Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

14 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

When me and Jules visit we'll expect some greasy finger food to line our guts for the concert.

I'll trade off with some good beers.

No problem mate, we can easily do that. Look forward to seeing you guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife making batches of sausage rolls she learnt the recipe from my Mum. First batch hot off the press. I really agree she's got Mums recipe down pat. Delicious tasty morsels. 

IMG_20240617_175956.jpg

• Like 7

@jennyss  I know I stuff around a bit. Just my sense of humour. Tonight smoked chicken wings. I marinated in our home grown limes and lemons. Spices to top them off. Very delicious. My wife made a nice cabbage salad to go with it.

IMG_20240617_195643.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Pale Man said:

@jennyss  I know I stuff around a bit. Just my sense of humour. Tonight smoked chicken wings. I marinated in our home grown limes and lemons. Spices to top them off. Very delicious. My wife made a nice cabbage salad to go with it.

IMG_20240617_195643.jpg

Looks very yummy @Pale Man. I think cabbage salad and coleslaw have become an Australian national dish. My husband makes a very nice coleslaw with cabbage, carrot and onion; and horseradish cream, mayonnaise, dijon mustard and lemon juice in the dressing.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Pale Man said:

IMG_20240617_195643.jpg

The cabbage salad with lime juice or vinegar? My wife uses lemon in her cabbage salad, which is Greek-inspired but I prefer it with a little vinegar. I like the more "in your face" acidity. More the German style. We all have a little bias toward the things we grew up with I suppose. 

The meal looks really good but. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

The cabbage salad with lime juice or vinegar? My wife uses lemon in her cabbage salad, which is Greek-inspired but I prefer it with a little vinegar. I like the more "in your face" acidity. More the German style. We all have a little bias toward the things we grew up with I suppose. 

The meal looks really good but. 

She makes it with vinegar, love it that way.

• Like 4

On 6/17/2024 at 6:44 PM, Pale Man said:

My wife making batches of sausage rolls she learnt the recipe from my Mum.

Yum... care to share the recipe?

• Like 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

does that mean you can do your laundry at the Indian restaurant?

This place is a bar/ restaurant/ laundromat - so... yes

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I picked up some decent sized prawns on skewers, 3 per skewer & they were very nice & crunchy as a prawn should be & full of flavour, of course I added garlic, lemon & chili. 

Overall a very nice simple Sunday meal.

I will be doing it again. 

20240623_185527.thumb.jpg.975102cadf0174abb14bddce718ed23c.jpg20240623_185219.thumb.jpg.b7ce2850edcc013f57da11f6260f8a01.jpg

• Like 2

Well I didn’t cook ribs last night as planned, came down crook.

Woke up this morning with COVID, wife has it too. 
‘I am not allowed to fly back to work so looks like a few extra days R&R until it goes away. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Sad 4

25 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

‘I am not allowed to fly back to work so looks like a few extra days R&R until it goes away. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Bugger, take care RD & get well soon. 👨‍⚕️

• Like 2

On 6/25/2024 at 5:45 AM, Red devil 44 said:

Good luck and get well soon 👍

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 3:34 PM, Red devil 44 said:

Ribs tonight on the new smoker, only a cheapy from Bunnings ($69), but it’s all I need.

Any good?

• Like 1