Coopers Community

Recipe of the Month

wizbang04

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh PB2, one of the things that has been annoying me about the Red Rattler Ale picture is the ganky (technical term) train used, it is not a Red Rattler from Sydney, looks more like an altered later model double decker picture.

tongue

haha i cant even imagine having to cram into one of those and catch it from central to parra on the 40 degree sydney summer afternoon in peak hour hahaha.

Wasn't too bad with the doors wide open and standing there' date=' rattling along, until you stopped. [img']lol[/img]

I used to catch a Red Rattler from Mt Druitt to Blacktown going to High School. I was disappointed when they phased them out.

It was great standing at the door (with no door) and the wind blowing in, then jumping onto the platform as the train was still moving. Safety wasn't a major concern back then biggrin

...then jumping onto the platform as the train was still moving. Safety wasn't a major concern back then biggrin

Fantastic memories' date=' Hairy. Is it possible you landed on the platform several times using your head to break your fall? [img']ninja[/img] (Just STFU, Phil, you're already in deep enough).

I used to catch a Red Rattler from Mt Druitt to Blacktown going to High School. I was disappointed when they phased them out.

It was great standing at the door (with no door) and the wind blowing in' date=' then jumping onto the platform as the train was still moving. Safety wasn't a major concern back then [img']biggrin[/img]

Sometimes at the station with two trains stopped the doors would line up and it was possible to walk across the trains to the "right" side of the platform with out going up and over. surprised

Apparently? whistling

...then jumping onto the platform as the train was still moving. Safety wasn't a major concern back then biggrin

Fantastic memories' date=' Hairy. Is it possible you landed on the platform several times using your head to break your fall? [img']ninja[/img] (Just STFU, Phil, you're already in deep enough).

It was all about hitting the ground running when you did it. I learnt early when I saw someone jump off and try to stop dead only to go face first into the platform.

They hadn't yet studied physics at school biggrin

Looking to a similar red rattler ale with left over ingredients. Be interested to hear thoughts on my recipe and how people may think it could turn out.

TC Australian Pale Ale

TC Amber Malt extract

500grams of LDM

25g of Citra

25g of Galaxy

250grams of Carapils

50grams of roasted barley

Will try to follow recipe with substitution of hops and grains.

Any predictions????

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know if people are aware (Coopers don't seem to really advertise it for some reason)' date=' but they've also started releasing recipe packs for the Craft Fermenter. This months one looks interesting -

http://store.coopers.com.au/wicked-winter-warmer-recipe-pack.html[/quote']

There's also a stack of Craft recipes on the Mr Beer website, if you're so inclined...

• 5 weeks later...

I was going to brew a beer this weekend with the IPA kit anyway. green_tick_small.gif

I had a whine recently about how hard it is to obtain Coopers Light Dry Malt Extract. green_tick_small.gif

Aroma'd with Aussie grown hops. green_tick_small.gif

Oooo a new hop to try! green_tick_small.gif

OK Coopers you win! tongue

Just ordered my recipe pack. happy

Also I spotted an error on a couple of the listings for this recipe around the website. I can understand how this can happen with all the copy & pasting involved in the page coding.

To avoid confusion, these headings might want to be altered to reflect the true volume to be fermented in the recipe outline that I believe is 21 litres, not 23.

http://www.coopers.com.au/#/diy-beer/beer-recipes/ale/detail/hop-slam-ipa-au/

&

http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/102/

Based on the recipe, you must be getting some crook ol' attenuation from that kit yeast to hit 5.0% ABV! wink

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived