Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

5 hours ago, jennyss said:

On the left is my latest Coopers Pale Ale with 500g LDM and a 55g mix of Galaxy, Centennial and Pride of Ringwood hops added. On the right is my first brew of a Coopers Amber Ale with 1.25g of LDM.

The Pale Ale is yummy; the Amber Ale has a toffee flavour which I don't really like. 

I included the second photo to show a better head on the Amber Ale - look at the colour!

20240706_163859[1].jpg

20240706_171941[1].jpg

Both beers look like i feel like a beer now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, jennyss said:

On the left is my latest Coopers Pale Ale with 500g LDM and a 55g mix of Galaxy, Centennial and Pride of Ringwood hops added. On the right is my first brew of a Coopers Amber Ale with 1.25g of LDM.

The Pale Ale is yummy; the Amber Ale has a toffee flavour which I don't really like. 

I included the second photo to show a better head on the Amber Ale - look at the colour!

Beautiful stuff JSS

Please for me - try a brew with - Coopers kit - your choice - then another additional liquid Can - of Coopers Liquid Malt suggest Amber - and then - on top -  another pack of dry  BE2 or whatever - all in the same brew - and then see what you think... it is more expensive - but really worth trying out : )

🙂

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Thanks @Pezzzafor your suggestion.  Just checking - do you mean a 1.5kg can of Coopers Amber Liquid Malt extract  instead of 1.5kg of light dry malt? I will try it.

And a BE2 on top of that

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Thanks @Pezzzafor your suggestion.  Just checking - do you mean a 1.5kg can of Coopers Amber Liquid Malt extract  instead of 1.5kg of light dry malt? I will try it.

Yes he means the lot, it would be a gutsy,  hearty brew with heaps of body & great head retention. 

Go for it Jenny.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

Yes as noted by our Brewers above - I mean all of the ingredients in one brew - so three things all in one brew:

1. One Coopers Kit

2. One Coopers Liquid Malt Can

3. One Coopers BE Box of BE2 or BE3

All in the one Brew the three ingredients all together in the one 23L batch ; )

So... Coopers Kit - whatever your choice - and I really would recommend trying the Coopers Real Ale Can - then Additional - a tin of Coopers Liquid Malt - Light or Amber - and then further - a box of BE2 or BE3...  so I think ABV might come out at like 5.4% - but you will get amazing creamy mouthfeel - head - and head retention - and great flavours... just a thought 🙂

Worth trying at least for one brew - Yes it is more expensive throwing all in one - but it is worth having a try - to see what the result is... and seeing what you think of it : )

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Had 8 days AFD, lots of water,  and then also low Carb... quite a few kms of driving... and now trying the latest in keg - pretty yummy - just Coopers Schooner Malt grain and then some Roasted Barley....

Fuggles long Boil and some Gal late... not much Gal hop aroma - hop fade - but v nice Bier : )

image.thumb.png.fb41d08ecfe02eaec7a51ccc499425cd.png

• Like 14

On 7/7/2024 at 8:08 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Yes brewed myself. It is an all-grain brew using Munich, Munich II, Pilsner, CaraMunich II, CaraPils, CaraHell and Carafa II malts, Hallertau MF and Tettnang hops and M76 yeast. 

If you require a k&b recipe, I can't help you much. I'd say a Munich Lager kit as a base, then dark DME, and steep some of the specialty grains I used, boil it for 15 minutes and add some Hallertau MF whilst boiling. That should get you into the vicinity of where you want to be. You may have to tweak here and there to get the best result.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to see how this Schwarzbier goes, and maybe try it again with some lighter malts, carafa II perhaps instead of the carafa III if I find it a bit too roasty.

• Like 2

In the kegerator now
Czech lager
Belgian blonde table beer 
Oatmeal stout
My XPS pale
Brewing
English IPA 
Planned
Dunkel
dark saison
XPS pale ale
Dark mild
  • Like 9

Should be on AFDs but MyGov, the blllaardy banks, flaky Telstraa connectivity, the far k n internet in general including the Bulllshitttt AI queues of modern service centres of any sort...  sent me over the edge and I need desperately some tranquilizer:

image.thumb.png.8a6636c435ecde048ba91777fdb29f48.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Pezzza said:

Should be on AFDs but MyGov, the blllaardy banks, flaky Telstraa connectivity, the far k n internet in general including the Bulllshitttt AI queues of modern service centres of any sort...  sent me over the edge and I need desperately some tranquilizer:

image.thumb.png.8a6636c435ecde048ba91777fdb29f48.png

Well deserved mate,

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

First taste of a Summer Berry Sour from a 5l keg (I bottled the rest). I only just put it on the gas so obviously it’s not carbed at all.

Lovely tart but refreshing taste, and fairly clear already.

Input 1kg of cherries in rather and 0.5kg. Gives it a nice colour. I might even go for 1.5kg if I made it again

IMG_3731.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 12

018, Deez Beez Honey Wheat Ale (Beez Beez clone)

IMG_20240709_184632267.thumb.jpg.465d0f642ef7afbf3fa73e0c556bb283.jpg

Deep gold/light copper with a 10mm or so head that dissipated fairly quickly. Minimal lacing.

A mildly wheaty, malty aroma.

Tangy wheat beer flavour with a distinctly honey taste that lingers. Quite good IMO.

Here are the brew notes.

IMG_20240709_184154702.thumb.jpg.f6929411ab2579f7e2304c198a7be26d.jpg

• Like 13

Mmm AFDs are languishing... maybe Next Week...

in the meantime... a a receptacle of utter frothy joyous AG Rainwater Goodness:

... refreshing the Traveller in the ongoing journey 👍

image.thumb.png.da2bae508811f00d421ec3992c88cda1.png

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Great stuff @Pezzza Itinerant Peasant!

Looks blardy marvelous to me. Enjoy!

Down here in wintery Mexico, it’s time for a high ABV stout…

IMG_5152.thumb.jpeg.60cab06a7a940d6980f7c2e45ee25238.jpeg

Looks tasty but this glass would last about 3 seconds before I knocked it over. High centre of gravity, small footprint and a healthy dose of AussieKraut do not go particularly well together 🙂 

• Haha 5