Coopers Community

SA HOME BREWERS BEER DAY MEETING

Classic Brewing Co

On 2/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, CLASSIC said:

Hey you South Aussie Brewers, how many of you would be interested, would be able to meet on a Saturday or Sunday for a few beers & say G'day.

@Gully85   tried to organise  something a couple of years ago but it didn't happen. He hasn't been on the forum since Aug 24 2020, but we still catch up for a drink now & again. 

I could suggest that the City would be fairly central to all, however it is open for discussion.

The first place that comes to mind is Coopers Alehouse Pub ( Earl of Aberdeen ) in 316  Pultney Street or Lady Burra Brewhouse 4 Topham Mall - both great places.

I am aware of the drink driving factor but public transport is fairly much available to all.  @MUZZY  might offer to borrow a bus & run a courier service for us, but I suspect he would rather have a drink. 🤣🚌

They all serve food for those interested, but I reckon it would be great if some of us could catch up. Let me know if any of you have any ideas or comments.

Cheers

Phil

Hey Guys, Just a follow up on this post - so far no-one has put their hand up, but I do respect the fact work & family commitments always come first. 

Having said that if anyone is slightly interested & there were only just a few of us, we still could have a beer & a chat. So I guess if anyone has any ideas it would be great to hear from you.

I am prepared ( if allowed on this forum ) to offer a mobile no or email address on request.

Cheers

Phil

4 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Hey Guys, Just a follow up on this post - so far no-one has put their hand up, but I do respect the fact work & family commitments always come first. 

Having said that if anyone is slightly interested & there were only just a few of us, we still could have a beer & a chat. So I guess if anyone has any ideas it would be great to hear from you.

I am prepared ( if allowed on this forum ) to offer a mobile no or email address on request.

Cheers

Phil

Phil

your catch up idea is a great one

just name a date and time  and ask for rsvp  here who will attend

if i was allowed out of victoria ( i am only for work ) and was coming to S.A  for a weekend i would glad to have met up

setting a time and date  people can plan for

no date people um and urrr  about things

cheers
Mick

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Well my wife and I were heading to SA in a couple of weeks time but that got shot down in C19 flames.  SA border closed to us Victorians so looks like we go North instead.  That is unless @Journeyman can take his wire cutters with him on his upcoming trip to SE SA and cut a big hole in the barbed wire fence for us.

Suggest you do not put up a mobile or email on here as the web bots will collect them and spam the sheet out of both with rubbish.  Best done via a PM to those interested.  Interested persons can PM you if they can make it and then you can PM your details back.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Well my wife and I were heading to SA in a couple of weeks time but that got shot down in C19 flames.  SA border closed to us Victorians so looks like we go North instead.  That is unless @Journeyman can take his wire cutters with him on his upcoming trip to SE SA and cut a big hole in the barbed wire fence for us.

Suggest you do not put up a mobile or email on here as the web bots will collect them and spam the sheet out of both with rubbish.  Best done via a PM to those interested.  Interested persons can PM you if they can make it and then you can PM your details back.  

@iBooz2  Sorry to hear about your plans changing,  @Journeyman  may do that for you if you ask nicely.

I hope you have a good holiday anyway.

I am struggling with PM.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Geez what an idiot, I just realised you meant Facebook, which I don't do or want any part of, although I do have a dodgy A/C set up so I can enter the site if I have to for other reasons.

No, not PoxBook.! 🤦‍♂️ PM means - Personal Messenger on this forum.  You can send a personal message to any member and only you and the recipients see it.  Sorta like a basic email without having to know the other persons email address.

1 minute ago, iBooz2 said:

No, not PoxBook.! 🤦‍♂️ PM means - Personal Messenger on this forum.  You can send a personal message to any member and only you and the recipients see it.  Sorta like a basic email without having to know the other persons email address.

Sorry to show my ignorance, I must admit I have seen that in the settings, glad to share your sentiments with PoxBook ! I reckon if I sent a PM ( now I know what it means ) to members I seem to get on with, it would be interesting to hear their comments on some of the, let's say annoyance from some of the posts. You know what I mean.

Cheers.