Jump to content
Coopers Community

Early Morning Walk


Classic Brewing Co

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just got back from a walk in my front & back yards, beautiful this time of the morning, I may do it again later as it makes you powerful thirsty¬†ūü§§

This is my front yard & then around the back.

252996989_Pat1.thumb.jpg.d8a9e47a16a29b33d6e42f1e5b7b8f38.jpg

Pat 2.jpg

Pat 3.jpg

It's a hard life Phil...¬†ūüėā

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, stquinto said:

It's a hard life Phil...¬†ūüėā

 

El Stqinto at my stage in life I think I deserve it, I have worked for myself most of my life right up past retirement age ( I won't tell you how much past ) but when this place came available I had to have it as I have always lived in the area & the beach is a place I want to be. Having said that I am thankful that I was able to & I realise others wouldn't find it so much a big deal, I am also in the direct - I mean direct flight path of the Adelaide Airport & I can see the chocks still going up as the A380 AirBuses as they pass overhead from my garden, as small price to pay for a picturesque back yard.

Cheers

Phil

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

El Stqinto at my stage in life I think I deserve it, I have worked for myself most of my life right up past retirement age ( I won't tell you how much past ) but when this place came available I had to have it as I have always lived in the area & the beach is a place I want to be. Having said that I am thankful that I was able to & I realise others wouldn't find it so much a big deal, I am also in the direct - I mean direct flight path of the Adelaide Airport & I can see the chocks still going up as the A380 AirBuses as they pass overhead from my garden, as small price to pay for a picturesque back yard.

Cheers

Phil

Good for you Phil, I'm pleased for you¬†ūüĎć

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

El Stqinto at my stage in life I think I deserve it, I have worked for myself most of my life right up past retirement age ( I won't tell you how much past ) but when this place came available I had to have it as I have always lived in the area & the beach is a place I want to be. Having said that I am thankful that I was able to & I realise others wouldn't find it so much a big deal, I am also in the direct - I mean direct flight path of the Adelaide Airport & I can see the chocks still going up as the A380 AirBuses as they pass overhead from my garden, as small price to pay for a picturesque back yard.

Cheers

Phil

 

Awesome

Having this place that is yours that you love - and a well deserved enjoyment then, mate¬†ūüćĽ

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Very underrated. Can hear the ocean from my decking too

Yes it is a great sound I can hear the surf pounding, seagulls flying over ( & planes ) not to mention all of the little honeys in their bikini's¬†ūüėõ¬†but I don't take any notice of them.

The sea breeze is also a blessing in the late afternoon, I have only used a ceiling fan a few times during our hot spell as it is also much cooler down here.¬†ūüŹĖÔłŹ

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Sorry for the partial thread hijack, was just joining with appreciating the seaside lifestyle.
@iBooz2 is considering it too but like Melbourne???? WTF????

Sorry? No your're not. ha ha...  Just applying some pressure to me.

I have one just near here (pic) I can move into come July.  Pic is looking North to Clifton Beach and Palm Cove.

Kewarra Beach 1.PNG

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, disgruntled said:

PXL_20211013_215633737.thumb.jpg.911dad0d5373f37f090b6c9c35ae3f84.jpg

Bicton Hill lookout.  We nearly bought a block in Unsworth Drive at Narragon Beach (beach in foreground) right at the bottom of that hill, it was in the clearing you can see just above the trees bottom left hand corner of pic.  My builder son scoped it out and it dropped away too steep to a creek 5 - 7 M so unsuitable for what I need and it would cost a bomb to build on so we passed on it.  New block we are scoping out is further up the pic near Kennedy headland you can see in the distance opposite Dunk Island there.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Sorry? No your're not. ha ha...  Just applying some pressure to me.

I have one just near here (pic) I can move into come July.  Pic is looking North to Clifton Beach and Palm Cove.

Kewarra Beach 1.PNG

I've never been that far north, @iBooz2, but I know that beach. A mate of mine runs Amaroo at Trinity resort. He's always posting photos of the local beaches to encourage people to come visit. It sure looks beautiful.

And I know Phil's¬†@Classic Brewing Co¬†lovely beach well also. I drove hundreds of buses along Patawalonga Frontage over the years. It is a great spot but I used to find myself apologising and explaining to tourists the local water spots sometimes give off an eggy smell, in case they thought I'd farted. ūü§£

I really love watching the ocean but the sand puts me off wanting to live by the beach (not to mention the cost). I'm closer to the hills and have this place a 4 minute walk from my front door - Thorndon Park. We're rather fortunate I think.

