Coopers Community

The Front Bar, General all topic every day chit chat thread.

Del

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Just gotta phrase it right so it's not illegal.[bandit]

mate im more than happy to exchange copious amounts of good banter and.... for some delightful brews ;) i dont mind clearing some shelf space for ya ;)

And.. im home again now.. for one week only! leave again on a 3 week trip Wednesday next week!

Bottled my IPA today (the one with amber malt and chinook/cascade). Gravity sample tasted wonderful! Got 53 bottles in different sizes out of it. I'll report again in a week or so when I do the first real sample taste :)

I was going to do a EB Porter next, but I got some fresh hops from a friend I thought I try in an Australian Pale Ale first. Won't be anything fancy, but I'll put the recipe up in a few days when I'm doing it :)

Dear God!

"For this brew we started with a strong Porter, put it in barrels that had just been emptied of an 8 year old reserve port, still with lees and residue inside, and then added a few juniper berries. We also added a little extra of the Port for good measure, some more juniper berries and waited for 6 months."

BT3mhGhIQAAhc3n.jpg

BLOODY AWESOME!

G'day all!

Is this where I post that I love Aussie football? So much so that I played in the Ontario AFL last year, for the Toronto Eagles. Best sport experience of my life! I only wish we could get it more popular and help it grow here. Right now there's 10 teams, with each of them having problems getting full squads to field on game days, and there's only 2 fields in the Toronto area to serve 8 of those teams.

Either way. Great sport. Go Pies!

G'day all!

Is this where I post that I love Aussie football? So much so that I played in the Ontario AFL last year, for the Toronto Eagles. Best sport experience of my life! I only wish we could get it more popular and help it grow here. Right now there's 10 teams, with each of them having problems getting full squads to field on game days, and there's only 2 fields in the Toronto area to serve 8 of those teams.

Either way. Great sport. Go Pies!

good stuff Paul, when you work out the rules can you let us Aussies know please[biggrin]

Hope your legs dont get to cold in those little tight shorts.....and i think you meant gone pies[lol]

glad chads finally got a mate,

Cheers, Nick

The AFL shorts aren't that tight anymore, but I've noticed the two rugby codes jerseys have gone that way. Very short sleeved body hugging things.. to be honest they look retarded. Much prefer the old school looser fitting 3/4 length sleeve style ones. [cool]

I still find the "AFL tight shorts controversy" skit on the 12th Man hilarious though. [lol]

The AFL shorts aren't that tight anymore' date=' but I've noticed the two rugby codes jerseys have gone that way. Very short sleeved body hugging things.. to be honest they look retarded. [/quote']

Technically you are correct. The tight jerseys are used to retard the tacklers [wink]

We play in the summer here. I think one game it was 45C with humidity. So the short shorts aren't a big deal, plus most guys wear the athletic shorts underneath anyways. For a better idea I think there are pictures on the league website. oafl.ca

And yes, the Pies are gone this year, but as a couple of my Aussie teammates told me, once you're a Pies fan, there's no getting out

• 2 weeks later...
glad chads finally got a mate' date='[/quote']

I dunno, Man! This topic has a little bit too much banter about men in short shorts[sick].

I did play Aussie rules football as a young man even here in the GWN. I can't say I ever understood the rules, but it was a hell of a good time!

Hey Paul,

Are you really a Canuck? If so... Cool. Stick around. We like Canucks around here![joyful]

glad chads finally got a mate' date='[/quote']

I dunno, Man! This topic has a little bit too much banter about men in short shorts[sick].

I did play Aussie rules football as a young man even here in the GWN. I can't say I ever understood the rules, but it was a hell of a good time!

Hey Paul,

Are you really a Canuck? If so... Cool. Stick around. We like Canucks around here![joyful]

lol I am really a Canuck. Born and raised in southwestern Ontario, now living in Brampton

Archived