Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

Forget that nonsense. 

It's all just a fad. In 20 years it will be forgotten. 

Listen to the music that never dies. 

The God of Opera. 

Edited by Oldbloke
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Oldbloke said:

Listen to the music that never dies. 

The voice is the best instrument, but opera is a bit over the top for me. I do acknowledge the skill involved.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 6:22 PM, Oldbloke said:

Still popular after 150 years.

The music of the Gods. Just divine.

An der schönen blauen Donau. An awesome piece of music. This song alone is why Johann Strauss deserves the title of "King of Waltz". Where IMHO the best part is the beginning, the slow buildup of power. This is similar to what I love about the intro of Rossini's Thieving Magpie. It builds up and builds up until it hits you 🙂 Very epic. 

Despite my more rowdy preferences in music, I do appreciate classical pieces. My favourites are probably The Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard Grieg and of course Vivaldi's Four Seasons but trusty old Ludwig van also left us with some awesome music. Beethoven's music was considered revolutionary back in the day and some say today, he'd be a Rock 'n' Roller 🙂 

However, I cannot get myself to listen to opera. The music is great but the singing drives me up the wall. I have experienced people in pain sounding better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

An der schönen blauen Donau. An awesome piece of music. This song alone is why Johann Strauss deserves the title of "King of Waltz". Where IMHO the best part is the beginning, the slow buildup of power. This is similar to what I love about the intro of Rossini's Thieving Magpie. It builds up and builds up until it hits you 🙂 Very epic. 

Despite my more rowdy preferences in music, I do appreciate classical pieces. My favourites are probably The Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard Grieg and of course Vivaldi's Four Seasons but trusty old Ludwig van also left us with some awesome music. Beethoven's music was considered revolutionary back in the day and some say today, he'd be a Rock 'n' Roller 🙂 

However, I cannot get myself to listen to opera. The music is great but the singing drives me up the wall. I have experienced people in pain sounding better. 

I agree, they are very talented however it is nt my cup of tea.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

🤣

18 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Love the new Hammerfall album, going to see them in January in Brisbane.

@Aussiekraut, you interested in going ? January 19th, 2025. 

IMG_5189.jpeg

Could be interesting. Haven't heard any newer stuff but will listen into it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Some new band t shirts arrived today.

Always loved the Sex Pistols, and am enjoying Kerry Kings new Project also. 

IMG_5194.jpeg

IMG_5195.jpeg

Cool. The Sex Pistols is a Band I would have loved to see. Sid was our hero back in the day 🙂 

I quite like the Kerry King album but I think it tries too hard to sound like Slayer. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Cool. The Sex Pistols is a Band I would have loved to see. Sid was our hero back in the day 🙂 

I quite like the Kerry King album but I think it tries too hard to sound like Slayer. 

I agree @Aussiekraut, the Kerry King album does mirror a Slayer album, I guess that’s the easiest way he thought to garner support and tour, just my thoughts. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Montreux Jazz last night. Alice Cooper then Deep Purple. Had to get my kids to show how to put in an edited clip (new technology baffles p*ssed old hack, and all that…)

Not bad shape the fellas are, same with Alice Cooper, who apparently has a handicap of 4, but I expect he takes off the makeup for the golf course 🤪 

Edited by stquinto
Added video
  • Like 5

Also from Montreux Jazz Festival in 1969; Les McCann and Eddie Harris. This song is sort of jazzy but funky too. The musicians look like they're having a ball. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hel by Skálmöld with the Icelandic Symphonic Orchestra. I love the song and the arrangement and the voice of Edda Tegeder Óskarsdóttir is just amazing. I'll never understand how one can do this without getting hoarse within a minute.

I'd love to have been at this concert but I'll see Skálmöld in January on their first Australian Tour. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Hel by Skálmöld with the Icelandic Symphonic Orchestra. I love the song and the arrangement and the voice of Edda Tegeder Óskarsdóttir is just amazing. I'll never understand how one can do this without getting hoarse within a minute.

I'd love to have been at this concert but I'll see Skálmöld in January on their first Australian Tour. 

I realise we all like different things but that's about as far away as anything I could ever listen too.

I like Country music, always have & of course many other artists but I don't go & see bands for the simple reason I am not into head-banging stuff. 🎸

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I realise we all like different things but that's about as far away as anything I could ever listen too.

I like Country music, always have & of course many other artists but I don't go & see bands for the simple reason I am not into head-banging stuff. 🎸

I like metal, but this is proof to me that adding an orchestra to pretty much anything wont necessarily make it better (most often it will make it worse).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChairmanDrew said:

I like metal, but this is proof to me that adding an orchestra to pretty much anything wont necessarily make it better (most often it will make it worse).

I liked the orchestra with the band. I thought they belted it out. I liked the trumpets.

• Like 1