Screenshot_2022-01-30-07-40-10-47.jpg
I have a bit of an emotional attachment to this place. Not just because I've lived here for 24 years. This reservoir was Adelaide's first stored water supply in the mid 19th century after the settlement grew and the Torrens River became polluted. It's been a recreational park for a century or more after more reservoirs were built around Adelaide.
As is often the case with Liberal governments they tried selling the land in the early 2000s to add some black ink to the state's budget. I started a petition to save the park and the local Labor candidate jumped aboard the lobby. She won the very safe Liberal seat on the promise of saving the park. The Labor govt won the election and redeveloped the park and lake. They did sell some of the neighbouring land that wasn't being utilised to fund the project. It really is a great asset to the area and I'm proud to say I played a part in it's survival.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I've never been that far north, @iBooz2, but I know that beach. A mate of mine runs Amaroo at Trinity resort. He's always posting photos of the local beaches to encourage people to come visit. It sure looks beautiful.

And I know Phil's¬†@Classic Brewing Co¬†lovely beach well also. I drove hundreds of buses along Patawalonga Frontage over the years. It is a great spot but I used to find myself apologising and explaining to tourists the local water spots sometimes give off an eggy smell, in case they thought I'd farted. ūü§£

I really love watching the ocean but the sand puts me off wanting to live by the beach (not to mention the cost). I'm closer to the hills and have this place a 4 minute walk from my front door - Thorndon Park. We're rather fortunate I think.

Screenshot_2022-01-30-07-40-10-47.jpg
I have a bit of an emotional attachment to this place. Not just because I've lived here for 24 years. This reservoir was Adelaide's first stored water supply in the mid 19th century after the settlement grew and the Torrens River became polluted. It's been a recreational park for a century or more after more reservoirs were built around Adelaide.
As is often the case with Liberal governments they tried selling the land in the early 2000s to add some black ink to the state's budget. I started a petition to save the park and the local Labor candidate jumped aboard the lobby. She won the very safe Liberal seat on the promise of saving the park. The Labor govt won the election and redeveloped the park and lake. They did sell some of the neighbouring land that wasn't being utilised to fund the project. It really is a great asset to the area and I'm proud to say I played a part in it's survival.

Onya Muzzy, well done, have the rest of the day off !!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I've never been that far north, @iBooz2, but I know that beach. A mate of mine runs Amaroo at Trinity resort. He's always posting photos of the local beaches to encourage people to come visit.

Thorndon Park. We're rather fortunate I think.

Screenshot_2022-01-30-07-40-10-47.jpg
I have a bit of an emotional attachment to this place. Not just because I've lived here for 24 years. This reservoir was Adelaide's first stored water supply in the mid 19th century after the settlement grew and the Torrens River became polluted. It's been a recreational park for a century or more after more reservoirs were built around Adelaide.
As is often the case with Liberal governments they tried selling the land in the early 2000s to add some black ink to the state's budget. I started a petition to save the park and the local Labor candidate jumped aboard the lobby. She won the very safe Liberal seat on the promise of saving the park. The Labor govt won the election and redeveloped the park and lake. They did sell some of the neighbouring land that wasn't being utilised to fund the project. It really is a great asset to the area and I'm proud to say I played a part in it's survival.

Yep Muzz we sure are fortunate indeed, very fortunate to live in a wonderful country and each state has its own beauty.  You have done well making a difference to your part of the world well done.  I have no claim to fame like yours plus you actually live just up the road from Paradise ha ha. 

That beach in my pic is the next one North of Trinity Beach called Kerwarra Beach.  That palm tree is no longer there, it got removed in a recent cyclone.

I too love Adelaide and been there many times but never lived there.  My forebears came out to Adelaide from Ireland on the same Barque sail ship as the Bagots when Adelaide was pretty much a tent town and established themselves there.  The Bagots went on to discover copper at Kapunda and hence made themselves and SA very rich.  My forebears got involved with cattle coming in to the Onkaparinga river holding area from the Overlander's cattle drives that came down the Murray from Murrumbidgee NSW.  They slowly moved up the Murray and camped where / founded the township of Renmark.  They made their living shooting wild bulls that got away from the Ovelander's drives and probably some duffing as a sideline ha ha.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Classic Brewing Co, Good thread Phil, love reading and seeing other peoples favourite spots / walk tracks / hikes / bike rides and the interesting stories.  I can mentally escape for a little while and virtually visit them and some bring back memories if I have actually been there and done that if you know what I mean.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@iBooz2 That's a pretty cool family history, mate.
While I'm proud of the part I played in keeping Thorndon Park public, it was other more active people that did the hard work. I was probably a sort of catalyst for the issue. By starting the petition and leaving a copy at a busy local supermarket  -Thank you Drakes- I was then contacted by Peter Caldicott, a Channel 7 journo. What was basically a very short community interest story on the evening news soon became a political issue as a state election was looming. Fortunate timing on my part, I guess.
From there the local Labor candidate found she could gain some mileage out of the issue and away she went. The area I live has been in Liberal hands for decades. This particular election (2006) it went to Labor and prior to that Labor hadn't won it since the early 1970s. It went back to Liberal at the next election 2010 and has remained that way.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...