Coopers Community

Recipe of the month/free shipping, where are youuuu?

Malter White

21 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I've just been to Dan Murphy to pick up a few brewing supplies because the ROTM/free shipping promo hadn't showed up. I get home and look what's arrived on the Coopers DIY website - the ROTM and free shipping. (Grumble, mumble...) 

WTH Muzzy, My Dan's doesn't stock jack poop when it comes to brew supplies. ROTM looks interesting though. I might have to give Kveik a crack at some point, waiting on AK's feed back with his side by side ferment using Voss and US-05

• Like 1

considering for the price you have to supply half the ingredients including yeast its too expensive better off buying seperate.

edit apologies the yeast is included in latest one looked at heaps on here where recepies say u supply but is still expensive.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well the new recepies for this month look interesting triple choc stout and zombie beer. I think the coopers version of Irish stout might be too sweet for myself but the zombie one might be interesting experiment down track @MUZZY @Shamus O'Sean sorry I bet you guys to be first to mention the newest additions not working this week got plenty time on my hands 👍

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Well the new recepies for this month look interesting triple choc stout and zombie beer. I think the coopers version of Irish stout might be too sweet for myself but the zombie one might be interesting experiment down track @MUZZY @Shamus O'Sean sorry I bet you guys to be first to mention the newest additions not working this week got plenty time on my hands 👍

I checked them both out today, thinking the Zombie Pale Ale would be a goer, 6.9% sounds good with a beer with you know what. I probably will order some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

Well the new recepies for this month look interesting triple choc stout and zombie beer.  @MUZZY @Shamus O'Sean sorry I bet you guys to be first to mention the newest additions not working this week got plenty time on my hands 👍

All good, Jamie. We're a team here, all working for the greater good. 😁

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

my question here  is   and i might get the savage barkers on me 

the only time i would muck around with  small batches like the zombie is if i was trying to make a new recipe  i have not tried 
so i dont waste,  at the cost of what there asking why would you brew 9litres for?

@ $46  for 9 litres of beer thats expensive and i could do an A.G beer to 23 litres at 7-8%  for less
and be just as tastey   

compared to the stout they have for the month which looks to be ripper and i may put in order tommorow
for 22 litres  @ $55 

i would hate to think what coopers would sell the zombie for if making  23 l worth

I like the idea of small batch brewing but it shouldnt be a premium like that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

the only time i would muck around with  small batches like the zombie is if i was trying to make a new recipe  i have not tried 
so i dont waste,  at the cost of what there asking why would you brew 9litres for?

@ $46  for 9 litres of beer thats expensive and i could do an A.G beer to 23 litres at 7-8%  for less
and be just as tastey   

compared to the stout they have for the month which looks to be ripper and i may put in order tommorow
for 22 litres  @ $55 

i would hate to think what coopers would sell the zombie for if making  23 l worth

$46.00 of decent craft beer 9 litres, works out at about $5.11 per litre. In my opinion it is worth it. Quality vs Quantity but that's just me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

and be just as tastey   

for 22 litres  @ $55 

Yeah I agree the economics don't work out for the coops 9L batches but small batch does give variety I suppose. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

$46.00 of decent craft beer 9 litres, works out at about $5.11 per litre. In my opinion it is worth it. Quality vs Quantity but that's just me.

i get what ya saying  ,    you could do the exact same  Quality beer  using A.g  for that particular brew much for far less  dollars   

i just don't see the quality is worth  $46 dollars

the beer you make from the kit maybe a quality extrract   and taste great  , but its a very expensive beer.

ya know i have seen some  of Gashes zombie lust beers  which are ripper of brews  and i looked at tis extract thinking wow
i might do a extract of this before combating one of gashes zombie lust beers in hope it was 23l or close to  for around 60 bucks
but when i seen 9l @ $46  bucks i thought very expensive for a small batch brew

i still might  suck the price up and do it..   

but  its got me thinking

3 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Yeah I agree the economics don't work out for the coops 9L batches but small batch does give variety I suppose. 

9l  batches i have no worries about    i think small batch brewing very well has its place  and gives that variety.

i would encourage that specially for those wanting to jump to A.g Brewing in future  or for just testing new recipes out

i do get classics point of view as well about quality  and not quantity   

i have paid 80 bucks for a good A.G  kit   that i had to mill myself  that wa 23l

i just think when your looking at 9l and below it shouldnt brake a bank to make it ,  to me there is better brews out there to make
at the price  for the dollar ya spending

@ozdevil your exactly right and I have voiced similar opinions in the past. It might have been before tried my first mr beer kit or had only tried the one. Yes they are heaps more expensive that doing an AG brew or 23 litre kit brew for same price or extra $10.  after trying a couple of them now I can't believe the flavour they manage to get into those tins if brew it basic compared to 1.7kg normal one.

I reckon classics figures are close after leave trube behind $6 a litre roughly. compared to buying craft beer by 6 pack slab or pint still heaps cheaper. Yes we spend little bit of time mixing it making sure temp ok and bottling it but it's the hobby thing why we do it. But I agree even with free shipping they could knock $5 off. But then again if we ordered everything with free postage and got the other things individually at LHBS we could save a bit. But I guess it's like the ppl who pay for carb drops it's the convenience of someone else doing it for us.

And I have previously stated about 15 grams yeast they provide being un nessasary too much so completely agree. I think some recepies look good but would rather source everything myself and brew when I feel like it. Also use a quantity of yeast more suitable to it.

Edited by jamiek86

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

ROTM for May is in store - The new Australian IPA and a Disco Juice IPA.

And $80+ for free shipping. 6 can limit if you're doing extract.

I'm starting to think Coopers just wait for me to remind them it's ROTM time before they release. 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I am definitely going to order the AUS IPA $59.00 for 23litres is a whole lot better than paying $79.00 for a Carton 24 at Thirsty Camel

I tried a can at a mates place & didn't mind it, so bring it on.

Me too. Looks like a good kit. Just ordered it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I am definitely going to order the AUS IPA

3 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

Me too. Looks like a good kit. Just ordered it.

It would be better without the crystal - for my palate anyway.

I got the Australian IPA and ordered the Voyager American Pale Ale advanced pack too.  Between the two it took my order over $80, so I get the Voyager pack delivered for free.

Yep, I could probably shop around for the individual bits and pieces and pick them up in person and save a few bucks, but I like the convenience of these packs coming straight to my door.  It's like Christmas.

I just missed out on some secondhand kegs because I wanted to haggle to get $40 off.  Somebody else popped up and offered to pay the asking price.  I lost, for the sake of a few dollars.  Life's too short.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I got the Australian IPA and ordered the Voyager American Pale Ale advanced pack too.  Between the two it took my order over $80, so I get the Voyager pack delivered for free.

Yep, I could probably shop around for the individual bits and pieces and pick them up in person and save a few bucks, but I like the convenience of these packs coming straight to my door.  It's like Christmas.

I just missed out on some secondhand kegs because I wanted to haggle to get $40 off.  Somebody else popped up and offered to pay the asking price.  I lost, for the sake of a few dollars.  Life's too short.

That would be a bummer, sometimes you have to grab something you want when you can otherwise you miss out.

I have always wondered about secondhand kegs, I have seen them on Gumtree & the odd sale but can't help thinking what if they weren't looked after properly, are they hard to clean or can they get damaged ?

• Like 1