Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

55 minutes ago, jennyss said:

The beer is green - Please tell us more!

Well it's not St Paddy's day.

I presumed @Pezzza was on a health kick and was doing the broccoli & celery juice thing

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes it is a bit of a health thing... been helping myself to the Keg Freezer a bit much for an extended period and having a few low carb and AFD days off...  So the festive Green Drink is Spinach Leaves and Mint fresh from the Garden - then Fresh Aussie Ginger from the shop as well as Coco Water... and then I found some WPI (Whey Protein Isolate) powder that needs using so it all went in to the Blender and out came that frothy creamy Lovely 😆

image.thumb.png.37031d580e34fdf5340748405b5d9f25.png

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, Pezzza said:

Yes it is a bit of a health thing... been helping myself to the Keg Freezer a bit much for an extended period and having a few low carb and AFD days off...  So the festive Green Drink is Spinach Leaves and Mint fresh from the Garden - then Fresh Aussie Ginger from the shop as well as Coco Water... and then I found some WPI (Whey Protein Isolate) powder that needs using so it all went in to the Blender and out came that frothy creamy Lovely 

You are excused, I was worried for a minute. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Yes it is a bit of a health thing... been helping myself to the Keg Freezer a bit much for an extended period and having a few low carb and AFD days off...  So the festive Green Drink is Spinach Leaves and Mint fresh from the Garden - then Fresh Aussie Ginger from the shop as well as Coco Water... and then I found some WPI (Whey Protein Isolate) powder that needs using so it all went in to the Blender and out came that frothy creamy Lovely 😆

That would grow hair on your toenails 🤣

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Who needs nitro🤣

• Haha 3

On 6/28/2024 at 1:18 PM, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Cracked another bottle of my lambic tonight. 16 months old. 12 months in the fermenter and 4 months in the bottle. Its really interesting seeing these develop. Its slowly smoothing out but i can taste more brett influence too. Really nice beer. Have 7 large bottles left so will drink one every month or so which should take me to when the next one is ready.

20240628_205414.jpg

Outstanding stuff ! Well done on the patience as much as anything 👍

• Like 3

An AG COPA. I really love this brew 😊 

Then a bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The kegged version is much better, but bottles are fairly convenient, we’ve all been that way. I’m glad to have bottled and kegged from the same batch so I could compare.

Finally the Botanical. Lovely brew, I cheated as it is under carbonated so I topped it up from the COPA. Works fine 😃

IMG_3566.jpeg

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3573.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Shocking grammar
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Thanks @Pezzza - now I know, that looks very good. And I'm a bit slow - AFD = alcohol free day lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, kmar92 said:

That would grow hair on your toenails 🤣

Haha you mean - more hair on me toenails ; )  You see strange things up in these Mountains 👽

image.png.cbcb7e8832b07e8d677dccdc89640f3f.png

• Haha 3

AFDing still taking place... good to have Bubbly filtered Rainwater out of the Keg Freezer on hand in these free times ; )

image.thumb.png.4e2724ed331ea5d968c400e4a17ac160.png

Here Fizzy Filtered Rain with Queensland Ginger Cordy and freshly squeezed juice from mate's Limes 😆

• Like 9

On 6/30/2024 at 12:08 AM, ChairmanDrew said:

I'm really just showing off my fancy new glass for fancy beers, but my Coopers dark chocolate stout tastes pretty good from it.

IMG20240630022711[1].jpg

Nice looking glass 

• Like 5

Dark Schwarzbier

32 Days in the bottle, I did 6 with normal sugar

The rest with half sugar to allow for aging.

This is one of the six, thought it was time for a taste.

Different from my normal Darks or Reds but Yes I like it

IMG_20240701_154901.thumb.jpg.21629b29fb0d11c0a0ba052cef45ff62.jpg

Crap photo but you get the idea, I will brew this again!

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Dark Schwarzbier

I've got the same glass. It's probably my favourite type. I used to have a couple of Erdinger ones but people broke them ☹️

• Sad 4

21 minutes ago, ChairmanDrew said:

I've got the same glass. It's probably my favourite type. I used to have a couple of Erdinger ones but people broke them ☹️

Why would you serve other people in those glasses,  I have heaps & I wouldn't. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Dark Schwarzbier

This was a great recipe, mine turned out very nice as well. I did put one in the fridge today to have later 

• Like 5

Even after a most delicious can of Paulaner Hefeweizen this one is definitely not a step down. Sorry, but it was too nice to take a picture earlier. My Ag Stella Artois clone is really up there. I will do it again, next time with Saaz. This one had three types of HallertauIMG_1370.jpeg.3aa229c2bba94d68c1f5455f596e8736.jpeg

IMG_1369.jpeg

• Like 9

Behold, my Nelson's Light V.2.0 in an Export glass (they should really put the branding on the side, so it's visible when holding it by the handle).

Although not as good as my Nelson's Light V1.0, over time it has come into its own. Not bad.

IMG20240702021824[1].jpg

• Like 9

COPA then a Botanical. A Theakston’s Old Perc yesterday too. All very palatable 😃

I know a lot of people on the forum go for a “fast turnaround” on the brews but where possible leaving them to mature pays dividends IMHO.

“Where possible” being the operative words…

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

I know a lot of people on the forum go for a “fast turnaround” on the brews but where possible leaving them to mature pays dividends IMHO.

“Where possible” being the operative words…

I have to agree, my Darks and Reds improved so much more as I left them longer.

But It will come down to Logistics, Kegger's will need extra kegs and bottlers will need extra bottles and the space to keep them all 🍻

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I have to agree, my Darks and Reds improved so much more as I left them longer.

But It will come down to Logistics, Kegger's will need extra kegs and bottlers will need extra bottles and the space to keep them all 🍻

When I was bottling, I used to have heaps of bottles stored (apart from hoppy ales) but know I am kegging the only bottles I get are a few from what does not fit in kegs.

I have been filling smaller kegs rather than bottling, but I agree it is nice to drag out an aged stout sometimes.

I have plenty of room, but I still couldn't be bothered bottling too many these days.

As far as storing kegs, that really is not an option, I have too many fridges running now.

• Like 2