Coopers Community

Early Morning Walk

Classic Brewing Co

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Good to have you back

Cheers, it is good to be back, it is amazing how we take power for granted, 24 hours isn't that long but all you can do is sit around, go for a walk etc.

Of course, you can use the phone, but you can't charge it. It is still a crappy day & still raining but at least we can go on the forum.

Cheers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers, it is good to be back, it is amazing how we take power for granted, 24 hours isn't that long but all you can do is sit around, go for a walk etc.

Of course, you can use the phone, but you can't charge it. It is still a crappy day & still raining but at least we can go on the forum.

Cheers.

I forgot to add, I couldn't even get my car out of the shed as it is electronic door with no manual override.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers.

My 95 year old Mum was sitting in her Electric recliner chair, yeah, she was stuck.

After an hour she rolled on her side and slid down far enough to get up!

And her mobile phone was Flat..

All good now.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good mate, well kept, you must be close to the city.

city of melbourne do a great job keeping the town hall garden looking amazing. even during the worst of the covid lockdowns here it was always lush, always changing.

i work in the city and it's a little known thing but if you can complete your train trip before 7.15 they don't charge you for the trip. so i do my early morning walk in town.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 12:09 AM, kmar92 said:

That is dedication @stquinto, I generally not like to get in our pool if it cooler than 26°.

A bit painful but you feel pretty good all day 👍

On 12/27/2022 at 9:24 PM, Mickep said:

Geez Sainter, the ol' Crown Jewel's wouldn't have been none too happy at that temp....

Yeah, takes you a while to find them afterwards 😆

On 12/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Bugger that! It would be too cold for me.

I can manage that because I started when it was about 17 degrees in May. Wouldn’t be going in for the first time at 9, that’s for sure 😱

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good Stquinta, how far is the lake from your digs?

I have attached some info for you as I assume this will be on the menu tonight 🤣

https://www.tfrecipes.com/how-to-cook-swan/

Hey Phil, the closest part of the lake it about a 5 minute walk. Where I swim is a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk.

I've heard swans are pretty yucky though...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Hey Phil, the closest part of the lake it about a 5 minute walk. Where I swim is a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk.

I've heard swans are pretty yucky though...

Well, it was a joke, but they are protected here so I have never tried one & I don't want to 😬 Duck, Goose yes & lots of other game birds, not seagulls though.

• Haha 2