Coopers Community

Recipe of the Month

wizbang04

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone' date='

i just cracked open last months ROTM (Goodnight America) and i noticed that the 50g bag of falconers flight hops has a pin prick hole in it so its no longer vacuum sealed. should i be too worried about this?

Thanks

CSG[/quote']Sorry CSG, have only just read your post. You could give them a whirl if they still smell okay but if they don't smell the best give the store a yell - let them know either way, we need this sort of feedback.

store@coopers.com.au

Oh and welcome to the forum! biggrin

Thanks PB2, I squeezed a bit of air out the hole and it smells fine. I've put them into the freezer for now as I'm moving house atm. Hopefully that will keep them good till I can brew again.

I'll let the store know.

Summer ale sold out. Any hope of getting anymore?

None based on previous months.

You will have to buy the ingredients separately.

If my supplier only stocks summer hop flowers not pellets can i use them the same way at the same weights?

Hi team,

just received my Coopers Kit. I've looking forward to my first brew, however just wondering if anyone completed the previous ROTM 'Hop Bomb" http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/109/

I had to source the hops and yeast offsite, however then I found a yeast sachet under the lid of the Diablo Malt Mix. Would you A. use the kit yeast, or the BRY-97 yeast sachet that I bought afterward?

OR would it make no real difference being my 1st or second brew...

Cheers,

Mitch

If my supplier only stocks summer hop flowers not pellets can i use them the same way at the same weights?

You can use them the same way but I believe you need about 10% more by weight of flowers than pellets. Don't quote me on that figure though, best to Google it. I have Googled it before but I can't 100% remember the figure.

Hi team' date='

just received my Coopers Kit. I've looking forward to my first brew, however just wondering if anyone completed the previous ROTM 'Hop Bomb" http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/109/

I had to source the hops and yeast offsite, however then I found a yeast sachet under the lid of the Diablo Malt Mix. Would you A. use the kit yeast, or the BRY-97 yeast sachet that I bought afterward?

Cheers,

Mitch[/quote']

Hey Mitch,

Of the 2 yeasts, I would use the BRY-97, as per the recipe. They usually specify in their recipes if you're better off using the kit yeast instead of another specific yeast.

Hold on to the kit yeast for now though (just leave it in the fridge), and if you have any issues with the BRY-97 stalling (that sounds to be a common issue people have with BRY-97), you can just throw the kit yeast in to finish it off.

Hi team' date='

Cheers,

Mitch[/quote']

Hi Mitch,

I made the Hop Bomb, very shortly after I received it early October, and am just drinking it now, a superb result, for only my sixth brew!

Cookie

Hi team' date='

Cheers,

Mitch[/quote']

Hi Mitch,

I made the Hop Bomb, very shortly after I received it early October, and am just drinking it now, a superb result, for only my sixth brew!

Cookie

Awesome Cookie! Looking forward to it now. Plan to do my first brew tomorrow!

Do the new ROTM come out on the same day each month?

Nope' date=' has been fairly inconsistent, though they were coming out towards the end of the month for a while.

Based on last month or two, I reckon you could expect them sometime in the next week or so.

Also, there's a rumour that the full-size ROTM will be based on one of the new TC kits... [img']bandit[/img]

Do the new ROTM come out on the same day each month?

Nope' date=' has been fairly inconsistent, though they were coming out towards the end of the month for a while.

Based on last month or two, I reckon you could expect them sometime in the next week or so.

Also, there's a rumour that the full-size ROTM will be based on one of the new TC kits... [img']bandit[/img]

Too early in the year to hope for a Porter variation? biggrin

Sparkling ale (innkeepers daughter) would be great too!

Hi Guys' date='

Has anyone brewed the American Rebel Amber Ale (ROTM last Month)?

I have this and interested to see how it turns out and if there were any tricks.

My issue is the temperature in Perth at the moment.

Thanks,

Mike[/quote']

Hi Mike. I have the american rebel amber in my fermenter right now. As far as tricks go I just followed the recipe to keep it simple. I'm in Perth also, weather has been a little warm as you know, I'm lucky enough to have a brew fridge. There are other methods for keeping your brew cool but most require monitoring.

Ingredients:

2 x 1.7kg Thomas Cooper 86 Days Pilsner

2 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt

500g Coopers Dextrose

2 x 25g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Hop Pellets

2 x 50g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Hop Pellets

2 x 11.5g Fermentis W-34/70 Dry Yeast

1 x 250g Coopers Carbonation Drops

Ingredients:

2 x 1.7kg Thomas Cooper 86 Days Pilsner

2 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt

500g Coopers Dextrose

2 x 25g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Hop Pellets

2 x 50g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Hop Pellets

2 x 11.5g Fermentis W-34/70 Dry Yeast

1 x 250g Coopers Carbonation Drops

Thanks Ben.

P.S Accidently hit report to moderator on your post' date=' apologies to mods in advance. [img']sad[/img]

Archived