Coopers Community

Woah - a 15% increase in brew can prices???

LazyDave

Is this the online store?

Your heading says 15% and the post says 14%. ($14.40 to $16.20 is actually a 12.5% increase).

Perhaps it is reflecting an increase in the price of ingredients such as barley.

• Like 1

The great thing is that if you don’t like the price hike then you don’t have to buy it!! 

It is your right to shop around and buy a different product. You could also go and buy cartons of megaswill beer which is more expensive and that rubbish is always going up. 

Good luck in your choices👍🏻

Hey guys,

Thanks for being loyal Coopers DIY Brewers.

Yes, our prices have increased slightly online and with retailers. This was a necessity as we hadn’t changed our prices in over 4 years, so had been absorbing continual rising costs for many years. Sadly, the Aussie droughts have put pressure on our barley farmers and significantly increased farmgate barley prices.
Unfortunately, we cannot continue to absorb all of these cost increases and therefore we’re forced to put through this slight increase so that we can continue to bring to you quality brewing extracts and ingredients.

This price increase will add about 3 or 4 cents to a stubby.

Again, thank you for your support, and happy brewing.

Cheers,

The Coopers DIY Beer Team

• Like 9

I just got an industry wage increase, so the equilibrium is pretty much restored in my situation.

The wage increase was never meant to remain in my pocket anyway, so I don't worry too much about these increases.

If you think it's going to hurt your hip pocket that much, ask your boss for a raise if you haven't already received one this financial year.

Because you're probably worth it. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, Beerlust said:

I just got an industry wage increase, so the equilibrium is pretty much restored in my situation.

Lusty,

Our Industry received a 3% wage increase, think I need to change industries!!

Just now, YeastyBoy said:

Lusty,

Our Industry received a 3% wage increase, think I need to change industries!!

Truth be known, mine wasn't much better either mate. Sometimes we have to adapt as best we can.

If the shift appears too great, I consult my union.

Yeah union. An entity most folk today have NFI about how their current work conditions & pay rates evolved, thus don't appreciate what they have & enjoy today.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

I allegedly have one of the best unions around and I think they are average. They are a necessary evil unfortunately 

You can thank the Liberal government a few generations back for that. One of the nastiest & most deceitful things they did with their union reforms was to stop a union official being allowed on site without prior permission. What that ultimately did was all but eliminate the communication of workers rights to workers.

This is why there are so many abuses happening to workers across a plethora of industries in this country now, because very few know what their rights actually are.

Just 20 cents worth of the $21 a fortnight I give to my union.

Lusty.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2019 at 9:13 PM, Beerlust said:

Yeah union. An entity most folk today have NFI about how their current work conditions & pay rates evolved, thus don't appreciate what they have & enjoy today.

Union and proud here.
The problem workers face is conservative governments being in power for too long and eroding workers' pay and conditions over time with the assistance of a right-wing, collaborating media. Good old Rupert and co.
How often have you heard the cliche'd line, "Unions ruined/are ruining this country" ? Funny how these ideas stick in peoples' heads even though the LNP have been in government for 17 of the last 23 years (and it will be 20 of the last 26 if they go full term this time round). If the country is in such poor shape how are unions to blame?

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:44 PM, LazyDave said:

April $14.40 for a can of PA

July $16.20

Explanation for a 14% increase please!

If it's any help, Dave. Dan Murphy have a couple of bundles on special at the moment. Members only price - membership is free.

APA tin + BE2 = $18
Eng. Bitter tin + 500g LDM = $18
Dark Ale tin + BE3 = $17

Union here too, probably the same one muzzy. We went on strike a couple of years ago for better pay and safety. They gave us a better pay rise but as usual the safety side was glossed over with pretend solutions like small partial barriers and the total waste of money that is mobileye. I don't know if you have that in your buses muzzy but I can't stand it, and it doesn't really do anything anyway. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Union here too, probably the same one muzzy. We went on strike a couple of years ago for better pay and safety. They gave us a better pay rise but as usual the safety side was glossed over with pretend solutions like small partial barriers and the total waste of money that is mobileye. I don't know if you have that in your buses muzzy but I can't stand it, and it doesn't really do anything anyway. 

TWU is my union, Kelsey. They're not perfect but it's what we got and it's better than no union.
The cameras on public transport will only deter crime by criminals with a conscience. With the explosion of crime fuelled by meth/ice etc these days, these offenders don't give a rat's colon of the consequences. Thus, the cameras are largely ineffective. Sure they might catch the odd perpetrator but that's cold comfort to a bus driver or passenger that's just been assaulted by one of these gongbeaters.

RTBU here. I'm not referring to the CCTV system, it's some new gadget they've put in that's meant to help prevent collisions, but all it does is annoy the shit out of you, and occasionally it goes off extremely loud and piercing, 99% of the time over nothing, which is quite startling, not exactly what you want when concentrating. It's more of a hazard IMO.