Coopers Community

Recipe of the Month

wizbang04

Ordered the ROTM on Wednesday just gone believing I might see it before the weekend,.....WRONG! sad

Having the ability to track the progress via Aus Post, it appears to be coming from QLD? unsure & will likely not hit my doorstep until mid next week! surprised Obviously I'm not up on current events here, but I still find it all quite bizarre given I live about 20 minutes away from the Coopers brewery itself here in SA. pouty

Ohh well, the Beer Train must roll on, so I've had to do a little shopping earlier today for some ingredients to brew something else. devil

Moving on...

Lusty.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I posted about this exact same issue a few weeks ago , I also live not too far from Coopers but all the Mail orders come from Queensland now. I found if I order on the Monday it arrived on Friday so I make allowances now. I think they must have changed, because when I bought my first Kit online last Xmas it arrived one day after ordering...

Yep I posted about this exact same issue a few weeks ago ' date=' I also live not too far from Coopers but all the Mail orders come from Queensland now. I found if I order on the Monday it arrived on Friday so I make allowances now.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice Xenon. smile I'll have to remember this in future. pinched

I think they must have changed' date=' because when I bought my first Kit online last Xmas it arrived one day after ordering...[/quote']

Yeah, when I ordered my DIY fermenter last year it arrived the next day. happy

It's not the end of the world, just a bit unexpected & a little inconvenient is all.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Yep I posted about this exact same issue a few weeks ago ' date=' I also live not too far from Coopers but all the Mail orders come from Queensland now. I found if I order on the Monday it arrived on Friday so I make allowances now.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice Xenon. smile I'll have to remember this in future. pinched

I think they must have changed' date=' because when I bought my first Kit online last Xmas it arrived one day after ordering...[/quote']

Yeah, when I ordered my DIY fermenter last year it arrived the next day. happy

It's not the end of the world, just a bit unexpected & a little inconvenient is all.

Cheers,

Lusty.

lollol

Hi Magnaman.

Hey Lusty' date=' when was that order of your's going to turn up? [img']lol[/img]

I suppose that really depends on whether it is going via Singapore, or via Melbourne on route to Adelaide. unsure

Your delivery from Coopers Online Store is in transit.

We are currently planning to deliver your parcel(s) by Thursday 25th June 2015

Please keep in mind that this date isn't definite' date=' as your parcel may arrive earlier or later.

You will receive your next notification email on the day when we plan to make your delivery.

[/quote']

Let's hope the part-time taxi driver come part-time postal delivery guy can find my house! unsure

I'll be happy if the yeast is still alive & the kit tin hasn't past it's use-by-date. tongue

And so are the Days Of Our Lives....

Lusty.

• 1 month later...
I was being a bit sneaky and may or may not have stumbled upon the next ROTM:

nPCaD1K.jpg

Weizen' date=' nice! [img']w00t[/img]

How'd you stumble across that one? I hope they bring one out soon... I've got a discount code which runs out tomorrow, but I've been waiting to see what ROTM they bring out first before I stock up.

• 4 weeks later...
It came up this arvo. Coopers Vintage 2015.

Just ordered one of these. Looking forward to playing with some grains and brewing something outside my usual beer preferences - usually I just brew to the style of the megaswills I enjoy. Let's see what this homebrewing deal is really about!

I've read the Coopers recipe, looks within my skill. Any hot tips on the technique side of things to make sure I get the best out of this?

I wouldn't have thought of steeping the crystal in cold water... but I really don't know much about it.

It came up this arvo. Coopers Vintage 2015.

Phwoah, I balked a bit at the $50 price point, but when I actually did a quick mental calc that's really not bad to have it packaged and sent to your door.

Did Cooper's provide the DIY recipe of their past vintages so early after releasing commercially? I would have thought they'd want a bit more store presence before giving out their secrets.

Just put my order in for the 2015 pack, really looking forward to brewing this one.

essfer, I'd just make sure you follow the recipe closely and it should turn out great. I'm just a kit+hop brewer myself, the only time I have ever worked with grains was when I made the 2013 Vintage Ale recipe. I still have some bottles of that brew around, I sampled one a few weeks ago and it's aged beautifully!

Archived