Coopers Community

The Front Bar, General all topic every day chit chat thread.

Del

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I note with some sadness the passing today of Rik Mayall at the young age of 56.

I am a big fan of his work especially The Young Ones and Bottom.

Another very funny man taken from us too early' date='may he rest in peace.

N'oz[/quote']

Yeah, sad for sure. I also am a big fan of the young ones.

The episode where he killed Neil and they buried him in the backyard still cracks me up and I havent seen it for over 25 years.

Also, which was a little strange is that I read a news story about his death today, but no mention of how he died ?

Cheers

Guzz

I note with some sadness the passing today of Rik Mayall at the young age of 56.

I am a big fan of his work especially The Young Ones and Bottom.

Another very funny man taken from us too early' date='may he rest in peace.

N'oz[/quote']

Yeah, sad for sure. I also am a big fan of the young ones.

The episode where he killed Neil and they buried him in the backyard still cracks me up and I havent seen it for over 25 years.

Also, which was a little strange is that I read a news story about his death today, but no mention of how he died ?

Cheers

Guzz

Yeah I love that one too Guzz but I think the funniest thing I ever saw was him dressed in a red rubber costume in Guest House Paradiso-that just has me rolling with laughter.

One of the funniest films ever I reckon,mind you the green projectile vomiting is a bit gross..a bit like my 18th birthday when I had too much Creme de Menthe,I have never been able to stomach that stuff since..

The news report I read said that the cause of death had not been established but that it was not thought suspicious..a very sad loss.

Cheers

N'oz

Couldn't help but laugh when my suburb and local pub were featured on this weeks 'Bogan Hunters' as one of the boganest places in SA. biggrin

I may have an office job and all my teeth, but I still have more than a couple flannelette and heavy metal shirts in my wardrobe.

It's really tongue in cheek, and very much like Paul Fenech's other shows, except it's more or less reality TV - which is always a case of editing and exaggerating people's character anyway.

It really doesn't matter where you live in Australia, there are bogans around, just the subclasses of bogan can be a bit hard to pin down.

It's a bit like with Goths or Emo's - the real ones will never admit to the label, and the ones looking for attention and claiming the label are either room temperature IQ, or self obsessive narcissists.

I think most of us have a bit of bogan in us, and some would say if you are a homebrewer you are automatically a bogan.

Some of us are just a bit bogan on the inside; we like a drink, maybe still smoke even though we know it's bad for us, and we listen to a bit of pub rock; but 20 years ago that just made you a knockabout Aussie, and not something to be mocked or sneered at.

I guess I'm a bit of a suburban bogan, you won't find me wearing a flanno, and I draw the line at wearing ugg boots beyond the mailbox, or giving myself a boofhead nickname, and I certainly would be surprised if I encountered the Bogan Hunters if they found that I met the stereotype, but only within a subclass of more intellectual bogan (if there is such a thing).

I may get around in tracksuit pants from time to time, but that's usually when I'm walking my greyhound (which again may make me fit some parts of the bogan steroetype).

At least it's giving the Houso's a bit of a break; I live in public housing, and I can assure you not all Houso's are like you see in that show.

I may have an office job and all my teeth, but I still have more than a couple flannelette and heavy metal shirts in my wardrobe.

This comment coupled with the Rik Mayall talk reminds me of the episode of Young Ones with Motorhead making a cameo. I think that was ones of the moments that turned me on to good rock music as a young fella. Thumbs up to you Rik and horns for you Lemmy

so.. finished my Last tour for the season 3 weeks ago.. flew to indonesia 36hrs later.. for a 3 week holiday.

come home to a stocked fridge of my creations.. currently my 2 can stout ( dark ale and pale ale cans) is in my glasss and its pretty bloody good.. even if i did have some reservations while brewing it.

this 3 weeks off gave me much time to think... as ive quit my job.. nothing confirmed on where im headed from here on in.. couple touring jobs look the goods.. also thinking outside of touring..

but in the meantime ive got some serious brewing and drinking to do over winter.. good stock pile of dark beers and stouts on hand :)

hows everyone enjoying the colder weather???

If you can watch this without soiling yourself you're doing better than me.

Ok' date=' I watched it.

I am not doing better than you!

Timing is everything in comedy [img']crying[/img]

Guzz

• 3 months later...

Okay, I am trying to work this out.

I have noticed that when I have a hot mug of coffee, which I would like to remain hot over the course of my enjoyment, it cools down to undrinkable in what seems like no time at all. Roughly 300mls of liquid.

I currently have 150mls of water in a pyrex jug just off the boil. Do ya think the bastard will cool down to 30c so I can rehydrate a yeast? NO!

If I could somehow reverse the properties of these two liquids I'd be a happy man.

Okay' date=' I am trying to work this out.

I have noticed that when I have a hot mug of coffee, which I would like to remain hot over the course of my enjoyment, it cools down to undrinkable in what seems like no time at all. Roughly 300mls of liquid.

I currently have 150mls of water in a pyrex jug just off the boil. Do ya think the bastard will cool down to 30c so I can rehydrate a yeast? NO!

If I could somehow reverse the properties of these two liquids I'd be a happy man.[/quote']

What I'd do: have some chilled filtered water at the ready when you boil, then tip the chilled water in until you reach the desired temp, and tip out the excess.

Of course you'd need to use a larger jug, or pour into a larger vessel to allow for the volume of water you may need to reach the desired temp.

Just my 2c worth.

Yeah' date=' it was more along the lines of my other 'facts' that I deduce from the world around me. Like the slowest lane for traffic on the way to work is always the one I am in. [img']sad[/img] There must be some science behind it, I just haven't figured it out.

Mate, if that sort of thing is the worst you have to deal with, then life is treating you pretty good.

tongue

They're the sort of things we all have to deal with and just accept (which of course isn't always easy).

Plenty of us out there with much worse problems than traffic, cooling water, or getting stuck in the checkout at Coles with only one person at the register.

I cant' even face going to the supermarket anymore for fear of an anxiety attack, so I do all my grocery shopping online, and send SWMBO out to get the fruit & veg each week.

I barely leave the house except to tend the garden, take the dog for a walk, or pop down to the library to get books, DVD's and CD's.

The exception of course being sporadic trips to the LHBS.

sad

Archived