Coopers Community

The Front Bar, General all topic every day chit chat thread.

Del

Well folks.. every good brewery needs a bar.. and what better place to get to know folks and discuss random day to day topics!

this thread is a non dedicated topic thread. it is basically a running conversation thread with anyone and everyone on board.

from hot topics in the news to whats happening in your life..

so grab a brew and a pull up a stool!

How is everyone tonight???

Hot topics in my household as a new brewer... educating the better half on the benefits of me brewing my own beer ;)

Craig

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am giving the stool a miss and sitting back on the lounge enjoying my Angry Man clone. I normally stick to one beer on a week night but it tastes so good I am on to my second.

Now that there is a break in the cricket I can look forward to getting some more sleep and less swearing at the TV.

just drinking a Coopers Tims, at the moment.. as my first brew is still only a week in the bottle.. still too young to try?

what kinda guitar otto? i use to play bass.. dont play anymore.. but still got my Torche Vintage series. had it since i was 13!

I love music but I have zero musical ability, unless the ability to sing off key counts.

I tried to teach myself how to play the guitar and couldn't get past the tuning section [biggrin]

But since I couldn't do that I always thought of playing the bass. Four strings has to be easier than six right?

i got out of hospital today after a foot operation and have spent the arvo laying in bed with my foot up. The pains not to bad because i have been self medicating with the Chocolate Stout i made in Feb. i should have left it a bit longer, but its a nice drop already. After 4 tallies, i expect to feel a buzz as its over 6%, but i'm sober as!!! After a general anesthetic today i was hoping for more?? Could the general be having a reverse effect on alcohol?

Hairy.. 4 strings.. but your playing pretty much all over the place once you get going.. Im heavily dyslexic.. i cant read music.. but i can press play on a cd.. and play the song a few minutes/repeats later.. i also tought msyelf the guitar this way. so that i could read the guitarists chords in reverse off his hand/nexk if i didint know a song when we played in a band.

Otto... SWEET!

Nick, nasty op?? i had a gangoolian(sp) cyst chopped outta my foot many years ago.. flat lined on the table with complications with the General.. wasnt much fun after that op!

the beer sounds good though!

It's a nice guitar and louder than my other one too for some reason. I just got a $500 wireless system to use as well so I can run around anywhere without being restricted by a bloody lead.

I can't read music either, I just play by ear, though we just write our own anyway... but, how often do you see rock and metal bands on stage with music stands with sheet music on them for the songs aye? [lol] [lol]

I normally stick to one beer on a week night but

HTF do you manage that Hairy [alien]

For me it is either zero (yep an AFD) or at least 3 285ml glasses.

I am assuming that your one is a pint on account of the recent health tip you posted [happy]

when it was me and the best mate living next door to each other.. beers after work was almost a ritual.. now im living with the misses thats cut down quite a bit.. but i probably still have 2-4 tins a night.. usually 1-3 Tims/Pales and then a Stout as a last stand.. probably too much for good health..

when i start back at work.. drinking each night is just an accepted/expected part of the job.. cant have a bus full of roudy drunken back packers around you all day with out having a beer at night with them..

For me it is either zero (yep an AFD) or at least 3 385ml glasses.

I am assuming that your one is a pint on account of the recent health tip you posted [happy]

Yep, one 2 litre glass of beer on a week night [biggrin]

I try to have 2-3 AFDs each week but it rarely works so I just limit the quantity.

For me it is either zero (yep an AFD) or at least 3 385ml glasses.

*breaks out the Darwin stubbies* yeah... just one beer a night...[roll]

Yep, one 2 litre glass of beer on a week night [biggrin]

I try to have 2-3 AFDs each week but it rarely works so I just limit the quantity.

hey wal' date=' hows the grain trade going?[/quote']

Keeping us busy as usual, mind you some might say that it doesn't take much to keep me busy....!!!!

Hey Wal, i remember you once said that you have a tribe of boys....if they arnt keeping you busy now, just wait til they're older[bandit]

Archived