Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

6 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

Can’t go wrong with a Stone And Wood Pacific Ale!

IMG_9866.jpeg

i used to enjoy this beer , but something has changed  and i think its becuase  when  the big breweries took over it  the recipe has slightly changed.

but it doesnt do a thing for me now .  but i did find it rather good beer  several years ago 

• Like 2

@ozdevil I mean you're probably right, as happens when Big Beer takes over the independents.  Could it have slightly less grainy mouthfeel? Perhaps a bit subdued hop aroma/flavour? Possible sign of cutting back on the quantity/quality of ingredients, but then again perhaps that's a biased perception, I dunno.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

@ozdevil I mean you're probably right, as happens when Big Beer takes over the independents.  Could it have slightly less grainy mouthfeel? Perhaps a bit subdued hop aroma/flavour? Possible sign of cutting back on the quantity/quality of ingredients, but then again perhaps that's a biased perception, I dunno.

Yep Stone and Wood is now just part of the duopoly of Kirin (that produce Stone and Wood) and Asahi.

Fortunately we still have Coopers as an Australian company that produces great beer v the Japanese megaswill duoploy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-28/more-competition-called-for-in-beer-industry-duopoly/103648380

Edited by kmar92
  • Sad 3

Behemoth Brewing Company - Triple Chocolate Milk Stout - @ozdevil, you were interested in hearing about this one

• Wonderful chocolatey aroma, like snorting a line of pure cocoa powder
  • Amazing chocolate flavour, smooth creaminess, pretty much no roast taste
  • No real noticeable bitterness
  • I think the chocolate is emphasised by the modest 5.5% ABV
  • Outstanding beer

IMG_4558.JPG.3042098d85decda1d34ecc6e2109d9fa.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I am not judging this one. All I will say is that it kinda tastes like the normal one but thanks to the 6%abv, you forget about the experience faster. 

I only bought it because I was curious but thinking that I could have gotten a six pack of Coopers Sparkling for 8 bucks less, I kinda feel like I ripped myself off 😀

IMG_0484.thumb.jpeg.706961a52f11fc2576a5c8ad077e0e1b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

I am not judging this one. All I will say is that it kinda tastes like the normal one but thanks to the 6%abv, you forget about the experience faster. 

I only bought it because I was curious but thinking that I could have gotten a six pack of Coopers Sparkling for 8 bucks less, I kinda feel like I ripped myself off 😀

IMG_0484.thumb.jpeg.706961a52f11fc2576a5c8ad077e0e1b.jpeg

I have never tried it & won't, both my local BWS & Dan's have 6 x Coopers Sparkling Ale for $20.00, enjoying one now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have never tried it & won't, both my local BWS & Dan's have 6 x Coopers Sparkling Ale for $20.00, enjoying one now.

Yeah you dont' have to because it really tastes like the original, just stronger. Uncle Dans had the sparkling ale for $19 here.

• Like 1