be right its Renmark! Home for the next 15 weeks. 

• Like 2