Coopers Community

SA HOME BREWERS BEER DAY MEETING

Classic Brewing Co

Hey you South Aussie Brewers, how many of you would be interested, would be able to meet on a Saturday or Sunday for a few beers & say G'day.

@Gully85   tried to organise  something a couple of years ago but it didn't happen. He hasn't been on the forum since Aug 24 2020, but we still catch up for a drink now & again. 

I could suggest that the City would be fairly central to all, however it is open for discussion.

The first place that comes to mind is Coopers Alehouse Pub ( Earl of Aberdeen ) in 316  Pultney Street or Lady Burra Brewhouse 4 Topham Mall - both great places.

I am aware of the drink driving factor but public transport is fairly much available to all.  @MUZZY  might offer to borrow a bus & run a courier service for us, but I suspect he would rather have a drink. 🤣🚌

They all serve food for those interested, but I reckon it would be great if some of us could catch up. Let me know if any of you have any ideas or comments.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 2

A bit late now @CLASSIC but the Adelaide Beer and BBQ festival on ATM may have been a good place to meet and greet!  Pity this event was not on next month when I would be in town.  When last I looked this was a "no go" but it has since got up and running this year.  With a bit more of a heads up I would have liked to have made a special trip over to check out all the beer and BBQ stuff on offer.

BTW - Did any of our community members go to this event and if so, how was it?

Cheers - AL

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

Hi @iBooz2  it's great to get a reply on this topic, I am not sure if I completely understand you - are you saying you will be in town next month & you didn't go to the ADELIAIDE BEER & BBQ ?

I don't now if any members did go to the event, but if you are going to be in town soon & there is enough interest in what I am trying to plan we may get a chance to get something going.

Anyway keep in touch & we might have something on.

Cheers

Phil

3 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

OK what is BTW ?  I would have loved to have been there but had to cook for a bunch of people at a BBQ function ( I was a cook in the Army )

However I don't know who went, good on Paleman !!

By the way, also known as BTW

9 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Hey you South Aussie Brewers, how many of you would be interested, would be able to meet on a Saturday or Sunday for a few beers & say G'day.

@Gully85   tried to organise  something a couple of years ago but it didn't happen. He hasn't been on the forum since Aug 24 2020, but we still catch up for a drink now & again. 

I could suggest that the City would be fairly central to all, however it is open for discussion.

The first place that comes to mind is Coopers Alehouse Pub ( Earl of Aberdeen ) in 316  Pultney Street or Lady Burra Brewhouse 4 Topham Mall - both great places.

I am aware of the drink driving factor but public transport is fairly much available to all.  @MUZZY  might offer to borrow a bus & run a courier service for us, but I suspect he would rather have a drink. 🤣🚌

They all serve food for those interested, but I reckon it would be great if some of us could catch up. Let me know if any of you have any ideas or comments.

Cheers

Phil

This may sound like a dumb idea

Why not  a person host a brew day at there home wether it be a extract or A.G brew  and have a chin wag and a beer at the sametime and maybe a bbq

mind you if i still lived in Adelaide i would have been interested in catching up

your idea is a good one  and would be great day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

OK what is BTW ?  I would have loved to have been there but had to cook for a bunch of people at a BBQ function ( I was a cook in the Army 

I thought I recognised your photo colonel sanders bet you do that chicken real good 😉

@CLASSIC it wasn't meant as an insult when you said was a cook in the army and i remember your pic from that thread you started. I thought got a Gray moustache and a cook in the army put them together that was all. I have a wierd sense of humour I dont put people down to be cruel. I'm only 34 and was one of few in my school at the time who enjoyed David letterman and his silly humour.

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

Fantastic day. I tried as many beers as i could ( full pints ) from smaller brewers without passing out before the end. Some bloody lovely beers, some mediocre but not many.

Entertainment and food was amazing, but that was secondary to me. The day was all about beers. Its a must on a brewers and barbecue lovers calendar to do. I got back to our accomadation with the Mrs somehow, that bit i dont remember 🤪

Sorry to steal your thunder @CLASSIC your idea of catching up is excellent. Talk about brewing and whatever else comes up. Just one issue for me is i live 4 hours drive out of Adelaide, and also a shift worker, so the planets would have to line up for me to make it. I'd try my hardest to make a meet op for sure. 

Thanks for responding re; catch-up, so far not  many replies.

Sounds like you are in Hummocks Hill. Didn't what to give your location away, glad you enjoyed the Festival. If we can organise something it will be on the forum, so here's hoping something develops.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, CLASSIC said:

Cheers

Phil

@MUZZY  might offer to borrow a bus & run a courier service for us, but I suspect he would rather have a drink. 🤣🚌  Thought @MUZZY May have seen this.

Depending on when and where I might be able to get SWMBO to drive and make it to a meet up. 

Suggestion: Maybe talk to local HB shops and see if there's interest? They might host or contribute or even attend with a couple of their goods? 

Suggestion: Seeing we're on Coopers forums, maybe mention it to them and ask suggestions? (see previous)

Suggestion: Ask at venues and see if they have an interest - craft breweries and/or pubs might like to do a bit of promo to get a bit of a crowd in?

@Journeyman   It's great to get comments from you, I think you suggestions are excellent, this is going to be harder than I thought as not only do we need numbers, we also have to arrive at an agreeable date. I guess at the moment we have to wait & see if we can build an interest among the SA members on this forum.

So come on guys & girls, lets hear from you. 🥺

My original idea was to meet at the Coopers Alehouse Pub in the city as it's fairly central to most people but if we can get something going, who knows.

I have a couple of mates that are brewers but @Gully85  is the only one on this forum.

We can only wait I spose.

Cheers

Phil

On 2/6/2021 at 7:09 PM, iBooz2 said:

BTW - Did any of our community members go to this event and if so, how was it?

Went on Saturday arvo. Weather was sketchy with a few light showers. Tried a few different beers, mostly lagers and pilseners. Did finally get to sample the Pirate Life stout. Also sampled a Russian Imperial Stout(11% ABV) that one was a bit yuck!! All the food we ate was really good but you had to be prepared to pay up on the credit card, no other options as its all cashless. Most beers 8-9 bucks a go and food around 15-25 a plate

• Like 1