Coopers Community

Early Morning Walk

Classic Brewing Co

4 hours ago, Malter White said:

Actually the road toll has gone down if you look at the statistics. In 1970 before compulsory wearing of seat belts and serious drink driving laws were introduced the road toll was something like 30 lives lost in every 100,000 of population. It has gradually declined over the years to around 5, even though people are still finding new ways to kill themselves on the road eg. using electronic devices or illicit drugs whilst driving.

Yeah, I didn't check any official figures but mainly meant we see road deaths on the Telly everyday usually to do with speed/booze/drugs/un-due care & of course genuine accidents. We all criticise the breathalyser's/speed cameras etc but without them it would be worse. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Wow BS beautiful spot, great photos too, looks like a really nice area.

Yeah, the suburb I live in is surrounded by native bush like this.  And 10-12 minutes walk down the road and I'm at the beach, with similar bush tracks linking to neighbouring bays.  It is however extremely hilly round here so every walk/run ends up being a significant workout!  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Yeah, the suburb I live in is surrounded by native bush like this.  And 10-12 minutes walk down the road and I'm at the beach, with similar bush tracks linking to neighbouring bays.  It is however extremely hilly round here so every walk/run ends up being a significant workout!  

You're lucky, I live near the beach too, a few minutes & I can see this, great for walks !!

20220930_094015.thumb.jpg.c04395bff993d5537f83d7004c5e9d8b.jpg20220313_102751.thumb.jpg.3c13ca0db2921378cc66b07cbaf6c775.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Malter White said:

We had a storm yesterday and lost power. Still waiting for restoration. So I went to bed early due to no internet, TV, lights etc. Woke up at 3am and went for a walk. Took this snap of my front garden.

Screenshot_2022-11-13-09-27-26-33.jpg

Lucky you didn't trip over!

It was a good storm, lot's of Water..

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Malter White said:

We had a storm yesterday and lost power. Still waiting for restoration. So I went to bed early due to no internet, TV, lights etc. Woke up at 3am and went for a walk. Took this snap of my front garden.

Screenshot_2022-11-13-09-27-26-33.jpg

My mate that lives out  Gawler way  was told his power was spose to come back at midnight and is still  now without power

We copped those storms about 10:30pm last night  but now have pushed through east more 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

My mate that lives out  Gawler way  was told his power was spose to come back at midnight and is still  now without power

We copped those storms about 10:30pm last night  but now have pushed through east more 

Yeah the blackouts are isolated generally due to falling trees/limbs but about 8% of the state's population is without power the last I heard. We're about 19 hours without it now east of the city.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Yeah the blackouts are isolated generally due to falling trees/limbs but about 8% of the state's population is without power the last I heard. We're about 19 hours without it now east of the city.

Back on at West Beach about 30 minutes ago. (out at 3.30 pm yesterday)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Back on at West Beach about 30 minutes ago. (out at 3.30 pm yesterday)

Glad to hear you have yours back on, Dave. We're still patiently waiting.

Things aren't too bad though. We still have gas stove and hot water. Fridge food is now in eskies and my daughter's terrific boyfriend has dropped over a generator but I'm hoping we won't need to bother with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

Glad to hear you have yours back on, Dave. We're still patiently waiting.

No, I was OK this time, did not lose power in Goolwa.

But my Mum in West Beach was with out power till this morning.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Malter White said:

My power went off fat 3.30pm after the storm yesterday & has just come back on, that's why you haven' seen me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My power went off fat 3.30pm after the storm yesterday & has just come back on, that's why you haven' seen me.

I was wondering where you were @Classic Brewing Co.

You guys in Adelaide must have copped a walloping, we had a mild storm here yesterday but apparently it was very intense across the river from me. The result was a power outage of about 5 hours last night.

Anyway I hope that all you Adelaide people have saved all the food in the fridges and freezers.

Edited by kmar92
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I was wondering where you were @Classic Brewing Co.

You guys in Adelaide must have copped a walloping, we had a mild storm here yesterday but apparently it was very intense across the river from me. The result was a power outage of about 5 hours last night.

Anyway I hope that all you Adelaide people have saved all the food in the fridges and freezers.

Thanks for your concern @kmar92 it was absolutely a nightmare; Glenelg buy the sea copped a walloping as other areas did, but we had winds up to 109mph & a 20–30-minute dump of about 63l of rain & the outcome was devasting, even now thousands of homes are still without power,

Obviously, the damage the floods have done to other areas are devastating but what can we do. Aussies all band together & just deal with it, that's why I am proud to be an Australian.

Having caring friends & awesome Neighbour's makes a hell of a difference.

• Like 1

well was woken this morning  @1am  by torrential rain , Again in parts of Victoria are back in flood and other new flooded spots
fortunately many of us never lost power through these rains i believe it was another  big down pour of 40 ml with in a hour

My driveway  was like a water fall  and i was praying to man upstairs dont flood me driveway as my  beer fridge is in the carport
lucky it survived  .

i'm not sure how much more rain Victoria can cope with.

its great to see S.a back with power  though  

i feel i may have to start wearing a rain coat as pj's  if we get more rain like last night

• Haha 1