Coopers Community

Recipe of the month/free shipping, where are youuuu?

Malter White

6 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

all I did was ring Bill at Brew Maker, Holden Hill & put my order in - he sorta acts as Coopers retail outlet in SA ( maybe @Coopers team ) could clarify that ) 

Yes Bill is and a top bloke at that 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Yes Bill is and a top bloke at that 👍

Yep, he has been going since 1992 & the wholesale arm to his business is bigger than the retail, he has a great range & is always enthusiastic & helpful to pass on any knowledge he has gained in 30 years of operation. His Coopers stock range match Big W prices & he carries lots of other brands also. 

9 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Yep, he has been going since 1992 & the wholesale arm to his business is bigger than the retail, he has a great range & is always enthusiastic & helpful to pass on any knowledge he has gained in 30 years of operation. His Coopers stock range match Big W prices & he carries lots of other brands also. 

Maybe ask him to update his price list online? I looked at it ages ago and saw the 2015 date on it and moved right along. 😄

Edited by Journeyman

1 minute ago, Journeyman said:

Maybe ask him to update his price list online? I looked at it ages ago and saw the 2015 date on it and moved right along. 😄

Bill is a bit old school possibly but most of those prices are still the same on the shelf. Most of the others charge more for the basics but he supplies a lot of stock wholesale, I have been in his warehouse, pallets of stock everywhere, forklift etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just placed my order - 4 cans LME, 2 x Brew A, = $81 and free shipping! 😄

The recipes look OK too - but 3.6% XPA??? 😄 

The Wireless Brown sounds OK - might have to give it a go in a full brew. As an aside... who comes up with the names? Wireless?

Edited by Journeyman

9 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Just placed my order - 4 cans LME, 2 x Brew A, = $81 and free shipping! 😄

The recipes look OK too - but 3.6% XPA??? 😄 

The Wireless Brown sounds OK - might have to give it a go in a full brew. As an aside... who comes up with the names? Wireless?

Yeah you could tweak it a bit as you know there are ways to up the ABV.  Wireless Brown, Maybe it is the Beta version ?

3 hours ago, DrinksBeer00 said:

So? What are the best/safest ways to up the ABV ?

Yes the ROTM sound tasty but will they touch the sides?

Mayby radio for desert?

It says makes 24 litres so u could always make it to 22 or 23 L for a bit extra ABV. Add a little dextrose maybe 300g will up ABV aswell. Although it can thin the body of the beer

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Add Light Dry Malt.  Each extra 500g will get you about an extra 0.8% ABV in a 23 litre brew.

Hey @terminal2k listen to @Shamus O'Sean  he is the man !! Light Dry Malt is your friend, it will turn you beers around & take it to the next level. I listened to these guys a long time ago & it has made a hell of a difference to my beers.

Cheers.

23 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

so I should have just bought the session xpa and added 2kg of LDM?

The only problem with that much malt is the beer could turn out quite sweet. Even with 1 kg ldm I need to add a hop boil for my tastes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terminal2k said:

so I should have just bought the session xpa and added 2kg of LDM?

That would take the XPA up to about 6.8% in the bottle.

1 hour ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

The only problem with that much malt is the beer could turn out quite sweet. Even with 1 kg ldm I need to add a hop boil for my tastes.

And PAML is right, it would put the Bitterness/Gravity (BU:GU) ratio way out of balance for this brew.  The BU:GU ratio is the amount of IBU's divided by the the decimal value of the OG (expressed as a whole number, or multiplied by 1000).  So for say an IPA brew with 60 IBU's and an OG of 1.060, the BU:GU ratio is 1 (60/0.060 x 1000).

For the Off Track Session XPA done to the recipe, its BU:GU ratio is 0.56.  Which is a good ratio for an ale.  If you add 2kg of LDM to the recipe the BU:GU ratio becomes 0.28.  This would be perceived as a sweet beer.

Your better bet with the Off Track Session XPA would be to do a short hop boil to keep the BU:GU ratio about the same.  Otherwise you could add another Preacher's Hefe Wheat can for extra fermentables plus built in bitterness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That would take the XPA up to about 6.8% in the bottle.

And PAML is right, it would put the Bitterness/Gravity (BU:GU) ratio way out of balance for this brew.  The BU:GU ratio is the amount of IBU's divided by the the decimal value of the OG (expressed as a whole number, or multiplied by 1000).  So for say an IPA brew with 60 IBU's and an OG of 1.060, the BU:GU ratio is 1 (60/0.060 x 1000).

For the Off Track Session XPA done to the recipe, its BU:GU ratio is 0.56.  Which is a good ratio for an ale.  If you add 2kg of LDM to the recipe the BU:GU ratio becomes 0.28.  This would be perceived as a sweet beer.

Your better bet with the Off Track Session XPA would be to do a short hop boil to keep the BU:GU ratio about the same.  Otherwise you could add another Preacher's Hefe Wheat can for extra fermentables plus built in bitterness.

Thanks for the info Shamus 🙏 interesting

• 1 year later...

As I eagerly count down the days to tight Rs Tuesday's free shipping I'm wondering if free shipping counts as an "offer"?

I received a 20% discount code with my 13.5L kit. The brochure says:

Offer valid once and not in conjunction with any other offer.

Does anyone know if I can get 20% off and free shipping (provided I make whatever the minimum qualifying purchase price is, of course)?

9 hours ago, Kegory said:

As I eagerly count down the days to tight Rs Tuesday's free shipping I'm wondering if free shipping counts as an "offer"?

I received a 20% discount code with my 13.5L kit. The brochure says:

Does anyone know if I can get 20% off and free shipping (provided I make whatever the minimum qualifying purchase price is, of course)?

No idea.  But only one way to find out.

For future reference, I was able to get the 20% discount plus free shipping. The six can limit still applies but there doesn't seem to be a limit on any other ingredients. Hopefully I'll be home when it arrives, the Auspost delivery lady is gonna need a hand unloading.

• Haha 1