Coopers Community

Early Morning Walk

Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

@Classic Brewing Co, Good thread Phil, love reading and seeing other peoples favourite spots / walk tracks / hikes / bike rides and the interesting stories.  I can mentally escape for a little while and virtually visit them and some bring back memories if I have actually been there and done that if you know what I mean.

Cheers Al, I know what you mean it is interesting seeing different peoples other interests, surroundings, hobbies etc, some of the places mentioned I have been to at some stage in all my years as a travelling salesman.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I drove hundreds of buses along Patawalonga Frontage over the years. It is a great spot but I used to find myself apologising and explaining to tourists the local water spots sometimes give off an eggy smell, in case they thought I'd farted. 🤣

I was on that bus nobody believed you.😜

• Haha 7

50 minutes ago, stquinto said:

You've got nothing on me fellas. This is a two minute walk for me. Here are my lovely legs tanning in the sunshine

beach.thumb.jpg.602ce617203919ea4a963ef62473539e.jpg

I tried to add my "legs" to this - was gunna "bring" an esky of cold ones to this paradise you found! 😄

Unfortunately my legs looked like mutated buttocks so I deleted the pic

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Cee said:

I tried to add my "legs" to this - was gunna "bring" an esky of cold ones to this paradise you found! 😄

Unfortunately my legs looked like mutated buttocks so I deleted the pic

Ha ha ! Been a while since they graced the catwalk, eh ? Wouldn't want to frighten the horses.... 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Ha ha ! Been a while since they graced the catwalk, eh ? Wouldn't want to frighten the horses.... 

Oh well...

Mutated buttocks or not... 

I brought the esky, have a cold one, mate!

xx 20220201_015359.jpg

• Haha 4

On the way to the beach for an early morning walk I decided to check out the Neuron e-scooters that have appeared on some of our beaches, you have to download the app, pay for it, plan a route & then it can be unlocked with your mobile device & left at the end of your destination within a certain zone, if someone tries to take it out of the zone they shut down but they have already got your details anyway.

20220208_074647.thumb.jpg.e24bac76ec014a30b2e42d38cee829ac.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

I'm gonna walk up to the pub in a few hours for the local home brewer meetup, does that count?

I think you & I know it doesn't old chap but good try anyway 🙄 mind you there is nothing wrong with walking to the pub either.

Get out of bed in the morning a go for a walk !! Does you good. 🚶‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/29/2022 at 1:27 PM, disgruntled said:

With an overview from a hill walk

Wow @disgruntled what is that general location? Somewhere near Cairns?

Truly magnificent mate!

Mmm kept reading and @iBooz2 Boozer suggested somewhere near a Bicton Hill... in the vague vicinity of Misison Beach?

I guess that is why the Victorians ran around with number plates on their cars with the motto "On the Move" maybe?

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Rural/remote areas are very scenic, they make for good photography.  

Last night's sundown was like something I have never really experienced - I suspect there was quite a lot of really fine water droplets floating around in the air - and the whole place was lit up in this amazing warm orange glow - fading into beautiful bluey tinge - my dodgy ol' Iphone could not do justice to it - would need a real camera n tripoddler.  It just got more intense as the experience drew on... truly amazing and the below gives you an indication - but the light and warm glow going on and the amazing blues further up in the sky, just could not capture it sadly except in my memory 🙂

image.thumb.png.21da4c5bdbec4f1f9efa20e641374912.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Last night's sundown was like something I have never really experienced - I suspect there was quite a lot of really fine water droplets floating around in the air - and the whole place was lit up in this amazing warm orange glow - fading into beautiful bluey tinge - my dodgy ol' Iphone could not do justice to it - would need a real camera n tripoddler.  It just got more intense as the experience drew on... truly amazing and the below gives you an indication - but the light and warm glow going on and the amazing blues further up in the sky, just could not capture it sadly except in my memory 🙂

image.thumb.png.21da4c5bdbec4f1f9efa20e641374912.png

Still looks pretty good mate, we get the picture, pardon the pun 🤣

• Haha 1